Thread: Cap info graph.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Arrow Cap info graph.

ROT's Rams Salary Cap Info

Posted this before but its a little more pertinent now.

Look at the very bottom of the graph,because thats the tell all.

:clanram:

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Cap info graph.

Two glaring things that I see, if I am reading this right:

We need to resolve the Turley thing!!

Ike has got to spread that salary out over the next couple of years!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

So according to that information we're looking at approximately $37M in cap room if the salary cap increases by the expected 10%? That's taking into account around $10M in bonuses and the $5.82M in dead money for 2006.

Seems like we'd be in great shape to sign some of the few players that we'd like to bring back and make one or two impact signings.

Steve Hutchinson anybody?
    Last edited by ZigZagRam; -01-25-2006 at 11:47 AM.

majorram is offline Registered User

thanks for the graph... I agree bruce stands out, man I didn't know how much dead money there was on Turley..

Wow Brandon manumaleuna making $1.325000 next year hhhmmmm

what if Coakley retires due to his ankle will his salary accerate???? Don't tell me it does!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Manu...what a waste!!!!!!!

In the next CBA the owners need to address this dead money for retiring or physically incapable to play cap figures. This dead money should only count as a percentage of the actual figure. This just kills teams when a guy has left the roster for those reasons.

Attachment 694
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -02-21-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is online now Registered User

I think that the dead money impact should stay as it is, otherwise, the chances for abuse are just too extreme. In the nfl, retirement is often just around the corner, especially for the guys due very big money. You cant give the owners an incentive to pay guys big bonuses towards the ends of their careers and then not have the full cap hit if they retire. Injuries are a different issue, but tricky as well. The system isnt perfect, but the tight cap is what makes it an equal playing field for everyone and makes it all the more critical that teams shouldnt throw money around for non core guys.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

if coakley retires, there will be some acceleration on his signing bonus.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bruce_wannabe Guest

i hope he doesnt retire because i could see him playing an important role next year if he came back

GC, I see your point on retirements. Very true about the possiblity for abuse by the owners. I just believe that retirement due to catstrophic injury is a killer to a team. That clown Turley is really sticking it to us by quitting or having to retire; whichever way you care to interpret his abscence. Just think about how it would impact a team if a few of its marquee players had career ending injuries in the same season and had to retire the next? I would just like to see if a plan in the next CBA would allow for only one injury-related retirement to have the cap impact stretched out over a two year period; only one at a time. That is all. It is just an option that I would like to see happen. How you determine if a retirement is injury-related is up to the NFL/NFLPA. However, it needs to be obvious to avoid abuse. Just a thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interesting point on the injury exemption to the cap. I think its a great idea in concept, my fear is the execution. What constitutes a career ending injury? Who is going to evaluate that? Everyone of these guys have injuries at some point, so who is to say what is truly career ending. Third party medical opinions? Insurance implications?

I believe that injuries are part of the game and part of dealing with the cap is blind luck. The risk of injury and its cap impact is the same for all teams. Anyone can get hurt at any time and that is part of the risk. On the other hand, if someone goes out and signs a player that already has an injury problem, and that player gets hurt again and has to retire, why should that team get a break? injury history and risk (by age, position etc) is factored into the market price that teams pay for these guys.

Bottom line is that the hard cap, while certainly not fair in every instance, minimizes the risk of abuse. If you are going to do everything you can to "win now" that is the choice afranchise can make, but you have to be prepared to pay the piper later. There is no doubt in my mind that if a number of these owners are given an inch in terms of loopholes in the cap, they will take it and exploit the system.

ramming speed to all

general counsel