jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Chris Hovan done for the Season???

They said they placed him on the injured reserve. But since the season hasn't officially started can he be taken off before the season starts. As the rule reads if placed on the injured reserve the player is done for the season.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Chris Hovan done for the Season???

Here is the story:

Rams place Chris Hovan on injured reserve
    Posted by Evan Silva on August 6, 2010 6:29 PM ET
    The St. Louis Rams announced Friday that they have placed defensive tackle Chris Hovan on injured reserve, ending his season.

Hovan, 32, was nagged by persistent back pain in camp. The 11th-year veteran signed with the Rams as a free agent two months ago. Hovan was released by the Bucs in late April after a poor season. As the nose tackle in the Bucs' Tampa Two scheme, Hovan was supposed to be the team's top run defender. The Bucs ranked dead last in the league in run defense.

If Hovan overcomes the back problems later on, he could be released with an injury settlement and sign elsewhere.

The Rams will move forward with Gary Gibson, Dorell Scott, and swing end-tackle Victor Adeyanju behind projected starters Clifton Ryan and Fred Robbins.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Here is the story:

Rams place Chris Hovan on injured reserve
    Posted by Evan Silva on August 6, 2010 6:29 PM ET
    The St. Louis Rams announced Friday that they have placed defensive tackle Chris Hovan on injured reserve, ending his season.

Hovan, 32, was nagged by persistent back pain in camp. The 11th-year veteran signed with the Rams as a free agent two months ago. Hovan was released by the Bucs in late April after a poor season. As the nose tackle in the Bucs' Tampa Two scheme, Hovan was supposed to be the team's top run defender. The Bucs ranked dead last in the league in run defense.

If Hovan overcomes the back problems later on, he could be released with an injury settlement and sign elsewhere.

The Rams will move forward with Gary Gibson, Dorell Scott, and swing end-tackle Victor Adeyanju behind projected starters Clifton Ryan and Fred Robbins.
    Yeah, sadly Hovan is done for the season. I think this may be a good thing. I mean he can still mentor the other guys on the sideline, and from what I seen Gary Gibson was really starting to do well last season before he had that season ending injury, and Darell Scott really came along at the end of last year.

npow81 Guest

Chris Hovan!!!!!! Oh my god there goes the season, what are we to do? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm freaking out.

Mooselini Guest

He can still mentor the kids, but we are short one on the line. I really hope someone steps up and plays well in camp.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    He can still mentor the kids, but we are short one on the line. I really hope someone steps up and plays well in camp.
    That's my concern I knew they were going to play him in special situations and sparingly. But man if someone else goes down it's a problem.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Correct, both Hovan and Setterstorm are already gone for the season. Two down51 more to go.

msha is offline Registered User

I'm not too concerned, I wasn't expecting a big contribution from him. He was supposed to be the main run stopper for the Bucs last year, and they were last in the NFL in rush defense.