Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Chatter in the DC area

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    With all due respect, I was at that game last year, and I didn't see either team particularly dominating. The Redskins' first score of that game came off a Rams fumble that was practically on their own goal line. Every other Redskins possession for the entire first 3 quarters ended in either a punt or a fumble. Is that what you call a dominating offense? The Rams didn't exactly dominate, either, considering we were unable to score an offensive touchdown, but the team did just enough to win. I'd expect a similarly close game this year.
    I agree neither offense dominated that game. The one big advantage that the rams had was a much better punter. The redskins punter left them with horrible field position for much of the game. We managed to move the ball enough to get a lot of field goals, but no tds with the offense. Not very impressive for either team.

I expect a similar game this year as well. I don't think we will see big numbers up on the score board.

Perhaps whichever defense steps up the most will be the key to this game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Going back to the original point of this thread. I have listened to a little bit of the radio shows and some are expecting a blowout. There are a lot of jokes being made about the Rams. I guess we are the funny now and no one expects a win out of team that loses 28-0 and has two wins from the season before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    Fair enough. However, the Rams defense is on the field a lot more. That affords him the opportunity.

This is just a myth.

If it were true then those of us who play fantasy football would load up defensive players from the Rams, Lions, Browns, and so on.

The fact is the best defensive players come from the better defensive teams in the league such as Titans, Steelers, and so on...

Of course you have exceptions to the rule such as Linebacker D. Ryan or on the other side of the ball wide reciever Calvin Johnson

That was my own misconception.

Now, I would also venture to say that teams are more willing to throw down field against the Rams considering the lack of talent in the backfield vs. the Redskins.

I'm not saying Atogwe is not a good player. His numbers ARE better than Landry. Like I pointed out about Nnamdi Asomugha, numbers don't tell the whole story and I feel by watching them that Landry is a superior athlete and has bigger play potential. Bias? Probably. But ask anyone around, they would probably agree.

By the way, great lookup on the stats. Keep those coming.
    Another misconception....

WHy exactly would you try to avoid Landry. What has he done to earn this kind of respect?

2 interceptions against Seattle. Not exactly enough to warrant the kind of respect you feel this guy should have. He is not a lock down shut down ball hawk. He is a good player but the picture your trying to paint is he's another Prime Time and teams are avoiding him. I live near DC and listen to your crappy 980 local station. Landry's name rarely comes up. The skins feel he is more than adequate as a anchor to the defense but he's no Sean Taylor.

The reason teams are not throwing at Landry maybe more of a result of who you got manning the other side of the field than the actual play of Landry. Teams are going to exploit your weakness and I believe we can all agree Landry is not the weak link on the defensive side of the ball.
    Landry is a good player but hands down OJ is recognize as one of the young elite safeties in the league.

By the way the last 4 Games the Rams have face the Skins and Cowgirls the Rams record is 4-0. I want to thank the NFC East for being so generous and giving us 4 wins...

Go Rams

Vooskin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    True, but we still had more of a pass rush than they did last season. Maybe Haynesworth changes all of that, but the Redskins haven't had a lot of luck historically when they've thrown money at their problems.

I wasn't really meaning to imply that we were better at linebacker than they are, just that there's not so much reason to think that they would dominate on both sides of the ball. Generally, I look at the Redskins' front seven and offensive line, and I see a lot of players who are either past their prime or who are not there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Another misconception....

WHy exactly would you try to avoid Landry. What has he done to earn this kind of respect?

2 interceptions against Seattle. Not exactly enough to warrant the kind of respect you feel this guy should have. He is not a lock down shut down ball hawk. He is a good player but the picture your trying to paint is he's another Prime Time and teams are avoiding him. I live near DC and listen to your crappy 980 local station. Landry's name rarely comes up. The skins feel he is more than adequate as a anchor to the defense but he's no Sean Taylor.

The reason teams are not throwing at Landry maybe more of a result of who you got manning the other side of the field than the actual play of Landry. Teams are going to exploit your weakness and I believe we can all agree Landry is not the weak link on the defensive side of the ball.
    Landry is a good player but hands down OJ is recognize as one of the young elite safeties in the league.

By the way the last 4 Games the Rams have face the Skins and Cowgirls the Rams record is 4-0. I want to thank the NFC East for being so generous and giving us 4 wins...

Go Rams
    I can't argue about Atogwe, heck the truth is with Landry that there is probably more hope that he becomes great then actual signs. He is good, undisciplined at times and he does play very far back limiting his opportunities to make plays. He definately is no Sean Taylor and considering ST's jersey is still one of the most popular you will see I think alot of fans just hope Landry can follow in his footsteps. But realistically no chance. Sean as a rookie was playing safety at 230 pounds yet could run stride for stride with the leagues best. Landry without any bias I do feel some disappointment.

I've always been a fan of the Dback position the most. Heck one year we had Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, and Deion Sanders at the CB position. From green, to bailey, to Sean Taylor I've been spoiled with great defensive backs. Carlos Rogers is a very good corner but he has NO HANDS. The man seriously cannot catch a cold. Thats the biggest reason behind Deangelo Hall signing. His coverage is good, I wouldnt call him a shutdown corner but he does make plays in the secondary which we sorely have lacked. Our corners typically play good coverage and are great in run support but the last thing on their mind is the turnover.

Just watched the Jim Zorn show. Zorn acknowledged that there is a new HC in St Louis and he is expecting improvements. They spent time talking about the Giants game last week, and Zorn explained cover 2 and tampa 2 defense. Zorn got to recall his first game against the redskins as a seahawk, not a good memory for him. They did a bit on George Allen who has history with both the rams and the redskins, and then broke out the win loss stats and rams and redskins history. The redskins have dominated in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

Go Rams
    Are you forgetting the last time we played the Rams before last year how we smoked them?

You sound pretty cocky for supporting such a poor team

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Are you forgetting the last time we played the Rams before last year how we smoked them?

Just because the Rams aren't great doesn't mean we should all be ashamed of our team and pray for the sky to fall on our heads.
    What the hell would be the point in following fooball at all, if we didn't stay positive about our team?!?!

American sports are all about the stats, at times it's more like a maths lesson than following a sport....Nah, I don't care too much for that, you can save all that for the end of season year book. It can be something for me to read whilst I'm waiting to go into bat when the cricket season starts next summer..

All I care about is Center snaps ball to QB, QB drops...makes a decision and tries to execute said decision, and vice versa for D#. The physicality of the acts themselves is where it's won. Just because it says somewhere that on every second Wednesday after an easterly breeze, but before a full moon and when they play anyone dressed in purple, the percentage of them catching this, or blocking that, increases by whatever it was they had for breakfast times 5.2 which will = the better team/player.

The physical act is all that matters when any athlete steps on the field. The combinations of speed, strength, and quickness all in a great big pot, and fighting against each other all game long. The end product of that 'brew', is what makes games and players great.

And no matter how poor the Rams 'recepie' is from time to time, and no matter how many times I get gut rot as a result of the utter dross they dish up.... After 26 years I'm not sorry to say that I still love eating at their restaurant, and I for one will never...EVER...be ashamed or too 'cocky' to say or do so...

Anyway, here's to a good game today. May the team who shows that they want it the most win. (Rams I hope...)

All the best form the UK..

Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -09-20-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Exactly what has your team done to make you so damn proud with entitlement in the last few years?

Are you talking about a preseason game or a game that happen in 2005?

Another Misconception. You may want to mix in some stats and some history so it will look like you know what your talking about.

Is this the game your talking about? Or was it the 2005 game which is more than a few years back.

FROM ESPN:

WAS (5-10) 31
    STL (7-8) 37
    Final

1:00 PM ET
    December 24, 2006
    Edward Jones Dome,
    St. Louis, MO

Jackson's TD run in OT lifts Rams over Redskins

STL (1-4) 19
    WAS (4-2) 17
    Final

1:00 PM ET
    October 12, 2008
    FedEx Field,
    Landover, MD

Rams dump Skins in Haslett's debut with 49-yard kick at end

SERIES HISTORY

The Redskins hold a 20-8-1 lead in their all-time series with the Rams, but have lost their last two meetings with St. Louis. Washington handed the Rams one of their two wins of the 2008 season with a 19-17 decision at FedEx Field in Week 6 of last season, and the Redskins were 37-31 overtime losers in the previous meeting, in Week 16 of the 2006 season at the Edward Jones Dome. Washington won the three previous meetings, including a 24-9 road win in 2005 and a 20-7 triumph in D.C. in 2002.

In addition to the regular season series, the teams have split four all-time postseason matchups. The then-Cleveland Rams defeated the Redskins for the 1945 NFL Championship, and the L.A. Rams took down Washington in a 1974 NFC Divisional Playoff. The Skins returned the favor by downing the Rams in a 1983 NFC Divisional Playoff and a 1986 NFC First-Round Playoff.
    Last edited by Dominating D; -09-20-2009 at 10:53 AM.

We have reason to feel good about this game. It is a new season. We had a good game against the redskins and even better against the cowboys last year. No reason not to be excited going in to this game as a Rams fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, unless the skins come out and light up the rams the second half it's a loss regardless. 3 times in redzone and 6 points =( Skins offense has got to be the worst in the nfl in the redzone. Its why detroit scored more points then us last year. I was hoping they would get that fixed this year but apparently they didnt.

I guess it's a good game so far, embarrassing really. Glad you guys are enjoying it and have hope.

This game is playing out almost exactly like it did last year except no defensive touchdown but instead an offensive td for your rams. Skins moving the ball up and down the field but cant convert. Fumbles in redzone =( :cry:

rofl skins just drove right down field and went three and out in the redzone again. I love my team.
    Last edited by Vooskin; -09-20-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Goodgame fellas. Glad you guys at least had a shot and had hope to the very end. Nice chatting with you all, take it easy and gl with the rest of your season.

Btw, Bulger can still play and Jackson is a beast. Karma is a.. and brown hopefully learned his lesson. You guys would actually have a shot at a decent season if your offensive line wasn't so bad. <3 avery
    Last edited by Vooskin; -09-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Vooskin View Post
    Btw, Bulger can still play and Jackson is a beast. Karma is a.. and brown hopefully learned his lesson. You guys would actually have a shot at a decent season if your offensive line wasn't so bad.
    Thanks for the pre-game discussion and the post-game sportsmanship, Voo. It's interesting to see an outsider's take on this team. You said what many Rams fans have been saying about this team, but some seem to have a different view. Good luck this season!

If it's any consolation, not that it should be but I;m sure a few bitter fans might take pride in this.

Our starting right guard got injured during game, dont have the details of the injury but apparently a teamate said hes out for the season.... So much for being an injury free game.. yay =( take it easy nick been fun.
    Last edited by Nick; -09-20-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: No links allowed

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast