throwback week

general counsel is offline Registered User

chaveous vs carter

why is carter on the field instead of carter on third and long? I guess haslett thinks carter is better in pass coverage, i just find that so hard to believe. Chaveous is hardly a run stuffer, he is supposed to be the qb on the defense. Carter is the worst tackler since the matador himself, rich coady.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: chaveous vs carter

I was under the impression Carter came in when Chavous moved up to cover slot receivers. Was that not the case today?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

Carter moved to Strong Safety when Corey Chavous moved to Free Safety.

I'd like to see a Secondary of CB Brown FS Chavous SS Carter CB Hill.

Carter missed a few tackles today but atleast he was around the ball, you think he's a bad tackler but don't you remember last week against Carolina when he made an open field tackle on Steve Smith? That very rarely happens for any defender to make an open field tackle on Smith.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i cant speak to the slot receiver issue nick, maybe i missed that. I can tell you that carter was on the field at the same time as oj, so i assumed chaveous was out.

How can ANYONE defend carters tackling after that debacle on third down today when sf threw underneath on 3rd and long and carter couldnt make the stop for the first down. A pure crappy tackle again. I have seen lousy tackling from him week after week. I dont care if brought down steve smith or anyone else on one great play in the open field, i am talking about all the misses, not the occasional nice play or the occasional int where the ball hits him in the hands.

I defer to the coaches, i am not a hypocrite in that regard, but i would personally love to see what bartell can do.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Last edited by general counsel; -11-26-2006 at 11:40 PM.

SFCRamFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I defer to the coaches, i am not a hypocrite in that regard, but i would personally love to see what bartell can do.
    I agree on Bartell. He seems to be the odd man out lately. I know that he is used, and is great, on special teams, but why don't we see him more on defense??

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Atogwe has played good enough to save his spot is why Bartell isn't getting more playing time.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Atogwe has played good enough to save his spot is why Bartell isn't getting more playing time.
    He's played better recently -- especially against the run -- but he was terrible earlier in the season. I'm not so sure this position is as settled as you seem to think it is. Just my two cents.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    He's played better recently -- especially against the run -- but he was terrible earlier in the season. I'm not so sure this position is as settled as you seem to think it is. Just my two cents.
    Not settled at all, he's playing just good enough to ensure his starting spot for now. I think he's played great the last 3-4 games though, much better than the 3-4 games prior to that.