general counsel Guest

Clannies-Why cant the mods be eligible?

I think the mods should be eligible for the clannie awards. First, the cash prizes are very substantial and they are entitled to compete for the supplementary income. Second, its only fair. These guys are the ones that keep the threads going, keep us all under control, display an extraordinary depth of knowledge, create the fun polls etc. None of that even accounts for the good looks in the clubhouse added by the collective group.

I think any appearance of impropriety imputed by their eligibility is outweighed by the prejudicial effect of disqualifying some of the most special people on the board.

Any thoughts or potential reconsideration on this rule?

At the minimum, Dez needs some form of lifetime award since we dont exist without him. Maybe we just call him The Creator from now on and give him a special Burning Bush award. A statue would be nice, but he is too humble for that.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Clannies-Why cant the mods be eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    First, the cash prizes are very substantial and they are entitled to compete for the supplementary income.
    Don't worry - we received a nice settlement from the Clan for our not being eligible. I'm going to spend my share on a scooter.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Clannies-Why aren't Mods eligible? Am I a Mod?

Mods are especially worthy of eligibility.

Avenger, what's going on? Two of my posts have been deleted from the Clannies Award Nomination thread. Were they that detrimental to the subject? I'm puzzled

Was it my mentioning of Thomas Kemper? :tough:

Re: Clannies-Why aren't Mods eligible? Am I a Mod?

It's a nominations thread - we've been instructed to make sure the only thing in there are nominations, not discussion.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

I agree I think mods should be eligible they contribute just the same if not more than the rest of us

Re: Clannies-Why aren't Mods eligible? Am I a Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Mods are especially worthy of eligibility.

Avenger, what's going on? Two of my posts have been deleted from the Clannies Award Nomination thread. Were they that detrimental to the subject? I'm puzzled

Was it my mentioning of Thomas Kemper? :tough:
    Nope, they were in no way detrimental but the thread is for nominations only.

Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles
    I agree I think mods should be eligible they contribute just the same if not more than the rest of us
    after last year, some poster *****ed about the mods being eligible for this award.

We had a discussion and between us agreed that we were fine with not being eligible. So we the mods decided.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I understand your point about Mods not being eligible, but may I interject something?
    My knowledge of the Rams has been increased a thousandfold due to the posts made by the Mods. Therefore, may I suggest that we honor them in some other way? Perhaps we could drink a toast to each of them....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFamily
    I understand your point about Mods not being eligible, but may I interject something?
    My knowledge of the Rams has been increased a thousandfold due to the posts made by the Mods. Therefore, may I suggest that we honor them in some other way? Perhaps we could drink a toast to each of them....
    You can make the checks payable to the "ClanRam Mod 401(k) fund".

Seriously though, we (the mods) appreciate the thoughts being expressed here, but you guys see and hear from us all the time, so we thought this would be a good time to bring the spotlight to those not in the administration. We have agreed to perform a function for this board by moderating, therefore we have an obligation to be there. But for the other 1600 posters on this board, you're here solely because you want to be here to discuss the Rams with other Rams...and that's the spirit we want to celebrate with these awards.

Again, the mods appreciate what you're saying and to that we say "thank you"...but this time is all about you guys and gals.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    You can make the checks payable to the "ClanRam Mod 401(k) fund".
    Or just "Nick Seiler."

Y'know...

Whichever.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFamily
    I agree with you 100%. Obviously, the most active moderators would win hands down. They excell in many of the categories and bring so much to the board. They certainly are deserving but I do understand their point. I tip my hat to you mods and thank you for the knowledge and insight that you provide. I'll tip one back in your honor tonight!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If you want to show your appreciation for the Mods, here's a suggestion.

When the Mods, who have lives and busy schedules just like you do, make the effort to try to get something interesting or fun going on the boards - participate!

Take the nomination thread - as of now, the thread has been viewed over 100 times, and there are only about 6 actual posters who have bothered to post nominations.

Of course, at the same time, this thread, which is devoted to questioning or criticizing the decision to exclude Mods, has plenty of responses.

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Don't worry - we received a nice settlement from the Clan for our not being eligible. I'm going to spend my share on a scooter.
    If nicks getting a scoot he already won.Live free ride hard.:ramlogo:
    Last edited by psycho9985; -05-01-2005 at 10:56 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    If you want to show your appreciation for the Mods, here's a suggestion.

When the Mods, who have lives and busy schedules just like you do, make the effort to try to get something interesting or fun going on the boards - participate!

Take the nomination thread - as of now, the thread has been viewed over 100 times, and there are only about 6 actual posters who have bothered to post nominations.
    This is a good point. If you enjoy all the hard work and effort put forth by the moderators, you should participate in the threads that are looking for input from the crowd. They want to hear from you.

To the moderators, thanks for all you do. Thanks for bringing us the articles and the news and for all the good discussions. You guys are an impressive bunch.
    :ramlogo:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]