Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Chip needs to step up NOW!

I would just like Chip to actually live up to his words and DO SOMETHING! He said there would be changes, and then has done nothing. Good. Bad. Indifferent. JUST DO SOMETHING! Let the fans know he is a man of action and honor and DO SOMETHING! Do not wait for the bye do it NOW! That way at least whoever is put in charge has some time to get working on things and have the bye week to get started.

Please Chip, I am begging you follow through! Live up to your spoken and printed word and ACT NOW! If nothing else prove you are a man of your word!

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: Chip needs to step up NOW!

He just made those comments. Only one game has been played and I don't think he laid out a time table. I don't think he'll make any changes until mid season at the earliest.

This season won't get better if Linehan is out. A new coach isn't going to make a difference that quickly. And an interim coach at that.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    He just made those comments. Only one game has been played and I don't think he laid out a time table. I don't think he'll make any changes until mid season at the earliest.

This season won't get better if Linehan is out. A new coach isn't going to make a difference that quickly. And an interim coach at that.
    I think you're way off base saying that. A new/interm coach has the potential to come in and motivate the players. That alone would make the Rams worth watching. I don't care now if they win or not, because I'd like to get the #1 pick, but I'd at least like to see my team trying hard out there.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

We're playing like a semi-pro team, so we should act like one.

First off, our play calling should make absolutely no sense to the situation(check!).

Second, Linehan needs to wrestle a bear at halftime. He's not doing anything in the locker room anyway, might as well get some use out of him.

Third... Third... ok, really, I just wanna see Linehan get mauled by a bear at halftime.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

No no, Chip is waiting for things to deteriorate before he acts. You just can't make a switch at this time and destroy the fine chemistry and fire this team has.

The biggest joke of all would be if Haslett was made headcoach instead of Linehan, that's going to be fantastic (if you're a masochist).

Famous last words on the Titanic: "Stay the course, stay the course".

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I think you're way off base saying that. A new/interm coach has the potential to come in and motivate the players. That alone would make the Rams worth watching. I don't care now if they win or not, because I'd like to get the #1 pick, but I'd at least like to see my team trying hard out there.
    Just my opinion, but I still think that bringing someone in (or switching to an interim) right now isn't going to do any good. If it were up to me, I'd wait till around mid season or a little later.

Going further, I would probably not bring in the next (non-interim) coach until after this year has ended. Sure, the interim could take over prior, but bringing in the next guy too early could cause some problems. He isn't going to be able to turn things around that quickly and it could have a negative side effect from not only the team but the fans and media.

I think Chip is going to change things up mid season with an interim. I support that.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    Just my opinion, but I still think that bringing someone in (or switching to an interim) right now isn't going to do any good. If it were up to me, I'd wait till around mid season or a little later.

Going further, I would probably not bring in the next (non-interim) coach until after this year has ended. Sure, the interim could take over prior, but bringing in the next guy too early could cause some problems. He isn't going to be able to turn things around that quickly and it could have a negative side effect from not only the team but the fans and media.

I think Chip is going to change things up mid season with an interim. I support that.
    Switching now or mid season? It doesn't matter. We're 0-3 this week. We'll be 0-4 next week and if we continue to play pee wee football we'll be 0-8 come mid season.

What is there to really lose? I'm sure the team respects Ellard. So let him take over until next season and move him back to the WR coach.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Switching now or mid season? It doesn't matter. We're 0-3 this week. We'll be 0-4 next week and if we continue to play pee wee football we'll be 0-8 come mid season.

What is there to really lose? I'm sure the team respects Ellard. So let him take over until next season and move him back to the WR coach.

You bring in Dick Vermeil as the interim coach, and I guarantee you that you would see a different effort from this team ...