Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs game

Phobia is offline Registered User

Chiefs game

Howdy, I'm a Chiefs fan and I run the Chiefs site at scout.com called Warpaint Illustrated. I'm not trying to make this thread spam, just let you know we have an active Chiefs forum if you're looking for discussion with Chiefs fans. Unfortunately the Rams site at scout blows so I'm looking for some insight into the game Sunday here.

You guys have a great site. I was a big Rams fan last Sunday. Obviously you guys think you can win at home, but how confident are you really?

Also, I've heard that you guys can't/don't tailgate for Rams games. I can't imagine that. I feel that tailgating is half the gameday experience at Arrowhead.

Re: Chiefs game

I fear I posted this in the wrong forum. Can I get a courtesy move from a mod, please?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Welcome Phobia. The Clan was on the scout board for a while, but we left and you are right, it blows now.

The Rams have played poorly in the last two games and I don't think anyone is feeling all too confident about the Chiefs game right now. It is at home, but we have not performed all that well at home this year.

There is a big area in front of the dome where you can drink out in the open and hang out and listen to a band. They brought a Clydesdale out for the last game and you could take pictures with him. There are also a lot of good bars and restaurants within walking distance if you prefer that. Apparently there is no spot for tailgating currently from what I have heard, but I have not missed tailgating when I have gone to the games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for your response. You should feel confident. The Chiefs barely beat the Cardinals on the road and got blown away by a crappy Steelers team on the road. The road has not been kind to KC.

Quite frankly I wouldn't attend if I couldn't tailgate beforehand.

airmech35 is offline Registered User

Should be a barn burner, with Rams offense winning at home. hopefully rams won't need overtime this time to beat another well coached Herman Edwards team. (rams - Jets Jan 2005). Rams defense needs to figure out how to avoid giving up big plays. It is frustrating to see them give up large yardage on 3rd downs. if defense makes some stops, rams can beat KC. On another note, I hope Rams pickup recently released Az-Zahir Hakim for ko and punt returns, they sorely need someone that can be a play maker on returns.

The Rams barely beat that same crappy Cardinals team. My confidence level for a win is not very high right now.

What is so great about tailgating? You want to cook your own food or throw the football around? What is it about tailgating that you need?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Howdy, I'm a Chiefs fan and I run the Chiefs site at scout.com called Warpaint Illustrated. I'm not trying to make this thread spam, just let you know we have an active Chiefs forum if you're looking for discussion with Chiefs fans. Unfortunately the Rams site at scout blows so I'm looking for some insight into the game Sunday here.

You guys have a great site. I was a big Rams fan last Sunday. Obviously you guys think you can win at home, but how confident are you really?

Also, I've heard that you guys can't/don't tailgate for Rams games. I can't imagine that. I feel that tailgating is half the gameday experience at Arrowhead.
    There are parking lots with plenty of tailgating going on. Also the big tent across the street from the front of the dome has a live band and some partying going on. There will be budweiser concessions all over the place.
    Very exciting environment for Rams fans and the oppositons fans.
    You can't help but have a good time.

:r

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    What is so great about tailgating? You want to cook your own food or throw the football around? What is it about tailgating that you need?
    Wow. Tailgating is so much more than that. It's a countdown to the kickoff. You're spending 4 hours before the game with your friends and the excitement slowly builds to a crescendo at kickoff. I can't do it justice with the written word, not even pictures or video can capture what tailgating is all about. You just have to experience if for yourself. Look me up the next time the Rams are at Arrowhead and you're invited to my tailgate to experience it for yourself.

Wow. Tailgating is so much more than that. It's a countdown to the kickoff. You're spending 4 hours before the game with your friends and the excitement slowly builds to a crescendo at kickoff. I can't do it justice with the written word, not even pictures or video can capture what tailgating is all about. You just have to experience if for yourself. Look me up the next time the Rams are at Arrowhead and you're invited to my tailgate to experience it for yourself.
    Just because I have not tailgated at the Ed does not mean that I have not tailgated before. My brother has season tickets for the Steelers and I have gotten up at 6am to go do some tailgating there.

I do like tailgating, don't get me wrong. Tailgating is full of experinces that last a lifetime. The beer is cheap, the porta poddies are nasty and they have long lines, keeping warm in the cold can be a challenge, throwing footballs without hitting cars seems impossible, lighting a charcoal grill can take hours, and it is always fun to find ways to open beer bottles without openers.

For my experiences at the Rams games, they are weekend long events, so a few hours of tailgating doesn't really compare. I am not a local in St Louis so I can't claim the normal experience that they get for every home game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

Welcome mr. phobia. We hear that you are as savy as lenny dawson, as mean as willie lanier, as tough as buck buchanon and have the same propensity for consumption of herring as jan stenerud.

I think the general mood of rams fans is that this week is time to dump or get off the pot. Are we a playoff team or just an improved quasi .500 team that can beat the crappy teams by forcing turnovers, but really cant stop the run or get within the same zip code as the qb on defense, thereby limiting the upside of the squad despite our prodigious weapons on offense.

We are MUCH better at home than on the road, as are the chiefs. I like our chances to win this game, but i dont think anyone is overwhelmed with confidence, given The LJ Train that is heading into to town and our matador run defense.

Ramming speed to you and yours

general counsel

tonyt1203 is offline Registered User

sort of off topic,but i live over in Jersey across the river from Philadelphia,those maniacs know how to tailgate !! they'll get started on saturday night and carry it over into sunday !!! and when the Rams come to Philly dont wear any Ram gear .like me , big mistake !! :x

That's not tailgating, Tony. Those guys just move the location of their cardboard box. One should be able to wear the opposing team's jersey in a stadium without fear of bodily harm or other attacks beyond some friendly verbal jabbing. This is the way we treat fans at Arrowhead. The only beatdowns with which I am familiar started because opposing fan ran his mouth beyond the normal allotted obnoxiousness level. Heh.

Just because I have not tailgated at the Ed does not mean that I have not tailgated before. My brother has season tickets for the Steelers and I have gotten up at 6am to go do some tailgating there.

I do like tailgating, don't get me wrong. Tailgating is full of experinces that last a lifetime. The beer is cheap, the porta poddies are nasty and they have long lines, keeping warm in the cold can be a challenge, throwing footballs without hitting cars seems impossible, lighting a charcoal grill can take hours, and it is always fun to find ways to open beer bottles without openers.

For my experiences at the Rams games, they are weekend long events, so a few hours of tailgating doesn't really compare. I am not a local in St Louis so I can't claim the normal experience that they get for every home game.
    I'm just sorry you haven't developed the appreciation for tailgating that I have. I'm not saying you're wrong. We all have different tastes. I have an affinity for tailgating at Arrowhead. You do not. You may like other things that I do not, such as watching boy bands on MTV. Not really my thing, but it's okay if you enjoy it. I can see how a person could quickly become attached to those snappy dance moves and pretty hair and costumes so I'm not really judging you.

I'm just sorry you haven't developed the appreciation for tailgating that I have. I'm not saying you're wrong. We all have different tastes. I have an affinity for tailgating at Arrowhead. You do not. You may like other things that I do not, such as watching boy bands on MTV. Not really my thing, but it's okay if you enjoy it. I can see how a person could quickly become attached to those snappy dance moves and pretty hair and costumes so I'm not really judging you.
    Maybe I am more open to different things than you seem to be.

Boy bands are good to watch. Do you have a boy band phobia? or perhaps you are questioning my masculinity.....hmmmm. Is that possible?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Maybe I am more open to different things than you seem to be.

Boy bands are good to watch. Do you have a boy band phobia? or perhaps you are questioning my masculinity.....hmmmm. Is that possible?

Yeah, you got that right. I'm questioning your masculinity. Just because you are the reigning king of FFL and kicked everybody's butt doesn't mean we can't challenge your manliness Mr. Blitz. Boy bands indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast