throwback week

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

With Chillar emerging, why not shift up the LB corps?

Now that Chillar is finally beginning to play at a higher level, I don't understand why it is not time to make some significant changes in the LB corp. Chillar is of course going to be the SLB, so why not move Witherspoon to WLB, and let Draft play MLB. Next Rams game you watch, take a good look at Witherspoon and Draft. Will is a decent sized guy, but he has great speed. Then take a look at Draft: he is a BEAST. He has some of the biggest arms I've ever seen on a linebacker. He is definitely the MLB type. Let Pisa come off the bench and spell whomever necessary: he'd be a great backup linebacker with his energy and tenacity. He's proven that he cannot last a whole season, so why not limit his snaps and let him be a playmaker ...

I think we'd be 15-20 yards a game better on rush defense by moving Draft to the middle ...

RamOfDenmark Guest

Re: With Chillar emerging, why not shift up the LB corps?

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, I for one would like to see that happen. Draft has played well from what I've seen this year, he consistently lays the BIG hits when he gets the chance, that's the kind of guy you need at MLB. Pisa might be better suited to coming off the bench and getting a few plays here and there instead of being a fulltime starter, he hasn't looked like a good investment since we gave him that contract extension unfortunately.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Infiniti.....that sounds like agreat suggestion. We clearly have not been capable of stopping the run yet. Against Tampa we looked awful as we gave up 3 TD's on the ground and against the ***** we gave Frank Gore plenty of yardage. If we can keep the run under control that would help our defense and possibly force more turnovers. The problem then becomes our offense which has had the worst play calling imagineable.

Let's hope the season is not lost yet. Go Rams!

elchiludo is offline Registered User

Anyone selling tickets for the geme on 11/25? I"m flying out to St.louis to watch the game?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

It's not that we haven't been effective against the run, it's just that our defense wears down. Wouldn't you be tired if you had to constantly deal with the offense's three and outs in the second half?