RamWraith is offline Registered User

Chip Living Up To His Word/Bernie

CHIP ROSENBLOOM IS LIVING UP TO HIS WORD: Post-Dispatch helmet head Jim Thomas reports that the Rams have added New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and NY Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo to their list of coaching candidates. They weren’t on the initial list because of the cost factor. (Why do I say that? You’ll just have to trust me on this one, but my sources in the agent industry told me that the Rams were hoping to spend somewhere between $2 million and $2.5 million a year on their new coach. That price wasn’t enough for some of the hot candidates to sit at the table, especially Spagnuolo.) But Rosenbloom is indeed following through on his stated vow to spend what it takes to find the next Rams coach, and GM Billy Devaney has been able to expand his search. Both McDaniels and Spanguolo are to be considered longshots for the STL job, but at least Devaney has the go sign to make a run.

2. KEEPING AN EYE ON THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Across the state, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt reportedly has landed a sitdown with coveted GM candidate Scott Pioli, who has been Bill Belichick’s personnel go-to guy in New England. It’s going to be interesting to see if Hunt can or will hire Pioli. And it will be interesting to see the reaction in St. Louis as the Rams and Chiefs engage in an informal competition to see who can rebuild faster and better. Who would you prefer to have in charge of such a project, Devaney or Pioli?

5. WHAT UP WITH … DAN DIERDORF: We had the big fella on our Team 1380 radio show Tuesday, and here are the notes scribbled on my napkin: he’ll be doing the Baltimore-Tennessee AFC divisional playoff game Saturday on CBS … DD was thrilled by the Cardinals’ win over Atlanta in the wild-card round, and but doesn’t like their chances of winning at the next stop, Carolina… in addition to having his own restaurant, Dierdorf and Hart’s at Westport, DD recently became a partner in the J. Buck’s restaurants in Clayton and downtown STL… as for being a consultant on the Rams’ coaching search, Dierdorf said his involvement has been overblown. He’ll provide advice and share information if Devaney asks, but so far Dierdorf said his role has been minimal.

Re: Chip Living Up To His Word/Bernie

DAN DIERDORF has minimal imput WOOT best news I have heard yet

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

What is this "WOOT" you speak of?

Something beyond the ken of mere Sassenach?

Or some arcane acronym; Witless Obnoxious Old Tackle?

itsguud is offline Registered User

Weird... Chip said money isn't an issue but yet my phone is silent still. Maybe they got the wrong number? I'll check again