general counsel is offline Registered User

Chris Johnson and Robert Thomas

Does anyone on the board still dislike the chris johnson for robert thomas trade? Nice runback and a very very nice tackle on a third down play.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Chris Johnson and Robert Thomas

Well, he's gotten us one more touchdown and forced fumble than Thomas would've gotten us. His first return was great, but after that it was ugliness. Nice close-in speed with the solid tackle to stop a drive.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

It's certainly looking like a good move, and Johnson is only going to get better as he gains more experience.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Johnson is big and fast. The sad thing about the secondary is that we have some good young talent, but the phrase "Not ready for prime time" continues to ring a bell, especially with butler out for the year, groce injured off and on, and travis fisher who looks like he couldnt cover an elephant in a phone booth.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Johnson is big and fast. The sad thing about the secondary is that we have some good young talent, but the phrase "Not ready for prime time" continues to ring a bell, especially with butler out for the year, groce injured off and on, and travis fisher who looks like he couldnt cover an elephant in a phone booth.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    We might have the worst D coaching I've ever seen the Rams have in memory.We have the talent,but Why are we getting killed.Hags went through us like a hot knife through butter.If it aint Marmie I'd please like someone to plausably explain this to me.
    It just seems like or guys are never in position and when they are its by accident.

jkramsfan Guest

I Agree With You Psycho, But You Dont Want To Say Anything About Marmie Or You Might Ruffle Some Feathers, You Know We Are So Much Better A Defense Since He Has Arrived,are We Dead Last In The League Yet?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

All right. So sue me. Rams may get the last laugh on this one. Probably won't be the last time I get foot-in-mouth disease.

But hey, if Johnson can bring back the days of Alvin Hammond, it'll be worth the affliction just to be proven wrong ...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    If it aint Marmie I'd please like someone to plausably explain this to me.
    Tell me which is more likely - our defensive coordinator is drawing up coverages with large portions of the field completely uncovered for no apparent reason, or guys are blowing their assignments and leave large portions of the field uncovered. I'm sure some of the scheme needs some work, but I would find it pretty hard to believe that Marmie's running a defense that frequently just leaves so many open spots in coverage.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

Yea I like this move. Unless Robert Thomas starts showing otherwise

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    We might have the worst D coaching I've ever seen the Rams have in memory.We have the talent,but Why are we getting killed.
    What talent in the secondary are you speaking of? Fisher? He hasn't played the same since he got hurt last year. Butler? Won't play a down this season. Hawthorne? next. Archuleta? He can hit, but if he isn't in the right place at the right time he can't cover anything with a blanket.

We DON'T have talent in this secondary. At all.

DatsunDimer Guest

I am a Packer fan, but I am a bigger fan of Chris Johnson (making me an avid Rams fan since the trade). Robert Thomas has done nothing in GB. He in on the field and that is about it. GB has an undrafted rookie by the name of Roy Manning who I feel will start over Thomas by week 12.

I just wish the Rams could give the corners some help with safties that can actually cover. Hawthorne was useless as a cornerback in GB, couldn't cover then, can't cover now.

If CJ keeps up with the progress on defense and special teams he will turn out to be a steal. Might even have to vote him to the Pro Bowl as the kick returner. (12th in NFL in average, longest return, and like 5th in the NFL in kick return yards.)