Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: Can't Wait for Next Season

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Can't Wait for Next Season

As I type, I remember with full clarity how I felt exactly one year ago: Disappointed, disenchanted and more than a little pissed. We had just finished a 2-14 season. After a brief glimpse of hope from the previous year, we reverted to form. Eight non-winning seasons in a row. And although at 7-8-1, we still failed to break that .500 mark, the mood is very different. No longer am I too disgusted to wear a Rams jersey. No longer do I feel a sense of hopelessness. And no longer is this team a laughingstock.

We have some players in place to be a real good team next year. What's more, we're in position to add significant pieces thru the draft with the RGIII deal. We have a coaching staff in place that's first rate. We have an owner who is not afraid to spend or do what needs to be done to help us be successful. We have good, young talent. And while upgrades are needed at multiple spots, the product is so much better from 2012. It's fun to be a Rams fan again.

No fan is expected to celebrate losing. But to not be proud of this team for what they acheived this season on the heels of such futility is to be completely unfair. And the way they went up to Seattle today- with really nothing to play for but pride- and hang with them for the entire game shows you the grit and determination in these guys that's been instilled by Fisher. The game was a lot closer than many of us, me included, thought it would be. It illustrates what good coaching can do.

With improvement comes greater expectations. And I have no doubt the Rams are on their way to giving all of us long suffering fans some playoff appearances very soon.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: Can't Wait for Next Season

The Rams walked over the NFC-W division nearly sweeping the Tards/Seagulls/& 49whinners. And that is very difficult to do in the NFL since those in your division they know you the best. There where plenty of games the Rams should have won--no one can argue that point. The only real question is how do the Rams take the next step?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

And we might have won today's game if the officials new how to call offensive holding against our opponent. They finally called one, but it was soooooooooooooooooooooooo blatant that game fixing charges would had to have been brought if they didn't. That go-ahead win, in the final two minutes, should not have happened if the officials weren't cheerleading for the Hawks.

gap

Rampage29 is offline Registered User

You took the words right out of my mouth when you mentioned Fisher instilling grit and determination in our team. To often in the past we have just rolled over and died. This year we may not have won every game but Fisher has got us fighting for every point.

Really looking forward to a winning season next year!
    Cheers & Beers
    Rampage29

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Totally with you NJ. Let's add the pieces needed on offense and make a nice run in the playoffs next year!
    The expectations are now high again.

R.Gabriel is offline Registered User

To infinity and beyond.................or something like that. Much more to look foward to. Hoping for more good draft choices next year, especially a WR (drafted or FA).