Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Claiborne

Turboe is offline Registered User

Chris Claiborne

Hey ya'll Vikes fan here lurking. Nice site.

Just wondering what is going on with Chris Claiborne this year? Is everyone in ClanRam happy with him this year. I havent seen much Ram's footage so dont know how he has been doing. He was the one defection this offseason that I was sad to see go. I liked him.

ps not that it matter as I am just probably going to be here this week, but what am I doing wrong, why is my sig showing up as a URL in text instead of a picture?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Chris Claiborne

You can have him back if you would like, not that you have anything better. He was benched the last two games do to his ineffectivness, much like Harris for you.

Turboe is offline Registered User

Thats kind of what I thought, when I watch the highlights, I never see him. I didnt know if he was just nowhere near the highlight reel or what. I guess it is tough to get in teh highlight reel when you arent on the field.

Maybe we need to engineer a 1for1 trade of Claiborne for Napolean Harris, maybe a change of scenery might be good for both of them. Because right now the talk is that Harris might be outright released because we need a roster spot for a new punter for a few weeks since ours got hurt last week. How the mighty have fallen Harris was supposed to be the man when we got him in the Moss deal, and now he could be out on the street.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I guess it is tough to get in teh highlight reel when you arent on the field.
    Most people dont really seem to understand this. Seeing as how, Coakley and Claiborne weren't even on the field for nealy 60-70% of the defensive plays.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Most people don't seem to understand that if they were any good in certain situations they would stay on the field. Nor do most people seem to understand that they are not that good when they are on the field.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Most people don't seem to understand that if they were any good in certain situations they would stay on the field. Nor do most people seem to understand that they are not that good when they are on the field.
    Couldn't be further from the truth. When Claiborne has been in the game, he has played well. Take last week for example. He was the ONLY linebacker filling gaps Sunday.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

hez been ok but i thought hed be better
    why doesnt he get more PT????

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
    Couldn't be further from the truth. When Claiborne has been in the game, he has played well. Take last week for example. He was the ONLY linebacker filling gaps Sunday.
    Do you ever pay attention? The guy got benched for his stellar performance at his part-time job.

I suppose they just benched him out of spite?

So, do you consider him a top flight LB?

I said he was not that good. How is that so far from the truth? He is lower tier among his peers.

The freaking rookie in seattle is outplaying his arse!!!

Pay attention!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Do you ever pay attention?
    You think Marmie isn't a problem, and yet you want ME to pay attention?
    I suppose they just benched him out of spite?
    And how did he answer that? By being the top tackler last week and the only LB to do anything worthwhile on Sunday.
    I said he was not that good. How is that so far from the truth? He is lower tier among his peers.
    Quite far from the truth. He's better than every MLB we've had since London.
    Pay attention!!!
    I can only assume you're speaking to a mirror at this point.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I would say he has been a disappointment. I was pumped when I heard that we had signed Claiborne, but I he hasn't had much impact.

:clanram:

hawgski is offline Registered User

Personally, I did not like to see the Vikes let him go. When he was healthy, he made some big plays for us (e.g. picking off Favre and taking it to the house).

Our free agent pickups are starting to pan out and gel finally, Sam Cowart has turned out to be awesome as our General (MLB), Pat Williams (enough said), Keith Newman (a machine), Smoot, granted he had one bad game (Steve Smith's Biatch for one day), other than that he has been awesome.

Nappy Harris has not been what I had hoped, don't understand why. He looked good in pre-season, and on opening day against the Bucs, he had a HUGE sack!

Claiborne is a good backer, I am sure he will turn it up a notch on Sunday against The Purple.

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

The freaking rookie in seattle is outplaying his arse!!!
    In fairness, Tatupu is outplaying a lot of arses. I was bummed as hell when I found out that the Rams had signed Claiborne. I thought he was gonna be a monster and thought we should have grabbed him instead of playing against him twice a year. Who knew?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think Claiborne could be a very effective player in the right scheme. The current Ram scheme (if you can call it that), which involved, in my opinion, far too much rotation of players, does not work for him.

I also think the coaches believe he was dogging it a bit, given that they benched him in favor of Trev Faulk as a "wake up call."

You think Marmie isn't a problem, and yet you want ME to pay attention?
    Yes, please do, because yet again you are not.

I have never said that marmie is not a problem. He very well may be a problem. It depends on your defintion of a problem as to whether I might agree or disagree.

I have said that marmie's schemes do not differ that much as compared to the schemes being used around the league.

I have also said that I do not understand those who say they support Martz, but do not support his decisions.

It seems simple enough to me. You either support Martz and his decisions or you do not. But there are those who seem to want to pick and choose. From what I have read, you are one of these double standard folks when it comes to Martz.

And how did he answer that?
    So, your idea of a talented veteran player, that has heart and aspires to be a team leader, is one who needs to be benched in order for them to show these traits and perform at the highest level? Tell me, in your opinion, how long is that going to be effective? Will he need more benching in the future to get him to perform at a high level?

Quite far from the truth. He's better than every MLB we've had since London.
    The best that you can do to answer my question is compare him to the bums the Rams have had since Fletch? Well that figures.

Yes, please do, because yet again you are not.
    Come on, pal, how many times are we going to dance this waltz? Look, I'll just summarize. You think the players suck, I think Marmie sucks, the truth is probably in the middle. There, what's next on the agenda.
    you are one of these double standard folks when it comes to Martz.
    This is no double standard. Understanding that Martz is the best coach for this team does not mean being accepting of all his decisions. Marmie was a disaster from day one, that's easy enough to recognize. But that shouldn't be a death sentence for Martz' career in St. Louis. There be coaches on the street everywhere if one screw-up got them fired.
    So, your idea of a talented veteran player, that has heart and aspires to be a team leader, is one who needs to be benched in order for them to show these traits and perform at the highest level?
    I never said that. I do consider Claiborne a talented veteran, but not because he got benched. Maybe he was dogging it, if so, he should be benched. If that's what it takes to give him a spark, so be it. Right now, I'll take anything that can at least fill a gap, which Claiborne did against the Redskins.
    Tell me, in your opinion, how long is that going to be effective? Will he need more benching in the future to get him to perform at a high level?
    You want next week's lottery numbers, too?
    The best that you can do to answer my question is compare him to the bums the Rams have had since Fletch? Well that figures.
    What else is relevant? What other MLBs do I care about, except for the Rams MLB? I don't care who plays for any other team. I only want to see our players upgraded, which Claiborne is.

Look, man, I'd love to have Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher or Zach Thomas on this team. I'm sure you would too. But when our talent and salary is tied up on the other side of the ball, there's only so much that can be done on the defensive side. If we had more money, then I'd be joining you in demanding more than Claiborne, but there's only so much blood that can be squeezed from a turnip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast