Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Cap number--6.2 million

It is being reported by Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, the Rams are 28th in the NFL in Salary Cap room with $6.2 Million.

This seems a little more reasonable than the 3 million last week.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Cap number--6.2 million

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    It is being reported by Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, the Rams are 28th in the NFL in Salary Cap room with $6.2 Million.

This seems a little more reasonable than the 3 million last week.
    Awesome now the team can afford to buy those new helmets.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Not by much but hey, anytime you double the availability in million$, that's great!

LARAM0, how about we go for the full uni, exactly like the one on your / my avatar. :l

I wouldn't get my undies in a bunch over this.

There will not be a lot of free-agents to sign this off season that are worth a damn. Most are getting tagged and the marginal players will be over payed and scooped up by teams like the Dolphins, Jags, Bills, Vikings who have 30 to 40 million to spend.

The good news is. We do have talent on this team and have a chance to win with what we have. We just have to have a good draft and hope to be healthy next season. I have faith...do you?

One fair market lineman and we are there!!

My personal opinion is we need to move some money around to sign Chillar, Atogwe and Jackson long term. I would rather us focus on that than over pay another Drew Bennett.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -02-21-2008 at 10:02 PM.

jkramsfan Guest

I wouldn't get my undies in a bunch over this.

There will not be a lot of free-agents to sign this off season that are worth a damn. Most are getting tagged and the marginal players will be over payed and scooped up by teams like the Dolphins, Jags, Bills, Vikings who have 30 to 40 million to spend.

The good news is. We do have talent on this team and have a chance to win with what we have. We just have to have a good draft and hope to be healthy next season. I have faith...do you?

One fair market lineman and we are there!!

My personal opinion is we need to move some money around to sign Chillar, Atogwe and Jackson long term. I would rather us focus on that than over pay another Drew Bennett.
    RW, I agree,I think it is super important to get Jackson signed this off season ,this team can win with the talent they have IF they can stay healthy, 1 very good lineman would be nice if we could squeeze one in,I think the coaching changes alone make the Rams a better team,or at least I hope so.

RamOfDenmark Guest

3-13 and 28th in cap space - ouch. 3 million or 6, cap space is a relative thing, some team is going to sign each (good) player and it's going to be whoever can afford it, being 28th is not good with the talent we have. We need to look at ways to get some more cap space, restructuring deals mostly I think (Bruce, Little etc.).

At least we're not the Dolphins though - I don't think I've ever seen a team so devoid of talent. Maybe I should check the odds on them going 0-16 next year...

One question: I assume this cap number is before the cap is raised for the year? Or is it after?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Yep, I agree we are much better then 3-13, with a good draft and a new playbook we are fine.

Ramer Guest

I have faith! We are going to turn thing around this year. Thanks for the post RamWraith.

Keenum is offline Registered User

We'll still get more money. There will be cuts and releases I bet, and Bruce's number will go down, be it a renegotiation (HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!) or release him (they ain't afraid to do it).

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The cap number is deceptive, because you have to figure at least $5 million of it will be allocated for rookie contracts. Last year, the Detroit Lions picked second overall and used eight total picks; the NFL gave them a rookie cap of $5.824 million. We may have fewer picks but prices have only gone up.

So when you remove that kind of figure from the reported cap space, you're really not left with much.

Those fans who continue to think this team is going to go out and make big splashes in free agency really need to prepare themselves for disappointment. The Rams would do well to clear some cap space by restructuring some contracts, but this doesn't strike me as a team in a position to go out and have an offseason spending spree.

Finding lower priced players capable of filling specialized roles on this squad will be the goal this spring, IMO.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Since 'Ask The DraftNick' isn't yet open...(hint, hint), I do have a question for you, Nick.
    We have quite a few underachievers on our roster. I'm not talking about the injured players, I'm talking about the players like Byrd who have potential but can't get it together. A good portion of these underachievers are still in their rookie contracts. What will happen to the cap if Saunders decides these players need to be let go and management agrees? Will cutting these players help or hurt our cap over the next couple of years, especially this season?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

So much for getting Faneca or someone good to get us excited during the offseason :\

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Depends on how you look at things. Everyone thought Drew Bennett was the ticket last year, look at that great move.

We know what we have with our own...wrapping them up would be a sure thing. Faneca has baggage as well...he isn't all that young and will cost a chunk of change for our future. You should be excited that we were even able to add someone to the staff like Saunders or Linehan admitting he was a screw up last year. Don't get down my friend. There is a lot out there to be excited about for next year, you might have to read between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    So much for getting Faneca or someone good to get us excited during the offseason :\

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Folks, we'd all do ourselves a favor by steeling to the fact (and yes, I think at this point it's a fact), the Rams will not be making a splash in the FA market. Maybe an also-ran to fill a spot or two, but that's it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mooselini Guest

I could pass on Chillar however. He's asking too much and we have 2 other LB's who have a chance to make an impact.

Still 6.2 million is enough to sign a few picks and fill our needs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-21-2008, 10:17 PM