Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Chillar

  1. #1
    RamWraith's Avatar
    RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    61

    Chillar

    haven't heard much mention of Chillar. I believe he was taken out of last weeks game and replaced by Smith. I re-watched the game and never noticed him in there and saw Smith was playing a lot of downs in his spot? Anyone heard any news I haven't. I beat Smith starts this week or Chillar has a short rope.


  2. #2
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,396
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Chillar

    Alston isn't getting it done, (in practice anyway), or Has would have tried him.

    Maybe Chillar is getting it done, but we're just not seeing it, 'cuz it's his contain, or staying in his lane, or whatever, that's making WW and PT look good.

    Not knowledgeable enough to make the call.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  3. #3
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Chillar

    I saw Chillar in the Cards game and he seems to be doing his job as he has 8 tackles on the year so far.

    Here's the team list.

    1. Will Witherspoon STLOUIS 24
    2. O.J. Atogwe STLOUIS 16
    3. Fakhir Brown STLOUIS 11
    4. Leonard Little STLOUIS 11
    5. Travis Fisher STLOUIS 11
    6. Corey Chavous STLOUIS 10
    7. Brandon Chillar STLOUIS 8
    8. Pisa Tinoisamoa STLOUIS 8
    9. Victor Adeyanju STLOUIS 7
    10. La'Roi Glover STLOUIS 6
    11. Jerome Carter STLOUIS 4
    12. Jimmy Kennedy STLOUIS 4
    13. Anthony Hargrove STLOUIS 3
    14. Dexter Coakley STLOUIS 3
    15. Tye Hill STLOUIS 3
    16. Brandon Green STLOUIS 2
    17. Raonall Smith STLOUIS 2
    18. Claude Wroten STLOUIS 1
    19. Jason Fisk STLOUIS 1

    On a side note, Fisher has 11 tackles; maybe he's not as bad as wel thought. :x
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  4. #4
    lilant2398's Avatar
    lilant2398 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    st.louis
    Age
    26
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Chillar

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I saw Chillar in the Cards game and he seems to be doing his job as he has 8 tackles on the year so far.

    Here's the team list.

    1. Will Witherspoon STLOUIS 24
    2. O.J. Atogwe STLOUIS 16
    3. Fakhir Brown STLOUIS 11
    4. Leonard Little STLOUIS 11
    5. Travis Fisher STLOUIS 11
    6. Corey Chavous STLOUIS 10
    7. Brandon Chillar STLOUIS 8
    8. Pisa Tinoisamoa STLOUIS 8
    9. Victor Adeyanju STLOUIS 7
    10. La'Roi Glover STLOUIS 6
    11. Jerome Carter STLOUIS 4
    12. Jimmy Kennedy STLOUIS 4
    13. Anthony Hargrove STLOUIS 3
    14. Dexter Coakley STLOUIS 3
    15. Tye Hill STLOUIS 3
    16. Brandon Green STLOUIS 2
    17. Raonall Smith STLOUIS 2
    18. Claude Wroten STLOUIS 1
    19. Jason Fisk STLOUIS 1

    On a side note, Fisher has 11 tackles; maybe he's not as bad as wel thought. :x
    High tackle numbers for a cb isn't good at all unless they contribute in run support which fisher doesnt do. fisher gets all of his tackles down field when hes given up a big play

  5. #5
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Chillar

    Quote Originally Posted by lilant2398 View Post
    High tackle numbers for a cb isn't good at all unless they contribute in run support which fisher doesnt do. fisher gets all of his tackles down field when hes given up a big play
    Sarcasm;
    I would like to see Glover's and Kennedy's number go up.
    As for Chillar, he is doing ok; as long as Witherspoon and Pisa continue to make plays the LB's will be alright.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  6. #6
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Chillar

    also we were playing a lot of nickel packages becasue the cardinals came out with 3 wr packages... so they brought in hill and smith and took out chillar....

  7. #7
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Alton, Il. USA
    Age
    63
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Chillar

    Chillar is better in coverage than Smith, but in short yardage or running downs, they may use Smith more. It's like New England and others do when platooning guys to maximize their performance. The days of one starter going most of the game is gone at some positions, LB and DL especially.
    Barry Waller

  8. #8
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,643
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Chillar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Chillar is better in coverage than Smith, but in short yardage or running downs, they may use Smith more. It's like New England and others do when platooning guys to maximize their performance. The days of one starter going most of the game is gone at some positions, LB and DL especially.
    I believe you have that the wrong way round. Smith is the better coverage guy while Chillar is better against the run, at least that was what i was lead to believe

  9. #9
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Alton, Il. USA
    Age
    63
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Chillar

    Maybe. Smith is shorter than Chillar, but they both have two passes defensed in their careers, but Chillar has it in far fewer games than Smith.
    It could simply be a rotation situation, where they just each play in certain defensive sets regardless of situations.
    Barry Waller

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •