Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Chad Johnson to the Rams?

Chad is a couple years younger and he is better than Holt right now. I dont want Holt to go, but this trade isnt that bad because we would still get a high pick.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I don't think so.
    1st off, I think Chad Johnson is a cancer to a team, and he is not the type of person to bring him when we are in a rebuilding mode. Maybe if we already had several good experienced vets.
    As far as the actual trade proposal, swapping picks and WRs, I say HECK NO. We need that #2 pick to get Chris Long (I'm pretty sold the Fins will take either Ryan or Dorsey with that #1 pick) and help out our defense. I think Long will give Little less double teams, and could get him back on track.
    Now if it was just Holt for Johnson and the #9 pick, I may consider it, but only if we were able to load up Johnson's contract with clauses just in case he started to cause trouble.
    Or if we just gave up our #2 pick for Johnson... I'd consider that. Yes, I want help on the defense, and I WANT Chris Long, but having Holt and Johnson on the same team would also be very nice.

majorram is offline Registered User

I don't want Chad anywhere near the Rams!!! I will take 32 year old Holt anyday...

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Chad Johnson is nothing near a cancer. Half the team was arrested, Chad wasn't one of them Chad hasn't been in trouble with the law...Chad was being blamed for the Bengals struggles, to me that sounds like an organizational problem not a player problem. His QB stood up for him. Because he celebrates touchdowns does that make him a cancer? So he's cocky, so were the Rams. Don't call the guy a cancer.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Chad Johnson is nothing near a cancer. Half the team was arrested, Chad wasn't one of them Chad hasn't been in trouble with the law...Chad was being blamed for the Bengals struggles, to me that sounds like an organizational problem not a player problem. His QB stood up for him. Because he celebrates touchdowns does that make him a cancer? So he's cocky, so were the Rams. Don't call the guy a cancer.
    YES...I totally agree.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Well then, what if the #2 pick was left out? That is to say, what if the trade was Holt for Johnson and the #9 pick.
    That's far beyond the fact. Having Torry leave the team would be terrible. He has a great season even with the back up QB and crappy OL. He still makes it to the probowl. I think Torry is the heart and soul of this team. Ofcourse, he and Linehan didnt get on the best of terms, but Marc Bulger only has one weapon to throw to that we can count on.

Though Chad Johnson would be nice...I'd rather have Holt around. He is still a great player, great probowler and a future hall of famer. We cant let two of Bulger's weapons go in one year. We'd get one back, but it would be different.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Personally...you can say Torry Holt is a veteran at 32, good class act, etc. but I'd take Chad Johnson's knees over his knees any day of the week.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I like thris trade if they threw in a third and we could still pick up gholston.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    Having Torry leave the team would be terrible.
    Very well, Moose. How about Holt for Johnson, their 1st round, 2nd round, AND next year's 1st round. How 'bout that?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-07-2008, 07:08 PM
  2. -03-07-2008, 03:13 PM