Thread: Claiborne

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Claiborne

Wraith posted a very good thread regarding Manu and whether we should give the guy another shot, and I'm of the opinion that we should. It got me to thinking, should we also re-appraise Claiborne and his performance given the sordid little mess that was our D last year?

I'm thinking in this new Hybrid 4-3/3-4 on passing downs, he could be really effective, and prior to coming to us he was reasonably solid and occasionally very good.

What's the Clan's verdict?

The proviso being that his career's not over of course............................

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Claiborne

Claiborne deserves another chance because he really didn't get much of a chance at all this season. As for Manu, I'm just tired of the mediocrity of Manu, and his lack of heart. He can go we will be fine.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

rampete is offline Registered User

of course, it goes without saying that the future of claiborne, as well as the rest of the defensive players, is in the hands of haslett...

i'm anxious to see what haslett is going to do with the remnants of this defense...

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I think that thoughts that Manu and Claiborne need to be given an opportunity in a better system is many fans way of saying that we're stuck with these guys and if we cross our fingers, perhaps they'll look better under Haslett and Linehan.

It's possible, but I think there have been a lot of poor acquisitions over the last few years that we are stuck with and it will hard to picture them turning it around next year.

All I'm hoping is for the offense to look a bit better with Bulger in for a whole season, Jackson to start playing up to his potential and the Defense to actually make a tackle when they get there.

I don't see the Defense making night and day progress, but if they can at least minimize the additional yards after missed tackles and be in position more often than not, they might have a shot to win the division.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

I agree with Ramsbruce. We should keep Claiborne, most definately. Perhaps with good coaching, and good D-management, he can deliver more as we all hoped and expected last season.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

I think he deserves another go,if we did not give him another go it would be a waste of money and talent

chiguy is offline Registered User

Manu's problems seem to be inside his head -- lack of concentration, etc. Claiborne was at worst solid before he got here and placed in Marmie's scheme. His contract is big, but not unreasonable so I'd give him another shot.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Claiborne deserves another chance because he really didn't get much of a chance at all this season. As for Manu, I'm just tired of the mediocrity of Manu, and his lack of heart. He can go we will be fine.
    Agree, we need to upgrade the TE as we all know Linehan likes to use the TE. I see him going with a younger gun at the spot.It would be nice to have a guy produce in the Red zone for us.

Claiborne was watching more then playing due to scheme.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Part of the issue with claiborne is physical, another part is cap related. I dont think he was on the field enough under the marmie scheme to say he was a failure. If he is physically ok, i wouldnt hold him problems with marmie against him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Part of the issue with claiborne is physical, another part is cap related. I dont think he was on the field enough under the marmie scheme to say he was a failure. If he is physically ok, i wouldnt hold him problems with marmie against him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Your right "GC" I think we we give him one more to see whats up ... If he is physically ok he might do just fine ...

thegeorge613 is offline Registered User

Give Claiborne another go. Manu was mediocre at best, so he should go.