Rambos is offline Registered User

Choppin’ It Up with Pisa

Choppin’ It Up with Pisa
    Monday, March 27, 2006
    By Pisa Tinoisamoa
    Special to Stlouisrams.com
    Archive

After a strenuous first week of off season conditioning, Pisa continued to work off the field last weekend, meeting the kids from the Rams Reader Team at Rams Park. We also got tired of looking at his mug on the web page, so he gave us a picture of his news addition, Mylie Rayne Tinoisamoa, born earlier this month.

Stlouisrams.com: How was your weekend?

PT: It was a great weekend. A little sore after the workouts, but it’s good.

Stlouisrams.com: I saw a lot of tired players last week. How did that first week of workouts go?

PT: Man, just like how you said. Work-out. It got all of the work out of me.

Stlouisrams.com: It seems like Coach Roll and Coach LeDuc are serious about having guys in the best shape for the mini-camps that are coming up.

PT: Yeah, and it all starts here. You are not going to have a chance if you cannot do it in the weight room, you are not going to last. Like you said, they are doing a great job bringing every one in. Everyone is showing up. We have about 90% turnout. Everybody is getting stronger, everyone is getting better and we are building that camaraderie.

Stlouisrams.com: I bet you that first week that a lot of guys were gassed. They will probably be in better shape this week.

PT: There are a couple of guys waking up late dreading it, like, ‘Dang, we have to do it again.’ It has started, but I think that is good that everyone is showing up because everyone is hurting. Everyone is feeling the same right now. No one wants to show up, but you have to because we have to get better. Everyone is committed to that same vision, that same goal.

Stlouisrams.com: Have the linebackers met with the defensive coaches to kind of get a feel of what is going to be happening this season?

PT: Definitely, we started meeting last week so when we go to mini-camp it won’t be a whole new thing and we won’t have to learn like rookies and freshmen. Some stuff is similar from last year, some stuff is different, but you can tell right off top that the linebackers are going to be the guys that are going to have to play ball and that everybody is going to have to react off of us. It’s good. You know the linebackers are sort of like the quarterbacks of the defense, so it should be on us anyway. It starts up front. The linebackers are only as good as the guys in front of us and the guys behind us. That’s why we got LaRoi Glover, Will Witherspoon, Corey Chavous and the other guys in here. We are going to feed off of each other.

Stlouisrams.com: So is the verbiage the same as last year?

Some of the verbiage is the same, but it’s kind of like the Bible. You have the New International Version, King James Version, New King James Version, all these different versions, but it is all the same Bible. The NFL runs the 3-4, 4-3, nickel, and dime. We all have different versions of it, but it all comes from the same book.

Stlouisrams.com: What about George Mason this weekend? I bet you didn’t have them winning in your bracket.

PT: Like I said, it’s always good to see the little guy do well.

Stlouisrams.com: You are probably going to hear it from Trev Faulk. The LSU men and women are still alive.

PT: Trev and Brandon Chillar. UCLA is still alive. He’s going to be looking for Isaac Bruce to talk about what they did to Memphis. We still have a lot guys representing.

Stlouisrams.com: You took part in the Rams Reader team this weekend. How was that?

PT: Man, it was awesome. Kids are so awesome. I just had a great time just interacting with them, and to see them work so hard and read so many books just to get a chance to come to Rams Park reminded me of me working hard just so I could get into this building. They were great and we had a good time.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-27-2006 at 07:49 PM.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: Choppin’ It Up with Pisa

Interesting insight on the conditioning. I could have done without the March madness stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I imagine they are trying to keep it fun and upbeat with some current topics. Pisa can pull in the kids and the adults. He is a happy, positive guy with a great attitude. They picked a good spokesman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

If any of you ever get a chance to go to a game or training camp or anywhere the Rams are going to be, you must do whatever it takes (short of violating the law or decency) to meet Pisa Tinoisamoa. He (with Dane Looker a close 2nd) has to be one of the nicest guys on the team. He appeared to actually enjoy meeting the fans. For some it appeared to just be "part of their contract", but he seemed to really like meeting fans.

I can't imagine a better character to wear the horns.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I agree HUb. We got to meet him after the Cardinal game and he was sweet. He posed for pictures with us and seemed very happy to talk to us and sign things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Terrific, UBlitz! :up: Would you please share the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Terrific, UBlitz! :up: Would you please share the pics?
    They have been posted up before, but I see now by looking at the Gallery, that there are no Bash 2003 pictures posted. Too bad. There were a lot of good ones that I don't have because I did not download them. I can post up the pictures that I have later on today.

Maybe we can get the others posted again. It was a fun time. We got to hang out with Howard Blazer and Barry Waller. I have some pics of the guys with some cheerleaders and some pictures of Pisa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]