MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

CB Fletcher expects Redskins to test him ..

By BILL COATS | Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:49 pm

St. Louis Rams cornerback Bradley Fletcher, a third-round draft pick in 2009, suffered a serious knee injury in just fourth game as a starter during his first season.

So it's no surprise that opposing offensive coordinators have been targeting Fletcher and trying to stay away from veteran cornerback Ron Bartell.

Fletcher expects more of the same Sunday, when Washington and veteran quarterback Donovan McNabb visit the Edward Jones Dome.

"Just from his experience and how things have been going for me, just coming back right now, I'm sure they'll maybe throw a couple more balls my way," Fletcher said. "That's fine. I'm always up for a challenge."

The Redskins (1-1) could present a formidable challenge. McNabb is averaging 298.5 passing yards per game, the sixth-best mark in the league. McNabb threw for 426 yards Sunday in the Redskins' 30-27 loss to Houston.

The 6-foot-, 198-pound Fletcher said he used his time off the field last year to make progress in the classroom. "I got to learn a lot ... a lot about the defense in more detail," he said. "That's helping me out right now."

So if other teams want to come after him, his stance is, bring it on.

"He's holding his own," Bartell said. "He works hard, he's attentive. He's still learning, still has a long way to go, but he competes every play. So, you've got a guy with his skill level that competes hard every down ... he'll be OK.

"He has a bright future as long as he stays healthy."

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: CB Fletcher expects Redskins to test him ..

We HAVE TO focus on Mcnabb and the passing game and the likes of Cooley and Moss. Because their running game is virtually non existent at this point, we have no choice but to do so. We cant let him have a big day. If we do, then they could easily put up 30+ on us. EASILY. If we can, however, contain the pass at least, then they shouldnt score any more than 17.