MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Carriker looks to play the 3-technique more and more ...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...m?mode=nfcwest

St. Louis
    Nov. 9, 2007

Carriker starting to make strides inside

It’s looking more and more, we hear, like the interior of the Rams’ defensive line is destined to feature fellow rookies Adam Carriker and Clifton Ryan at the three-technique and NT positions, respectively. “I’d say that’s a good possibility,” Carriker told PFW after Wednesday’s practice for the upcoming game against the Saints. “Cliff has played real well on the nose, and I’m getting to play the ‘three-spot’ a little more, with more pass-rush opportunities.” Carriker, whose body got a welcome rest last week with the Rams on bye, says it really doesn’t matter which tackle spot he plays. “It’s not a big deal,” he said. “It’s wherever I’m getting the playing time.” Carriker had nothing but good things to say about veteran Rams UT La’Roi Glover, who he said has gone out of his way to get him up to speed at his new position after Carriker played defensive end at Nebraska. “He has really helped me a lot,” Carriker said of Glover. “Anytime I have a question, he’s quick to help me, like today in practice, when I was stuck on a particular type of pass-rush move. He showed me a couple of good counter moves right away.” It turns out Carriker has had experience playing on a team that has suffered as much as the Rams currently are suffering in the standings this season. “In my four years in high school, our team’s record was 2-36, including 0-9 my senior year.” Carriker said. He also said, however, that he never has been on a team at any level that has suffered as many injuries as the Rams have this season. “Not even close,” he said. “And I never hope to see anything like this again.”
    Amen!!!!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Carriker looks to play the 3-technique more and more ...

God I love this kid. I'm so happy that I was wrong about him back before the draft. And I'm also happy that the whiners didn't take him like I expected.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Carriker looks to play the 3-technique more and more ...

Carriker and Ryan are the beginning stages of solid line production for the next couple of years. It looks like we finally did something right in this troubled area. Now for the o-line.