Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A challenge from SLOP

Here's my SLOP challenge...

Other than "you need to give a new coach at least 2 years..." can anyone give me one good reason why Scott Linehan should continue being the head coach of the St. Louis Rams?

Re: A challenge from SLOP

yes.

no o line

no d line

oops, thats 2

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Yes. He's under contract.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Because the front office says so.

Um... okay...

I'll tell you... I hope I'm wrong about Linehan, but I really don't see ANYTHING from him that makes me feel like he's the right guy for the job. I just listened to his post-game comments on the radio. The guy makes Marc Bulger look hyper by comparison. He basically said, "well, yeah, we had some turnovers and some penalties and you can't have that... blah, blah, blah..."

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I don't know David. You sure place a lot of blame on one person. Maybe we can change your S.L.O.P anagram to S.old L.inehan O.ut P.arty

As many would say about Martz. He isn't the one out dropping the balls, missing tackles, blocking, sitting on the side line hurt.

There is no "I" in team. And I will be damned if you can lay all the blame on one person like you seem to think. I really hope you aren't a head hunter like this in real life or when you played organized sports.

Lets turn the page on the SLOP...
    Last edited by RamWraith; -12-03-2006 at 05:38 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

What, we're back to this stuff again?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I don't know David. You sure place a lot of blame on one person. Maybe we can change your S.L.O.P anagram to S.old L.inehan O.ut P.arty

As many would say about Martz. He isn't the one out dropping the balls, missing tackles, blocking, sitting on the side line hurt.

There is no "I" in team. And I will be damned if you can lay all the blame on one person like you seem to think. I really hope you aren't a head hunter like this in real life or when you played organized sports.

thats part of the deal when you sign the contract for big head coach dollars,when things go bad you take the blame,right or wrong,thats the way it is,but i don't think he's ready for the beatdown he's about to take.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post

Agreed, let's turn the page.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

SLOP isn't going away. This team should not be this bad. There is too much talent for them to be blown out at home by a 2-9 team.

Interesting that nobody has given a reason why they like Linehan. Does anyone have one?

Ramanator is offline Registered User

Extreme meltdown today by entire team, coaches included. I find it impossible to believe that this team can play this bad this consistently. Outside of Holt's huge, momentum turning drop, the main culprit was the horrific front 4. My god, Lineart looked like the second coming of Jared Washington, you remember him from the Ft. Dix squad. Have to agree, even with the alleged lack of talent, there isn't much Linehan does to instill confidence to the loyal followers of this schlock product. Where is Haslett's talent in all this mess, gotta do something to mask the obvious weak spots. Remember this was the 2-8, now3-8 Cards. Jeez!

stlramman is offline Registered User

man i hate to have knee-jerk reactions but no i cant think of a reason.this team seems to be getting worse every week,they have no fire & IMO that falls on the head coach.linehan has bulger reminding me of joey harrington w/ the lions checking the ball down to SJ all the time.no i didnt expect to have a great season but thought they would get better as the season went along.the 4-1 start was probably the worst thing that could happen for us fans,it raised our expectations too high.im not happy with this team or the moves they have made.i realized it would take more than 1 off-season to fix the defense but thought we had a offense to help us compete,but our o is getting worse,playcalling is questionable and we hired him supposedly because of his offensive prowess.why did we waste 2 draft picks on tight ends if we are not going to use them? i could go on & on but .........:\

Varg6 is online now Registered User

yeah agreed. We can't blame the loss on Linehan, especially when he didn't do the offensive play-calling. There is no one to blame except the entire team. Without the proper chemistry, we won't win games.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Still, nobody can tell me what they like about Linehan.

I'll tell you what, if one person can give me one compelling quality that Linehan has displayed, I'll bury SLOP forever.

Anyone?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Still, nobody can tell me what they like about Linehan.

I'll tell you what, if one person can give me one compelling quality that Linehan has displayed, I'll bury SLOP forever.

Anyone?
    He's NOT Art Shell.

But, we still need SLOP.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -12-03-2006 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added somethign...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast