Chat with Rams WR/KR Danny Amendola

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CTWR/KR Danny Amendola
WR/KR Danny Amendola stopped by for a live chat Thursday, August 19 at 6:00pm CT.

WR/KR Danny Amendola, Stlouisrams.com
What's up Rams fans? Let's get it going. Ameren UE have given you an opportunity to win some free tickets throughout the season. Look above for the details.
Darren, San Diego
6:09 PM CT
Hi Danny, I know I speak for a lot of fans when I say that we've been impressed with the grit and determination you've brought to the team. My question is that from the outside looking in, it seems that there are a number of receivers competing in camp that are similar, and that there has not been a real #1 or even #2 that has emerged. What are your thoughts on that and who do you expect to emerge (with yourself being the slot of course)?

Well, we have a lot of young guys ready to emerge. Some with more experience than others. But all are ready to play on Sundays.
carlos rodriguez, montebello california
6:10 PM CT
Danny: How would you rate yourself as a wide receiver? Have you learned any new techniques over the two years you have been with the Rams?

Definitely I have learned a lot in this offseason and OTAs. I can't give myself a rating but I'm consistently working hard and trying to get better every day.
Benjy Goldberg, Highland Park, New Jersey
6:11 PM CT
hey danny, how do you think the teams wide reciever core compares to the rest of the league and what are your personal goals for the season

I think we compare well. We definitely have a lot of role players that feed off one another and the daily competition makes us all better. My personal goal is to do whatever possible to help the team win games.
Evan, Lubbock
6:13 PM CT
Are you excited for Texas Tech's upcoming season under Tommy Tuberville?

What's up in Lubbock? Of course I'm excited anytime Tech takes the field. I'll definitely be keeping track of how they do.
Neal, Lubbock, Texas
6:14 PM CT
Danny, congratulations on your continued success. I know I speak for Red Raider Nation when I say that we're all excited about you and the Rams. What do you think of Tech's new head coach, Tommy Tuberville, and have you had a chance to meet or talk with him yet?

Thank you. I'm very excited for the upcoming season. I have not met Coach Tuberville but I have met a number of the other coaches. I trained in Lubbock for a couple of weeks in the offseason with some former players.
Paul Murphy, Cork, Ireland
6:16 PM CT
Have you any pre-match rituals or superstitions?

No Green Street Hooligans for me. But I go through an undisciplined routine, not necessarily any superstitions.
Tyler, Texas
6:17 PM CT
Whats your favorite thing/things to do in your off time?

Right now, rest and sleep. But in the offseason I like to travel, hang out with friends, fish, just normal stuff.
Shelley Gammage, Plainview, Texas
6:19 PM CT
Have you seen Potts and Sheffield practice and do you have a favorite of the two for the TT qb position?

Yeah, I ran routes for both of them in the offseason. I can't pick one. Both are great quarterbacks.
Paul Pilat, St. Louis
6:20 PM CT
Hi Danny, first of all good luck to you in the upcoming season. My question is how do u see the O-Line coming together, and are they better than last years? Do they seem to be gelling together in training camp? Also, what are you and the team doing to keep yourselves healthy so that u can avoid injury?

Thanks for the luck. The O line is looking good in camp and has been since OTAs. Health is the key for those guys. We have a good training staff that constantly monitors our health.
eric smith, brockton mass
6:21 PM CT
U Wanna Go out For Beers Next Week?

What's up, cousin? Only with you but you gotta come to Providence! I'll text you later.
Scott, San Antonio, TX
6:22 PM CT
What's more exciting for you, returning a long kick, or catching a long pass?

Whichever one results in a touchdown. But both are fun and helpful.
Keilers, Plano
6:23 PM CT
Danny, we're so excited that another Tech WR is doing so well in the NFL. Do you think any of the WRs on the Tech roster will make the jump one day like you, Crabtree, and Welker have done?

Tech usually has talented receivers capable of playing at the next level. Usually they are hated on because of the system but once they get acclimated to the NFL style they can progress. I hope to see more in the league soon.
John , Chicago
6:24 PM CT
DO YOU FEEL MARDY GILYARD AS A THREAT TO YOU MAKING THE FINAL ROSTER, OR BEING THE SLOT RECIEVER/ RETURN MAN

I'm just worried about fulfilling my role on this team. I'll leave the decisions up to the coaches.
SoCalRamsFan, Norco, CA
6:25 PM CT
Is Bradford as accurate as they say he is? I mean you are hands on - so I want to hear what you think of him. I'm very excited about this year.

He really is as advertised. He's very collected and commands the huddle like an experienced vet.
Jarrett McCarthy, Burlington WI
6:27 PM CT
Hello Danny, when you guys are out practicing, who is the one guy that you never want to be matched up against?

I wouldn't like to block Chris Long when he's pass rushing. Me and Justin King have had some good battles and it's not easy blocking James Laurinaitis. He's a beast.
Curtis, Wichita
6:30 PM CT
What's your favorite route to run?

Options routes. It gives me the ability to read the defense and take advantage of their coverage scheme.
SDG,
6:33 PM CT
Is it time for the chat?

I was waitin' on you, man.
Shelley, Texas
6:34 PM CT
Other than football, what is your favorite sport to play or watch?

I like to attend all live sporting events. Sometimes it gets hard watching something like baseball on TV. But I like the atmosphere of a live event.
, Yuma
6:35 PM CT
What goes through your mind while the ball is in the air during a punt?

I am just trying to judge whether or not to fair catch it depending on how fast they get down the field. And then getting ready to try to read blocks.
Mr. Lacey, The Woodlands Texas
6:36 PM CT
Been watching you do what you do for years. Hope to see you really get after it this year,all the best for you and the Rams this year.Jack's dad....

Thanks, Mr. Lacey. Tell Jack I said what's up.
James, Charlotte, NC
6:38 PM CT
Danny, What's the best advice you have for a high school reciever on how to get better and how to deal with the recruiting process? Thanks and Go Rams!

Constantly work on your speed and route running. College coaches like players who make plays and have a knack for the game. Work on things that you need to improve on the most first and your overall game will improve. Good luck.
Curtis Wampler, Wichita, KS
6:40 PM CT
Love that your throttle is always on 'full'. What do you do to keep your motor running like that all the time? Do you feel like your attitude is influencing any other players?

I guess it's my love for the game that keeps me going. Hopefully it rubs off on my teammates.
Drew, Dallas, TX
6:42 PM CT
More annoying: UT Fans or Sam Bradford's face?

Although both are repulsive, they all have way more money than me but I'm beginning to warm up to Bradford's spiral. Any Texas fans that like the Rams are obviously not included in this.
Peter Dunbar, Davenport FL / Glover VT
6:44 PM CT
Who would you consider your favorite NFL WR of all time?

Wayne Chrebet. I had his poster on my wall growing up.

Thanks for all the support. Had fun with the chat. Looking forward to a successful season. Go Rams.