Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

Well, the offense was a big dud again. Nice stretches of runs from what I could hear on the radio, but looks like Bulger was pretty bad again. Don't know what to say about that until I see the game ...

Was getting naseous reading all the posts about how we were going to give up 200+, 300+, blah blah blah, yards to the Chargers on the ground. They didn't even get 100 ...

Seems like our first team defense was very strong. Lots of pressure on the QB and give up absolutely no big plays. Chargers get shutout if not for the INT's by Bulger. Little and Hall seemed to be absolute TERRORS ...

I don't care who the Charger's played, it seems like our guys came out with major intensity and wanted to make a statement ...

So, to all those out there who are so cynical on our defense ...

I guess since they looked so poor against the Titans last week and everyone was ready to bury them, what now?

Wait a minute, of course. It won't matter how we performed tonight, because most are cynics here. We play horrible, everybody jumps off the bandwagon. We play great D, and what? Nothing, so what, it was against their second and third teams right? BUT WASN'T MOST OF THE BASHING WE TOLD LAST WEEK A RESULT AGAINST OUR SECOND AND THIRD TEAM DEFENSE? Rigggghhhtttt ....

Anyway, Pace almost got Bulger killed. He looks terrible ...

Flame away, can't wait to see it ....

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

Okay, I'll start this thing off.

I was pleasantly surprise by the Rams defensive effort tonight.

Yes, the Chargers didn't have any of their big names out there, Rivers, LT, Gates, Merriman, Cromartie, to name the one I can think of off the top of my head. But nonetheless, the Rams defense looked much improved.

Run blocking was very good, and Leonard and Pittman looked pretty darn good. Bulger was another story.... He's looking shakey in the pocket, and he wasn't on the same page with his receivers. He also went down with an injury. Looks like a shoulder, from what I saw. But he's not sharp at all.

I really thought the Chargers would roll over the Rams even without LT, because I still think they're better top to bottom then the Rams. But tonight, the Rams played a very good practice game.

Now, if they can get the offense going....

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Yeah, Pace does look bad so far. And with Setterstrom hurt I am really worried about our O-Line! If we can't protect Bulger again this year we can forget about winning.

Speaking of Bulger, is he made of glass or what?? The man can't seem to get through a game without geeting hurt these days.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Well, the offense was a big dud again. Nice stretches of runs from what I could hear on the radio, but looks like Bulger was pretty bad again. Don't know what to say about that until I see the game ...

Was getting naseous reading all the posts about how we were going to give up 200+, 300+, blah blah blah, yards to the Chargers on the ground. They didn't even get 100 ...

Seems like our first team defense was very strong. Lots of pressure on the QB and give up absolutely no big plays. Chargers get shutout if not for the INT's by Bulger. Little and Hall seemed to be absolute TERRORS ...

I don't care who the Charger's played, it seems like our guys came out with major intensity and wanted to make a statement ...

So, to all those out there who are so cynical on our defense ...

I guess since they looked so poor against the Titans last week and everyone was ready to bury them, what now?

Wait a minute, of course. It won't matter how we performed tonight, because most are cynics here. We play horrible, everybody jumps off the bandwagon. We play great D, and what? Nothing, so what, it was against their second and third teams right? BUT WASN'T MOST OF THE BASHING WE TOLD LAST WEEK A RESULT AGAINST OUR SECOND AND THIRD TEAM DEFENSE? Rigggghhhtttt ....

Anyway, Pace almost got Bulger killed. He looks terrible ...

Flame away, can't wait to see it ....
    Just because someone criticizes the effort and/or preparedness of the team, it doesn't mean were jumping ship. This is not about the fans, this is about the players and their effort/preparedness. Stop making the issue something other than the play on the field.

Here you are criticizing Bulger for his play this week, and you have the gall to then mock those who criticize our defense last week which ALMOST SET A RECORD FOR MOST RUSHING YARDS GIVIN UP.

Odd.

HornyRam is offline Registered User

Looks like you're starting the fire and asking for fuel to feed it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

No, I agree with most of that. Two years ago I thought Pace wasn't looking like his old Pro Bowl self. So far, it's looking like he has come back a good bit rustier. At this rate, we could see a surprise coup at the position with Goldberg starting by season's end. Who ever thought we might live to see the day we'd even think of saying that?

I also expect good things from this defense as long as we can get a good pass rush from the defensive ends. Even last year, it looked like the other pieces were starting to fall into place.

It's still hard to tell what we have on offense with Jackson out. Bulger seems to start slow every year, so I think it's a little early to forecast too much doom and gloom for him. I'm pretty sure he has had other years where he started off very poorly in the pre-season and gone on to put up good numbers once he got back into a groove.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Nice effort by the defense statistically, i just dont see how anyone can say "I dont care who was playing for san diego."

The fact that we effectively shut down a second team nfl offense is nothing to jump up and down and get excited about. I fail to see how that is really a predictor of future success.

Dont get me wrong, i am proud of the defense, i just dont think people should get too excited because the quality of the opponent is critical and without tomlinson, rivers and gates, that is a completely different team that would be lucky to win a small handful of games.

Offensively, people need to understand that without steven jackson in the lineup, we are a very ineffective offensive team. We have AT BEST an average offense line and at best average receivers. I dont know what you guys expect out of bulger. From what i heard on the radio, one ball was tipped and on the other, bennett was in the wrong place.

At the end of the day, if we dont get jackson into camp and ready to play very very soon bordering on immediately, we will be lucky to win four games. Without jackson and with our offensive line, our ability to throw the ball down the field is extremely limited and our offense is going to be a disaster, which will put additional pressure on our defense.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I guess the sky isn't falling as much.....

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Today once again shows that we need Jackson. Certainly, our rushers did a pretty good job today. Nothing to be excited about, but something good for us in this game. We need Jackson back.

Today, also showed me that Bennett was a waste of money. He dropped a few passes, he was in the wrong place, which lead to an interception.

I think Bulger needs better weapons to throw to. He didn't have the best one on the field today. God knows how Avery can perform in a game since he hasn't played one yet.

Pace did look rusty, but waht do you expect? He's missed so many games and he is up there in age. You can't ask way too much out of him right now.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I am excited to see the D play well. It did not matter to me who was out there just makes some plays and they did good job. I still have to wounder about Bulger it seem to me the reserve are out playing him I don't know what to make of him right now.
    :ramlogo:

general counsel is offline Registered User

Guys, further reality check. I just read that san diego had THREE starters on offense. Three. How you play is in large part a function of who you are playing against. If the rams defense dominated against a college team, would that get anyone excited? Performing well against a team with three starters on the field is certainly better than not performing well against a team with only three starters on the field, but its not a reason to believe that we are going to be solid defensively. Keep in mind that our secondary is in terrible shape right now and that fact is highly unlikely to be exploited against backups. Thank the lord that we were at least able to get some pressure on the qb with our defensive line.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I think Bulger needs better weapons to throw to. He didn't have the best one on the field today. God knows how Avery can perform in a game since he hasn't played one yet.
    It has to be more than just the wr's or the ol the other qb's throw to those same wr's out there, something else is going on with Bulger his skill might be headed south. I would like to see what Avery can do.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

One thing about this game is that it is just what Little and Long needed to build up confidence.

It also shows who is in the running for the backup behind SJ (no pun intended...).

quote"Guys, further reality check. I just read that san diego had THREE starters on offense. Three. How you play is in large part a function of who you are playing against. If the rams defense dominated against a college team, would that get anyone excited?"

Agree but I am happy to see who ever was out there did there job thats more than we could say last week.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ah, the pessimist roll call.

Drumroll please....

it remains the preseason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast