Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Chatter in the DC area

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    Fair enough. However, the Rams defense is on the field a lot more. That affords him the opportunity.
    According to Pro Football Reference, the 2007 and 2008 Rams defenses were on the field for a combined 1,974 plays. The 2007 and 2008 Redskins defenses were on the field for a combined 1,959 plays.

So the Rams' defenses over the last two years were on the field for only 15 more plays than the Redskins' defenses of the same seasons. I wouldn't think fifteen additional plays over two years is significant enough to explain the differences in their numbers. I certainly wouldn't characterize that as being on the field a lot more.

The Redskins D has also been taught to hit hard first, go after the ball second introduced by Gregg Williams carried over by Blache. There are several clips from the 'Boys and Giants on the sidelines say "try and throw away from 30 (landry)" Other teams are game planning around him.

I guess its fair to say Atogwe is more proven. But I think Landry has more big play potential and has come up BIG on several occasions for us.
    All right, let's operate under the idea that Landry's priority is tackling. Even if that's the case, his tackle numbers over the last two years are equal to Atogwe's. So it's not as if he's tackling more at the expense of creating turnovers. Atogwe is making just as many tackles, yet has picked off eleven more passes and has forced four more fumbles over the last two years.

It's understandable that teams are trying to throw away from Landry. He's a talented player. But do you believe teams are throwing towards Atogwe? That doesn't make much sense, given OJ's propensity to make plays over the last two years. That's exactly the kind of guy I'd want to throw away from, but somehow he still ends up creating turnovers.

So over the last two seasons, Atogwe's been as productive a tackler as Landry has, has been as efficient at breaking up passes as Landry has, but has created fifteen more turnovers.

At what point do we conclude that Atogwe has done most everything Landry has done over the last two years and then some? At what point do we acknowledge that Atogwe is better at creating big plays in the form of turnovers? Is professing Atogwe's talent still a sign of bias, or can we agree that the numbers actually make a strong case for his ability?

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vooskin View Post
    The Pete Kendal caught a tipped ball(guard) tried to run fumbled it and the rams returned it for a td.

The rams didn't score an offensive touchdown. Was 4 fieldgoals, 2 off of turnovers and a defensive touchdown.
    a
    You still lost to a Team who was 2 and 12 last season. And you make like you gave us our loss?

We took it from you guys. When our offense needed to score we scored. Umm, offense needs to get in range to score feild goals right? Donnie Avery made a catch at the end to give us the boot.

What you don't think we didn't have our mistakes too?

Richie Incognito got a Personal Foul Penalty, to make us boot a 49 yard field goal, instead of a 29 yarder. If brown missed we lose to you guys, and you wouldn't be pleading your case on our blog.

We had our mistake's also. a win is a win Sir. No matter how one it is attained. unless you cheat. Don't forget the fact that we had 17+ injuries before we even went in that game against you last season.

And i still love London Fletcher, getting rid of him was the worst move rams did in a long time, since appointing Linehan. But it probably doesn't matter, we probably wouldn't have him anymore anyway.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -09-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Vooskin is offline Registered User

Landry gets alot of tipped balls. In fact Deangelo Hall had an interception last week against the giants that would never have been if it wasnt for landry making a play. Hall even said he was beat in post game and landry came from behind and swatted the ball which led to halls int.

Landry also has two more ints in playoff games then atogwe has =) His rookie season will show he had no ints but he had 2 in the wildcard game.

Biggest thing you need to understand is how far back we play Landry, how we used him. The man is a minimum of 20 sometimes 30 yards away from the line of scrimmage. He was drafted as a strong safety to compliment Sean Taylor. That said hes not slow one bit, he ran the exact same 40 as Calvin Johnson at the combine (4.35)

Teams dont throw on us deep. The reason is because we dont really allow it. We force you to take the underneath and put together drives. While this is great it makes it hard for our secondary especially landry to get pics. Our defense revolves around shutting down the run and giving you the underneath.

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch View Post
    yea OJ is better fool.

Landry - 65 tackles 11 passes deflected 2 Int.

OJ - 85 tackles 5 passes deflected 5 interceptions.

the stats don't lie man. Back up your stuff before you reck yourself on threads.
    How many more times was OJ on the field than Landry? Stats don't tell the whole story.

Nnamdi Asomugha is by far the best CB in the league but yet he only had 1 int last year. Why? Because they throw away from him. Like I said before, there is actual footage of good teams planning on the sidelines to NOT throw towards Landry.

You are the one making yourself look like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    According to Pro Football Reference, the 2007 and 2008 Rams defenses were on the field for a combined 1,974 plays. The 2007 and 2008 Redskins defenses were on the field for a combined 1,959 plays.

So the Rams' defenses over the last two years were on the field for only 15 more plays than the Redskins' defenses of the same seasons. I wouldn't think fifteen additional plays over two years is significant enough to explain the differences in their numbers. I certainly wouldn't characterize that as being on the field a lot more.
    Tell em how we roll Nick. This is rams turf.

You still lost to a Team who was 2 and 12 last season. And you make like you gave us our loss?

We took it from you guys. When our offense needed to score we scored. Donnie Avery made a catch at the end to give us the boot.

What you don't think we had our mistakes too?

Richie Incognito got a Personal Foul Penalty, to make us boot a 49 yard field goal, instead of a 29 yarder. If brown missed we lose to you guys, and you wouldn't be pleading your case on our blog.

We had our mistake's also. a win is a win Sir. No matter how its one. unless you cheat. Don't forget the fact that we had 17+ injuries before we even went in that game against you last season.

And i still love London Fletcher, getting rid of him was the worst move rams did in a long time. But it probably doesn't matter, we probrably wouldn't have him anymore anyway.
    If you truly think the Rams took the game, then you are blind. I guess you would say the Pats took the game away from the Bills then too?

Vooskin is offline Registered User

We took it from you guys. When our offense needed to score we scored. Donnie Avery made a catch at the end to give us the boot.

What you don't think we had our mistakes too?

We had our mistake's also. a win is a win Sir. No matter how its one. unless you cheat. Don't forget the fact that we had 17+ injuries before we even went in that game against you last season.

And i still love London Fletcher, getting rid of him was the worst move rams did in a long time. But it probably doesn't matter, we probrably wouldn't have him anymore anyway.
    What I was trying to convey was that your offense couldn't move the ball one bit against our defense and our defense has only gotten better this year. We had a FLUKE turnover for TD. Seriously how often does a guard catch a tipped pass, run with it then fumble for an 85 yard defensive td. We literally had 3 turnovers, two of them terrible turnovers that, and the cooley one, in the redzone.

Again understand this. 48yard pass play at the end of the game to setup the fieldgoal. 200 total yards in the game, thats about 152 yards in 58mins or roughly 38 yards a quarter before the big play.

You guys beat us and a win is a win. There is no denying it and all my friends and other fans as well still laugh at me and make fun of the skins because they lost to the rams. That said if you watched the game it was clear the skins had no problem moving up or down the field nor did they have a problem shutting down your O, but your team made key turnovers and that was the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

All right, let's operate under the idea that Landry's priority is tackling. Even if that's the case, his tackle numbers over the last two years are equal to Atogwe's. So it's not as if he's tackling more at the expense of creating turnovers. Atogwe is making just as many tackles, yet has picked off eleven more passes and has forced four more fumbles over the last two years.

It's understandable that teams are trying to throw away from Landry. He's a talented player. But do you believe teams are throwing towards Atogwe? That doesn't make much sense, given OJ's propensity to make plays over the last two years. That's exactly the kind of guy I'd want to throw away from, but somehow he still ends up creating turnovers.

So over the last two seasons, Atogwe's been as productive a tackler as Landry has, has been as efficient at breaking up passes as Landry has, but has created fifteen more turnovers.

At what point do we conclude that Atogwe has done most everything Landry has done over the last two years and then some? At what point do we acknowledge that Atogwe is better at creating big plays in the form of turnovers? Is professing Atogwe's talent still a sign of bias, or can we agree that the numbers actually make a strong case for his ability?
    That was my own misconception.

Now, I would also venture to say that teams are more willing to throw down field against the Rams considering the lack of talent in the backfield vs. the Redskins.

I'm not saying Atogwe is not a good player. His numbers ARE better than Landry. Like I pointed out about Nnamdi Asomugha, numbers don't tell the whole story and I feel by watching them that Landry is a superior athlete and has bigger play potential. Bias? Probably. But ask anyone around, they would probably agree.

By the way, great lookup on the stats. Keep those coming.

If you truly think the Rams took the game, then you are blind. I guess you would say the Pats took the game away from the Bills then too?
    I don't think anything but what I know, that you guys lost last season, and all you redskin fans are still bitter. We put the wack on Cambell many times man. I watched that game last season. I had to find a Rams bar to do it, you know how hard it is to find a rams bar in The most bandwagon town in the U.S.? I see more Patriot fans and Steeler fans here than anything else.

What i saw, was Cambell Being forced out of the pocket many times. Our Defensive scheme was different and we had some crazy blitz's on cambell.

Turnover's happen in the NFL. If you don't know that, well welcome to football. It's the ability for a team to capitilize on mistakes, that wins games.

We got 3 turnovers last game. But we got shut out because of inexperience. Our offense hasn't played together once until seattle.

So i suppose the Ravens Superbowl win was a fluke right? Because all the other teams made mistakes right, that the raven's never played good right?

You make me laugh.

Tell em how we roll Nick. This is rams turf.
    We? Seems like Nick brings by far more to the table than anyone else here.

I don't think anything but what I know, that you guys lost last season, and all you redskin fans are still bitter. We put the wack on Cambell many times man. I watched that game last season. I had to find a Rams bar to do it, you know how hard it is to find a rams bar in The most bandwagon town in the U.S.? I see more Patriot fans and Steeler fans here than anything else.

What i saw, was Cambell Being forced out of the pocket many times. Our Defensive scheme was different and we had some crazy blitz's on cambell.

Turnover's happen in the NFL. If you don't know that, well welcome to football. It's the ability for a team to capitilize on mistakes, that wins games.

We got 3 turnovers last game. But we got shut out because of inexperience. Our offense hasn't played together once until seattle.

So i suppose the Ravens Superbowl win was a fluke right? Because all the other teams made mistakes right, that the raven's never played good right?

You make me laugh.
    Obviously you aren't going to take me serious. But during this week, analysts and pundits have commented on last years game and most agree that the Rams snuck away with one. yes, the Rams won. They made the best of their opportunities when it counted. That what seperates good teams from bad ones. But the Rams were and are a bad team. The Redskins clearly outplayed them that day.

I'm not talking about last year anymore. I'm more than over it. Both teams didn't make it to the post season and both finished last.

We? Seems like Nick brings by far more to the table than anyone else here.
    And what you bring to the table is lack of fact's. I backed my stuff up with stat's I just confirmed it exactly and saw that me and Nick said the exact same thing. Why do i need to re-post if someone said it better Than I. That's just being a belligerent fool, and myopic.

Who was the one who said " O.J is better than Landry?

Get facts before you speak.

And what you bring to the table is lack of fact's. I backed my stuff up with stat's I just confirmed it exactly and saw that me and Nick said the exact same thing. Why do i need to re-post if someone said it better Than I. That's just being belligerent.

Who was the one who said " O.J is better than Landry?

Get facts before you speak.
    That is hilarious. You are simplying relying on facts!!!

I bring more content to the table when I see fit. It is in my opinion based on several laid out comments I made why I think Landry is better. Nick was great in getting some strong facts as a rebuttle.

You will never here or read me rely on facts to support an argument. Thats what Nick did. He used facts to support his argument. Not just 1 is greater than 2 so A is better than B. Thats elementary. I could do that when I was 4

Obviously you aren't going to take me serious. But during this week, analysts and pundits have commented on last years game and most agree that the Rams snuck away with one. yes, the Rams won. They made the best of their opportunities when it counted. That what seperates good teams from bad ones. But the Rams were and are a bad team. The Redskins clearly outplayed them that day.

I'm not talking about last year anymore. I'm more than over it. Both teams didn't make it to the post season and both finished last.
    No Im hearing what your saying, your opinion's are just biased. Totally irregardless of factual stat.

You don't think analysts are biased also, just like me for the rams, and you for the skins. Oh i get it, what your saying is the analyst who also said the skins were going to run all over the rams out come being "25 -3 Redskins" last season are always right?

Analyst can say all they want, the rams are a rebuilding team. Until we prove ourselves of courst analysts will say what they will about the rams. They also said that we would still get run over by the cowboys last season as well. not sure what happened but i guess they were wrong again.

No Im hearing what your saying, your opinion's are just biased. Totally irregardless of factual stat.

You don't think analysts are biased also, just like me for the rams, and you for the skins. Oh i get it, what your saying is the analyst who also said the skins were going to run all over the rams out come being "25 -3 Redskins" last season are always right?

Analyst can say all they want, the rams are a rebuilding team. Until we prove ourselves of courst analysts will say what they will about the rams. They also said that we would still get run over by the cowboys last season as well. not sure what happened but i guess they were wrong again.
    I'm trying to simply use a source that would be much more unbiased.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast