RamWraith is offline Registered User

Chat with Rams' RB Steven Jackson

Welcome to The Show! On Friday, St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson will stop by to talk NFL.
    Jackson's Rams are off to a 4-2 start, heading into Week 7's bye week. The Rams are tied with Seattle for tops in the NFC West, one-half game behind the Seahawks and their 4-1 record.

The third-year player out of Oregon State leads the team with 521 rushing yards (second in the NFL), scoring the team's only two rushing TDs. He ran for 56 yards on 20 carries and a TD to go with seven catches for 40 yards in Week 6's 30-28 nailbiting loss to Seattle.

Jackson's best game this year came in the first game, when he rushed for 121 yards on 22 carries when the Rams upset the Broncos 18-10.

Send your questions now and join Steven in The Show on Friday at 1:15 p.m. ET!

Buzzmaster: Steven's here! Let's get started!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Adam: Newtown, CT: Do you think that the Rams have a reasonable shot at making the playoffs?

Steven Jackson: Yes I do. I think we have a tough defense, spectacular offense and solid special teams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sean (Washington D.C): Your game is really elevating right now, and I am curious from your point of view: What aspect of your running/receiving game that you are working on to improve your game? Thanks.

Steven Jackson: Running wise, I would like to improve my goal line running. Receiving wise, I would like to be crisper on my routes, like Tory. I like to do my route running after him.

saint louis missouri: dude ur on my fantasy team.. can we step up with the touch downs??? haha

Steven Jackson: I want touchdowns too!

Bill (Portland, Or): Steven - congrats on a great season so far, both personally and for your team. I think you guys really shows that "you're back" last week against Seattle. Why such an improvement over last year - is it Linehan, a few new faces...?

Steven Jackson: I think it's a comination of Linehan and some new players. But more importantly, it's the chemistry between the players.

Skillz- Rahway: What running back does your skill set most compare to?

Steven Jackson: I'm going to go with Bo Jackson.

Cheryl ( Brookings, Oregon): Use to watch you play at OSU courtesy of Dwight Wright. You were amazingly awesome..Do you have any regrets about not finishing college?

Steven Jackson: No, I don't. I'm going to finish my education. But I would like to be able to help out sometimes with some of the wins at OSU.

Steve, Las Vegas: Tell us about the charity event that the Steven Jackson Foundation is holding in Las Vegas this February. I hear you might be walking the catwalk! Can I find more infor about it on your website www.39stevenjackson.com?

Steven Jackson: Yes, you can find out more on my website, but the charity is dealing with children literacy and helping raise money for out of school programs and preparing kids for college.

Matt: Are you rooting for the Cardinals to win the World Series?

Steven Jackson: Yes I am. I'm a big Pujols fan. I'm going to have my red and white on all week.

Daniel (CT): I'm in the market for a slammin' watch .. you got one you wanna sell?

Steven Jackson: I have a watch with no minute hand if you want one.

Gavin NY, NY: Hey Steven, been a fan since you were running for the beavers! Could you talk a little about how difficult it was to learn Mad Mike (Martz's) playbook? I've heard its the largest in the league!

Steven Jackson: Yeah, it was pretty difficult to learn. It took me about 8-9 weeks into my rookie season to get it down. It has a lot of motions in the formations.

Anthony (NYC): What up Stevie, Out of all the new rb in the NFL recently in my opinion your a phenom. You see the hole, hit the hole,& your out. Who was your favorite rb, while growing up.

Steven Jackson: I have a lot. Walter Payton, Bo Jackson, Ricky Williams, Edgerrin James.

Kevin Mason, Ohio: What do you think the rams have done to improve this season? You are my favorite player.

Steven Jackson: I think we had some key free agent pickups on defense. The hiring of Coach Linehan and Coach Haslett helps.

Ken (Houston): Assuming you didn't play for the Rams, what would be the one team you'd want to play for right now?

Steven Jackson: The St. Louis Cardinals.

Ken (Houston): Why do you think all those teams passed you up in the draft?

Steven Jackson: Bad recruiting personnell.

NITTI (SI,NY): In my opinion, i see you as a top 5 back in this league for years to come. How has Marshall Faulk influenced you in your time with him? Do you play Madden Games, online or off, if so, do you use the Rams?

Steven Jackson: When I do have time, I do play a little Madden. I do play with the Rams, offline. Marshall had helped me with my preparation througout the week, breaking down film.

Brad (OH): Steven, who is the biggest clown,joker, on your team?

Steven Jackson: It was Tony Hargrove, but he just got traded to Buffalo.

steve, vegas: I heard you have extra motivation for scoring TD's because you are donating $1,000 per TD to The Steven Jackson Foundation. Tell us about that.

Steven Jackson: Yes. I'm donatiing $1,000 per TD and we have a couple of sponsors matching me in the St. Louis and Las Vegas communities for after school programs for children.

Mark (Branson, MO): Would you ever think about cutting your hair?

Steven Jackson: Yes, when I retire.

Kugler: Byram,NJ: Do u think Marc Bulger can win the MVP award? Why?

Steven Jackson: If he stays on this track and we continue winning, I think so.

Lou, Los Angeles: You think you will make the Pro Bowl this season? I think you have been the most complete back in the league this year, leading the league in yards-from scrimmage.

Steven Jackson: Yes. I make a priority to try and be a complete back in this league. The demand of being on the field has risen over the past several years.

Jamaal (Mt. Laurel, NJ): Which defensive formation is would you rather face,....a 4-3 or a 3-4?

Steven Jackson: 4-3. 3-4 allows for the LBs to flow and run at the ball carrier pretty freely. So, I'd rather face the 4-3.

Joe (Syracuse): Steven If the NFL were ever to put a team in Vegas, what should their nickname be? (Assume the league office would frown at the name 'Gamblers').

Steven Jackson: Vegas Mobsters.

Hab (Maine): Hi Steven, I have had you on my fantasy team two years in a row as a first or second round pick. I will take yu again next year if I have the chance. What do you do in your bye week?

Steven Jackson: I get a lot of traveling in. And I try to get some relaxation also.

Jamaal (Mt Laurel, NJ ): Which defense would you most dread having to face currently in the NFL?

Steven Jackson: Baltimore Ravens.

Neil (Denver, Co): Steven, do you have any pregame rituals that you are superstitious about. Thanks, and good luck the rest of the season.

Steven Jackson: I always change my mouth piece from the week before.

Jason (Cleveland, OH): If someone tackled you by your hair would you consider that a bia bia move or just part of the game?

Steven Jackson: Part of the game.

Paul (Portland, OR): Hi Steven. Were you able to see Tory Holt's catch last week? Though I was rooting for the Seahawks (sorry!) I jumped up from my seat and yelled, "What a catch!".

Steven Jackson: I was able to see the catch. I thought the same thing. What a catch. I also thought the game was over.

Joe K. (Auburn, MA): Best video game RB ever: you, Tecmo Bo Jackson or Michael Vick?

Steven Jackson: Tecmo Bo Jackson.

Kevin (Sacramento): What defender would you say is the hardest hitter in the league?

Steven Jackson: I would say Adrian Wilson from the Arizona Cardinals.

Emil, Princeton NJ and Aarhus Denmark : What´s your favorate NFL, MLB team, if any? Your the best Steven!

Steven Jackson: Cardinals and the Rams.

Josh (Irvine, CA): Hi Steven, HUGE RAMS FAN HERE! Thanks for the excellent season thus far! How do you feel about the direction of the team under new head coach Scott Linehan? Good Luck the Rest of the Season!

Steven Jackson: I think we're headed in the right direction. We just have to get some guys back healthy. I think we can make a pretty good push into the playoffs.

John, San Diego: I am seeing you everywhere this season! You are getting it done on and off-the-field. Congrats on a great season to this point. You will be my fantasy keeper for years!

Steven Jackson: Why thank you.

Matt, Ohio: STEVEN: You're the man. What type of music is on your IPod?

Steven Jackson: I have everything from Maroon 5 to Li'l Wang.

dave (somers,ny): whats your opinion on T.0? superstar or baby?

Steven Jackson: I think he's a superstar. He just has some bad mishaps.

Kevin (Sacramento): Who is the strongest player on the Rams?

Steven Jackson: Chris Massey, the long snapper.

Allan: Beyonce or J-Lo?

Steven Jackson: Beyonce.

C-LO: Tupac or Biggie?

Steven Jackson: Tupac.

Steven Jackson: I'm a West Coast guy.

Sonny (Las Vegas,NV): Steven. I am from Hawaii and now we call Vegas the 9th Island. When and how often do you come back to Vegas so us fans of the Rams can get to meet you?

Steven Jackson: I'm actually coming back on my bye week. I get back home a lot during the offseason.

J.R. (Las Vegas): I know you have been in the league 2 years now, and you haven't gotten a victory over the ***** yet. Is that the one team you want to defeat this season?

Steven Jackson: Absolutely.

Timo: Do you like Action Jackson or do you have another nickname you like better?

Steven Jackson: I've always been Action Jackson, but I wonder what's ''Timo''?

Chris Ryan: You are the man .. do you get recognized on the street a lot? Do you mind when people ask for autographs?

Steven Jackson: No, I don't mind giving out autographs. But I do get recognized in St. Louis quite a bit.

Jackson Fan: Is it more to juke a defender out and break his ankles or plow right over him?

Steven Jackson: For a game-winner, run a guy over. But in open field, juke a guy.

Ricky Hosler: you were in high school when the rams won the super bowl....what was your favorite memory from that year?

Steven Jackson: Maybe getting my first car, a Honda Passport.

Jason (Cleveland, OH): If EA Sports asked you to be on the cover of Madden 08 would you do it, even despite the Madden Curse?

Steven Jackson: No!

Joe K. (Marlton, NJ): St. Louis Cardinals? Did you play baseball in high school / college? Would you have enjoyed being part of the Red Sox - Yankees rivalry? What side would you take?

Steven Jackson: Actually, I didn't play baseball at all, I ran track in the spring.

Timo: You'd have to ask my mom.

Steven Jackson: OK

Edgar {Los Angeles, CA} : Steven, all I have to say is you guy's rock. Can't wait to see you guys in San Diego. Do you think that if everybody stays healthy, this would be your year?

Steven Jackson: I truely believe so.

Julie (OKC): You seem like a cool guy .. are you married? Wanna be?

Steven Jackson: I do wanna be. I'm in pursuit of it at this moment.

Adam, England: Would you like to be part of a regular season game at the new Wembley stadium, if the owners agree to institutionalising international games overseas?

Steven Jackson: As long as we don't have to travel until the day before, I would love to.

Steven Jackson: Thanks for your time and vote for me for the Pro Bowl.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Chat with Rams' RB Steven Jackson

I thought it was interesting that Marshall Faulk wasn't listed as one of his favorite backs. Also like the fact that he refers to team chemistry as a big part of the teams success so far.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Re: Chat with Rams' RB Steven Jackson

Ken (Houston): Why do you think all those teams passed you up in the draft?

Steven Jackson: Bad recruiting personnell.

Great quote.