Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RamDez

Thread: Can We and Will We?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Can We and Will We?

Can we beat the Seahawks this Sunday?

We shoulda, coulda, woulda at our house earlier this year except the final score read Seahawks 14 Rams 9.

The Seahawks beat us in the 2 most important categories during our first meeting this season.

Scoreboard (14-9) and Turnovers (2-0)

We took it to them in a lot of other categories.

1st Downs: 23-7
    Totals Yards: 339-135
    Pass Yards: 139-91...and let's not forget this was Clemens 1st game of the season as our starter. Also there was a very lucky 80 yd TD pass by the Seahawks. Take that away and they would have had 11 yards passing!!!!!
    Rush Yards: 200-44
    Sacks: 7-3
    TOP: 38:09 to 21:51

There was a missed 50 yard FG by Greg the Leg that hurt us tremendously. We lost the game on the last play of the game (incomplete pass) at the Seahawks 1 yard line. If Greg the Leg had hit the 50 yarder we could have kicked a short FG for the win!

I say we can beat the Seahawks on Sunday.

Will We????

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Re: Can We and Will We?

It will be a very close game but I see the hawks pulling it out 17-16

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Can we? No doubt.

Will we? Doubt... but I'm going to go with the Rams pulling off the upset.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It will be interesting to see how well we are able to run the ball with Jake Long out, Saffold at LT, and Smith at RG. I had completely forgotten how lopsided the stats were in that game. Thanks for posting that! Nevertheless, that game was played in our house, so this time around the home field advantage will be theirs. That said, the Cards proved the hags are beatable in their own house, particularly if Wilson can be kept off balance.

I am really looking forward to the game, as it is as close to a playoff game we'll get this year. If we win, we won't advance, but a Rams' win would negatively affect the Squawks. That in itself is a lofty goal, and attainable as well.

Whether it's 32 to 22 Rams, or 3 to 2 Rams - a W is a W. Go Rams !!!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Keep in mind, that even with the turnover battle going to the hags, if not for a freak TD catch, we probably still win that game.

gap

Haste is offline Registered User

I'm more interested in how they will defend Quinn and the pass rush. Do they run screen passes all day with some mid-slants thrown in?

How do we react to it while continuing to impose our will against Wilson?

These are all good points but the chickens have two HUGE things going for them.

Home field and position in the playoffs.

Rams win
    Randart likes this.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

The road to the top seed in the NFC goes through us 1st. whatever happens, i know both teams will be ready to spill some blood on the field. My guess is the field will be covered with bright flourescent yellow blood.

Randart is offline Registered User

Good view points guys, enjoyed reading your takes on this coming match up... I want to take a moment to say I have been one of KC's hugest critics except for Kosar of course! I just have to admire how he has taken on the leadership role of this offense and team. This is however his greatest challenge to date, going into one of the toughest stadiums to play in the NFL and against a rival divisional foe. This will put his on the field leadership and play making to its' ultimate test. Can Kellen rise to this occasion as he has done in so many of our games since he took over as starter? Can he keep the youngsters under control and out of penalty situations? Tough questions and a tough start for him to be sure, I am really proud of his efforts thus far pushing his talents to the limit of his abilities I believe. One more time Kellen one more time, he will be a excellent QB coach and assistant one day as someone mentioned before. He has made believers out of us his greatest sceptics, get her done KC! Show your ability to lead these guys and how to go out in style win or lose do it right...
    Last edited by Randart; -12-27-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Paratroopr is offline Registered User

Hello, all. ***** fan here, but this week I'm also a HUGE Rams fan. I hope you guys stick to the Seahawks tomorrow!

I've lived through the great ***** rivalries with the Cowboys and Packers. We've won some and we've lost some for the big prize on the ultimate stage. The thing is, even though I hated these teams I at least respected them and I respected their rich history. It was a "football hate." I just didn't like them because they were good and they were rivals.

The Seahawks are another breed. A team who's accomplished next to nothing and with no real history to speak of, but they're the most arrogant, classless, trash-talking punks I've ever soon. From Sherman to Golden Taint, the roster is loaded with tools who desperately deserve to be embarrassed in their house a second time.

Go Rams!

Edit: Niners activate the profanity filter? LOL Now that's funny!

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

KISS...keep it simple stupid for the offense. The Seagulls are counting on their crowd noise to be a distraction for the Rams on offense; the idea to disrupt play changes at the line and mess with the Rams hearing the snap count. The Rams just need to come to the line and run the play, and use those plays that automatically have an "option". Here is where all that practice with the "pistol" would bear fruit.

But the game will come down to defense. Wilson already has displayed trouble dealing with solid defensive schemes--if he his kept in the pocket and pressure is brought, be becomes like any other flat-footed pocket passer. I can't recall the Rams running CB blitz this season, but this would be the game to try it. T. Johnson fits the bill here; line him against the slot WR and bring him off the edge with Quinn doing a inside Line stunt with Brockers while O-tree taking up the slot WR.

And Move Quinn along the line--The Seagulls haven't forgotten about him and know he his pro-bowl bound. I just hope C. Long eats his Wheaties because he and O-tree likely will be the difference makers. Its a forgone conclusion the Seagulls are going to try Lynch as being the back breaker. Hopefully the Rams if they are getting pressure, can sub in a second FS like if the Rams are down in the score in the 2nd half

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

The Rams have a punchers chance, sure. But they just don't have enough talent to get it done, as proven in St Louis earlier this year. The Hawks have a lot on the line, the Rams, nothing more than pride. I think the Rams keep it close early, but in the end, the Hawks should win this handily. The only chance the Rams have is to stop the Hawks on the ground and make the midget QB throw the ball in the pocket, which is not the best at. He excels outside the pocket and on the move. Keep him contained and make him find a passing lane to throw through. On the other side of the ball, the Rams are going to have to eliminate the turnover, and get a couple of big plays from someone.

...and if the game comes down to a single play at the end of the game from the 2 yard line, they cannot attempt that fade pattern in the corner of the end zone. This time, spread the defense out and run the damn ball down their throat.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Can we? Yes.
    Will we? Yes.
    Will the seahawks fans whine and accuse us of playing dirty? Of course.

Will revenge taste sweet? You bet your sweet bippy.