Thread: The Clan

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Clan

You know what's great?

The ClanRam forums.

You know why?

Because everyone here has an opinion, and nobody is afraid to express it. What's more, nobody forces anything on each other. It is this difference in opinion which has allowed the Clan to thrive, as I've seen it, in the past 2 years. The barriers on what you can and can't say concerning our rams are wide. Everyone knows their limits, and expresses their own opinions within them. But they're not so razor thin that they impel uniformity upon our Clan. They provide a medium for discussion, and that's what makes this place so interesting.

How great would the Clan be if everyone was posting the same boring drivel, be it optimistic or pessimistic, becuase they were confined to the limits of eveybody else's opinions? Which is why I think It's great that we have such wide debate, and that we have posters that have the balls to say "we'll end up 0-16" and others who take the time to provide a slightly more positive sentiment.

And the fantastic thing is, we level each other out. There is no lopsided majority that feels necessitated to vent agressively after each loss- sure, we have posters who do vent, as it's been labelled, because, in reality, it's only human nature. But what's better is that this "venting" encourages people to "vent" right back- in either disagreement or affirmation. And it's great that we have posters who have the courage to say "no, no- here's where you're wrong"

What's interesting is how things can be interpreted. I know that everything said here is meant in the spirit of quality debate and discussion, and it's a shame to see people read it the wrong way. Becuase, I don't think anyone is trying to single anyone else out. The best part of this Clan is that everyone is entitled to express their own opinion (Provided you're a member ) and that not everyone agrees, and it seems like a lot of posters know how to express this in a very civil manner. I think we even had Missouri state law quoted the oother day.

So kudos to the Clan for being the medium for discussion that it is, cheers to Dez and all the Moderators, and I hope to see all of you SLIP, SLOP AND SLAP-ping into the future.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: The Clan

Nice! Excellent post BBQ, well said / written. Kudos.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-03-2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Spelling 'excelent'

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: The Clan

Indeed nice post, I'm glad to be part of the clan and the discussions.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

You said it perfectly bro.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

I totally agree, good post

Keenum is offline Registered User

Good one.
    Hit the nail right on the head.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Basically what I was thinking. Good job.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

You make us sound somewhat normal.
    Let the hype begin.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    You know what's great?

The ClanRam forums.

You know why?

Because everyone here has an opinion, and nobody is afraid to express it. What's more, nobody forces anything on each other. It is this difference in opinion which has allowed the Clan to thrive, as I've seen it, in the past 2 years. The barriers on what you can and can't say concerning our rams are wide. Everyone knows their limits, and expresses their own opinions within them. But they're not so razor thin that they impel uniformity upon our Clan. They provide a medium for discussion, and that's what makes this place so interesting.

How great would the Clan be if everyone was posting the same boring drivel, be it optimistic or pessimistic, becuase they were confined to the limits of eveybody else's opinions? Which is why I think It's great that we have such wide debate, and that we have posters that have the balls to say "we'll end up 0-16" and others who take the time to provide a slightly more positive sentiment.

And the fantastic thing is, we level each other out. There is no lopsided majority that feels necessitated to vent agressively after each loss- sure, we have posters who do vent, as it's been labelled, because, in reality, it's only human nature. But what's better is that this "venting" encourages people to "vent" right back- in either disagreement or affirmation. And it's great that we have posters who have the courage to say "no, no- here's where you're wrong"

What's interesting is how things can be interpreted. I know that everything said here is meant in the spirit of quality debate and discussion, and it's a shame to see people read it the wrong way. Becuase, I don't think anyone is trying to single anyone else out. The best part of this Clan is that everyone is entitled to express their own opinion (Provided you're a member ) and that not everyone agrees, and it seems like a lot of posters know how to express this in a very civil manner. I think we even had Missouri state law quoted the oother day.

So kudos to the Clan for being the medium for discussion that it is, cheers to Dez and all the Moderators, and I hope to see all of you SLIP, SLOP AND SLAP-ping into the future.
    You have a little brown on your nose there... Bar-bq...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    You know what's great?

The ClanRam forums.

You know why?

Because everyone here has an opinion, and nobody is afraid to express it.
    Ah, shut the Hell up!

What's more, nobody forces anything on each other. It is this difference in opinion which has allowed the Clan to thrive, as I've seen it, in the past 2 years. The barriers on what you can and can't say concerning our rams are wide. Everyone knows their limits, and expresses their own opinions within them. But they're not so razor thin that they impel uniformity upon our Clan.
    I thought I told you to shut up!

They provide a medium for discussion, and that's what makes this place so interesting.
    I'm warning you...

Don't push me, man!

That's it. You're banned!

Hey, I thought I banned you!

Okay, you complimented the Mods, so you can stay.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Ah, shut the Hell up!

I thought I told you to shut up!

I'm warning you...

Don't push me, man!

That's it. You're banned!

Hey, I thought I banned you!

Okay, you complimented the Mods, so you can stay.

Just as well.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    You have a little brown on your nose there... Bar-bq...
    It's just ...ready for this ....?.....

Bar-bq sauce :x
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Good post! One of the best things about Clanram is that you don't see the dramatic knee-jerk reactions here that you do on other boards often. When my college team loses, there are fans on that board (which I won't mention or link) that call for the coach to be fired and even the AD to be removed from his spot after one loss!

We all know here that we have seen it all and will again. Bad times will eventually turn to great times again for the Rams and we will all be here to enjoy it when it happens.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Very nice commentary, BG.

It's up to us to fulfill this Clan's claim as ... "The World's Biggest and Best Rams Message Board.

:bash: