Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    Now imagine me saying the rams are gonna win the superbowl based on last night's performance.
    You'd have to add "toot toot" and "you heard it here first" to the end of it...actually, there's a drinking game and a half.

    Every time someone makes an outlandish prediction and concludes it with either of the aforementioned phrases, you drink.


  2. #32
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    It has to be more than just the wr's or the ol the other qb's throw to those same wr's out there, something else is going on with Bulger his skill might be headed south. I would like to see what Avery can do.
    Amen!! Bulger has been headed south for several seasons. Is it the punishment he has endured? I don't know, but one thing is for sure, no defense in the NFL will respect you if you CAN'T throw the ball farther than 40 yds. Bulger has no arm strength, never has, he use to be very accurate but now that has faded also. I think the time has come to look at another option.

  3. #33
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    You'd have to add "toot toot" and "you heard it here first" to the end of it...actually, there's a drinking game and a half.

    Every time someone makes an outlandish prediction and concludes it with either of the aforementioned phrases, you drink.
    sounds like fun, lets get started, who goes first

  4. #34
    TheBritishRam's Avatar
    TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxford
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,110
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    sounds like fun, lets get started, who goes first
    Berlin will be the league MVP this year.

    Wait for it...........

    You heard it here first!!!

  5. #35
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    Amen!! Bulger has been headed south for several seasons. Is it the punishment he has endured? I don't know, but one thing is for sure, no defense in the NFL will respect you if you CAN'T throw the ball farther than 40 yds. Bulger has no arm strength, never has, he use to be very accurate but now that has faded also. I think the time has come to look at another option.

    Just another stupid post about Bulgers arm strength. His arm strength is fine I've seen him throw further than 50 yds before. As a matter of fact there is a video of him throwing to Holt more than 50 yds in the air. Also how has he been headed south for several years when in 06 he had his best season as a qb? Did you even see the game last night? 3 of Bulgers incompletions were on Bennett, including an interception. The int Bulger threw when throwing to McMichael was about a foot too long and McMichael tipped it and it was picked. Pace just about got Bulger killed causing another incompletion and the end to his night. Bulger will be fine, what I noticed is it seemed the wr's were not on the same page as him. By the way Holt didnt play a single down either.
    Just Fix It

  6. #36
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Well, you make some valid points, 06 was his best year because its the only year he did'nt get hurt because he handed the ball off to Jackson all year, that why JACKSON had his best year in 06 also. Can't throw a pick if you keep it on the ground. As you said the int. to McMichael was on a tip that was about a foot too far in front of him.Why? Because of accuracy issues. Finally Bulger at one time may have been able to throw the ball 50yds but not any more. Over the last 2 seasons, even his hall of fame year of 06 he is still less than 30% past 31yds. Watch that washed up #4 in the Meadowlands this year, I bet he does better than that.

  7. #37
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,255
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Since this thread has moved on to a discussion on Bulger, I'll comment on what I saw last night.

    He looked "rushed" in the pocket, even at times when he wasn't being rushed. He made a couple really nice throws, but a few were off target. The ball had plenty of zip on it, so I think the question of arm strength is weak. It's not like he's suddenly turned into Alex Smith. Just because he doesn't throw 50 yards downfield doesn't mean he can't. I believe you have to have a receiver downfield 50 yards to throw the ball 50 yards. The Rams, for whatever reason, choose to dink and dunk.

    What puzzles me is how he seems to lock onto one receiver through the course of a game. Yesterday, it was Bennett. It's like he was the only receiver on the field at times. ...and when Bulger gets locked onto that one guy, he seems bound and determined to get the ball to them, no matter how many guys are defending, and forces the ball in there.

    Maybe Bulger is still a little gun-shy from the beatings he took last year. Maybe he's lost faith in his line to protect him, and he's developed a bad case of Jim "happy feet" Everett. But whatever it is, I see it in his footwork. He's a bit jumpy, and isn't planting to throw on many of his throws. I really noticed it when Green came in for that short stint when Bulger went down. Green looked more poised in the pocket, and not as hurried. ...and if anyone should be a little gun-shy, it's Green, with his concussion issues. But I thought he looked, for lack of a better word, smoother in the pocket. It's almost as if the little clock in Marc's head is a tad fast.

    But back to the topic of this thread. The Rams put in a good effort last night, at least defensively. Offensively, there is much work to be done. And it does matter that the Rams defense was playing against the Chargers number two offense. Is there anyone on this board that really thinks the Rams could stay with the Chargers starting offense? You have to consider that when evaluating the game last night, just as much as you have to think that the Rams would have been a bit more successful with Holt and Jackson in the lineup. What I saw last night was a better effort than what was put forth in practice game number one. Nothing more, nothing less.

  8. #38
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Wait a minute, of course. It won't matter how we performed tonight, because most are cynics here. We play horrible, everybody jumps off the bandwagon. We play great D, and what? Nothing, so what, it was against their second and third teams right? BUT WASN'T MOST OF THE BASHING WE TOLD LAST WEEK A RESULT AGAINST OUR SECOND AND THIRD TEAM DEFENSE? Rigggghhhtttt ....
    Oh, don't look now, lest you might notice that you are being cynical. Let me guess, you were trying to win this weeks fan bashing award? Well congrats!



  9. #39
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    Well, you make some valid points, 06 was his best year because its the only year he did'nt get hurt because he handed the ball off to Jackson all year, that why JACKSON had his best year in 06 also. Can't throw a pick if you keep it on the ground. As you said the int. to McMichael was on a tip that was about a foot too far in front of him.Why? Because of accuracy issues. Finally Bulger at one time may have been able to throw the ball 50yds but not any more. Over the last 2 seasons, even his hall of fame year of 06 he is still less than 30% past 31yds. Watch that washed up #4 in the Meadowlands this year, I bet he does better than that.
    Funny in 06 he threw for over 4300 yds and 370 completions. Not bad for handing it off all the time. Also can you please post a link to the site where you found he is only 30% past 31 yds. As for his int are you saying he has to throw a perfect pass every time? A little demanding dont you think? I have an idea lets draft a rookie and stick him behind this putrid o-line and see how well they fare.
    Just Fix It

  10. #40
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,928
    Rep Power
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Funny in 06 he threw for over 4300 yds and 370 completions. Not bad for handing it off all the time.
    Indeed. He was also third in the league in pass attempts that season. Hard to do if you're handing the ball off all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Also can you please post a link to the site where you found he is only 30% past 31 yds.
    According to ESPN's stat splits for Bulger, over the last two seasons he's completed about 22% of passes over 30 yards. But that's actually similar to what "that washed up #4 in the Meadowlands" did over the same span.

    I don't think Bulger has elite arm strength, but I think he has capable power in his throws. It's probably hard to connect on a number of deep passes when you have an inconsistent offensive line in front of you and no true deep threat at WR.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-20-2008 at 01:18 AM.

  11. #41
    btimsah Guest

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    A record? It's preseason NOOB ...

    Saying Bulger is bad is one thing. Nowhere in my post did you say me say the season was shot because of one bad performance in a preseason game ...

    You obviously just do not get it. My gripe is the "sky is falling" attitude after one preseason game ...

    Do you really think the run defense's performance against Tennessee was indicitive of what this team is capable of? Right. You know, we just shed 20 YPG and 0.8 YPC against on run defense from 2006 to 2007, but now, with more experience, and fresh legs, the wheels fell off? Come on ...

    You obvious have not just the jist of ANYTHING I post on here. I don't need to explain myself. Many people on this board respect me, I don't need to prove anything ...

    Point is, I saw predictions of the Chargers second team rushing for 200+ yards against us. I don't think they barely got 200 yards of total offense ...
    You can't have it both ways. First you say pre-season does not matter, but then you give the defense props for how they played in a pre-season game in which the opponnent had 3 starters playing. WHICH IS IT, NOOB?

    And let me make my point 100% clear. If our starters suck this preseason, THIS TEAM WILL SUCK during the regular season. That's just how I feel. I'm not going to make excuses anymore. We've had this same argument last pre-season. I can remember vividly how the offense (last year) in it's 3rd pre-season game said - WE GOTTA TURN IT ON. Of course they came out and could not score in that game. Bulger was mad as usual and the fans were booing. They were trying like hell to score, IN PRE-SEASON and could not do it. They sucked then and they sucked in the regular season.

    If I see that same thing again... I'm sorry, but I have no choice but to conclude "here we go again". But hey, at least maybe then we can get a real coach!! I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

  12. #42
    Josh Guest

    Re: Can't wait to hear the responses now ...

    Marc Bulger just need's to settle down and Play at the level that we all know he can. Marc needs to Play up to competition, not down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 98
    Last Post: -10-15-2006, 06:16 AM
  2. It is really nice to hear!
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: -05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-27-2005, 05:28 PM
  4. ProFootballWeekly: The Way We Hear It
    By Nick in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-16-2004, 11:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •