Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Chudzinsk for HC???

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Chudzinsk for HC???

The St. Louis have received permission to interview Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski for their vacant head-coaching position, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the process is supposed to remain confidential. The Rams also have interviewed former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, who's expected to choose this week between St. Louis and the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton. The team will also interview first-year Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen this week, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Tuesday the Rams asked for permission to interview Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden, but he later decided to remain in Cincinnati for another season.Chudzinski interviewed for the Jaguars' head-coaching job but lost out to Mike Mularkey. Under Chudzinski, the Panthers finished seventh in the NFL on offense while setting a new franchise record for total yards in a season despite having a rookie quarterback, Cam Newton.St. Louis also has a vacancy in its general manager position. The Rams confirmed that they had met with three candidates: Titans vice president of football operations Lake Dawson, Falcons director of player personnel Les Snead and Eagles director of player personnel Ryan Grigson.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Chudzinsk for HC???

Damn you beat me to it! This would be a great hire in my opinion. I realize we need a lot more help on the offensive side of the ball, and it'd make sense for us to grab an HC/OC. Then we can concentrate on the DC which can be filled pretty easily I'd think (Horton possibly, Gregg Williams maybe).
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Damn you beat me to it! This would be a great hire in my opinion. I realize we need a lot more help on the offensive side of the ball, and it'd make sense for us to grab an HC/OC. Then we can concentrate on the DC which can be filled pretty easily I'd think (Horton possibly, Gregg Williams maybe).
    IMO, Horton won't be leaving Arizona for anything other than a HC position. Williams has ties to Jeff Fisher through Tennessee, which is why his name has been floated here recently.
    ManofGod likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Finally!!!!!! Iv'e been advocating we go after Chud if we dont land Fisher. Hes my #1 choice for HC when it comes to coordinators.

1996-2000 University of Miami - Tight ends coach
    2001-2003 University of Miami - OC and Tight ends coach, in 2001 Miami won National Championship, coached Bubba Franks, Kellen Winslow III, and Jeremey Shockey to All-American status.
    2004 - Browns Tight ends coach
    2005-2006 Chargers Tight ends coach, Antonio Gates had his first 1,000+ yard season with 10 td's.
    2007-2008 Browns OC, 2007 Derek Anderson passes for 3,787 and 29 td's and makes first and only Pro Bowl.
    2009-2010 Chargers Tight ends coach, 2009 Antonia Gates has his second 1,000yard+ season(1,157) along with 8 td's.
    2011 Panthers OC, Took one of the worst offenses and made it a top 10 offense. 7th overall in offense, 5th in points scored, Franchise record for total yards in a season.

Brought a west coast offense that uses many aspects of the one ran by Norv Turner in San Diego.

Maybe he could help out tight ends not suck as much and get us scoring again.

But anyways, if we dont land Fisher ill be on the Chud bandwagon.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -01-11-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Harry S. Truman likes this.

I'd love to have him. The more I think about it, the better it seems. This guy could work wonders with Bradford, Kendricks, and possibly Blackmon.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

When you add it all up, this seems like a more plausible option for the team, and as Bar-bq said, there is no way Horton leaves Arizona unless its for a HC position. The fact that fisher is taking so long to make his announcement official has me to believe that he potentially didn't like what he's seen from either coaching option. Perhaps taking on a rebuilding project is not attractive to him at this stage of his career.
    THOLTFAN81 and Aussie Dave like this.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i`d have no complaints if we got a good O guy like Chudzinski as our next HC.
    would give Sam atleast a few years of stability and good DC`s seem easier to find than good OC`s. i still want Fisher number 1 as he`s a proven HC but if we pick up an unproved co-ordinator then an OC would be my choice.
    ManofGod likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So let me get this straight.....The Jags select Mullarkey over Chud and we want the leftovers?

NO

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So let me get this straight.....The Jags select Mullarkey over Chud and we want the leftovers?

NO
    The difference is Atlanta fans wanted Mularkey gone, and Panthers fans want Chud to stay badly. Not a strong argument i know, but still, i rather have Chud then Mullarkey.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

NO
    Chud took Newton, and made him the most prolific rookie QB of all time. Yes, better than Bradfords rookie year. He revived Steve Smith's career, and continues to make DWill and JStew look like pro bowl capable RB's. Had the Panthers had a defense this year, they would have had 10+ wins.

I'll take Chud any day!

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

NO
    the Jags wanted a coach with HC experience, thus their decision.

Chud is ready for his own HC gig. He's due.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Once again, I am really liking the way our HC search is going. Back when I made my post about potential candidates Chudzinski was my #2 coordinator choice, (Behind Rob Ryan...what was I thinking).

I kinda want Fisher to announce hes going to Miami today. Is that weird? I was gung-ho Fisher all week. Guess the fact that it's taking so long is making me lose any and all excitement in hiring him.
    RockinRam likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Chud took Newton, and made him the most prolific rookie QB of all time. Yes, better than Bradfords rookie year. He revived Steve Smith's career, and continues to make DWill and JStew look like pro bowl capable RB's. Had the Panthers had a defense this year, they would have had 10+ wins.

I'll take Chud any day!
    I really think it's the other way around. Newton made Chud look good.
    Just like the Giants defense did for Spags!
    majorram, RockinRam and ManofGod like this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Just another guy without head coaching experiance. Not interested.

bradwill is offline Registered User

If the Rasm were to go the coordinator route-which I really hope they don't-they could do a lot worse than Chudzinski. In today's NFL, a sharp mind for offense in your HC helps a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast