rxb97 is offline Registered User

Can You Point to 4 plays that make this team a 12 game winner

With 4 losses of 3 points or less it seems this team is on the verge of being a NFL stud team.... I mean it was well within the teams capabilities to be a 12 or 13 game winner going into this weekend resting players for a strong run at the playoffs. So win or lose this weekend The 2010 Rams have made Huge strides
    Go Rams!
    Last edited by rxb97; -01-01-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Can You Point to 4 plays that make this team a 12 game winner

Lets look at the future and not the past. Next year will be much tougher to win. Rams will need some impact players to compete.
    We are set at tight end position. The offensive line should be in good condition. We will need one proven number one receiver, with Amendola, Alexander, Avery and Gilliard this Rams team could have great receiving corp. Running back position could be improved with nice fast outside runner. I like Rams defense with current players, couple of solid line backer would not hurt. As I see it, Rams off season priorities should be Ochosinco, and Brian Westbrook, both guys should have backups brought in from 2011 draft.
    Last edited by Bosna-Ram; -01-01-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Unless my count is mistaken, the Rams only lost three games - not five - by a margin of 3 points or less (Oakland, Tampa, San Fran). The opening game loss to Arizona was by four points, if you were counting that. Also, keep in mind that the Rams won two games by a margin of 3 points or less (Denver & San Diego). Using your logic, they could just as easily be a five-win team as well.

Ultimately, the Rams made some plays when they had to, but other times they couldn't. A game like the overtime loss to the ***** may have come down to a play or two at the end, but games like Arizona, Tampa, and Oakland were there for the taking and the Rams couldn't put them away on numerous drives. The Rams scored a combined 10 second-half points in all three of those games, and average 18.9 points per game on the year. No team with a winning record this season averages less than 20.

Going from a one-win season to a seven or eight win season is impressive enough on its own without the hypothetical, IMO.

rxb97 is offline Registered User

I was mistaken...your correct Nick 4 losses by 4 or less....Just thought a stop by the def at TB, a llineman completing the fumble return was 2 that could have been Ws....Im just saying the team is in good shape nomatter Sundays outcome

Oregon Ram is offline Registered User

I agree with the idea that we could have won 3 or 4 more games, and with maturity, we will see that happen. Next year will be tougher though, especially if we win the division. The team benefitted from having a fairly easy schedule this year, but next year will likely see an increase in good teams on our schedule. I like the direction the team is headed, but I just hope expectations aren't for another 6-win increase next year. I would be satisfied with 9 or 10 wins and another division title.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I don't like to look to the past but this looks kind of fun so I will join.

1.) The Fumble for what would have been a 2 possesion lead against arizona.
    2.) Roughing the passer against fred robbins in the Oakland game.
    3.) 4th down conversion in the Whiners game
    4.) The last play in the bucaneers game.