Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

ClanRam Awards: Official Nomination Thread

Ladies and gents, put on your tuxedos and gowns and get ready to walk the red carpet. The ClanRam Awards (or, the "Clannies") are coming.

Here's how it will work:

1. On this thread, you may nominate one poster for each of the following categories:

Most Valuable Poster
    Most Knowledgeable Poster
    Funniest Poster
    Most Congenial Poster
    Best Thread Starter
    Most Controversial Poster
    Thread of the Year

2. You may not nominate yourself in any of the first 6 categories. You may nominate a thread that you started or particpated in for Thread of the Year.

3. In one week, polls will go up with every person/thread nominated by at least two people in each category. The polls will decide the winners.

Here's your chance to give a nod to your fellow posters!

Let the nominations begin!

Re: ClanRam Awards: Official Nomination Thread

My nominees:

Most Valuable Poster: Txramsfan
    Most Knowledgeable: NickSeiler
    Funniest Poster: RamDez (that avatar alone kills me!)
    Most Congenial Poster: Ferter
    Best Thread Starter: RamWraith
    Most Controversial Poster: adarian too
    Thread of the Year: The April Fool's Thread

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Smile Re: ClanRam Awards: Official Nomination Thread

Cmon everyone, put on your thinking caps and get with the program. I have my highly anticipated nominations ready, but I am not going to post them until a few more of you post yours. PLEASE!!

thank you

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

This is more difficult than it looks, especially with no Hot Topics Forum left to look at. Here we go.....

Most Valuable Poster: RamDez
    Most Knowledgeable Poster: RamHog
    Funniest Poster: Ferter
    Most Congenial Poster: Rammiegirl
    Best Thread Starter: AvengerRam
    Most Controversial Poster: BlackTrout
    Thread of the Year: Why do I love the Rams?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

whats funny about this, I bet everyone has their list ready and is just wating to see what the others put about them. *LOL

I know I have my list on the desk ;-)

txramsfan is offline Registered User

My nominees:

Most Valuable Poster: general counsel
    Most Knowledgeable: NickSeiler
    Funniest Poster: adarian
    Most Congenial Poster: HUbison
    Best Thread Starter: RamWraith
    Most Controversial Poster: AvengerRam
    Thread of the Year: The April Fool's Thread

BigGame Guest

Here it is...

Most Valuable Poster: txramsfan
    Most Knowledgeable: RamWraith
    Funniest: AvengerRam, bar none
    Most Congenial: BlackTrout.... Just kidding, my vote is Ferter
    Best Thread Starter: AvengerRam
    Most Controversial: BlackTrout
    Thread of the year: April Fool's

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Smile Re: ClanRam Awards: Official Nomination Thread

I think this is a great idea and I hope everyone decides to participate in the nominations and subsequent voting. Let me start by addressing the nominations of mods. I would normally like to see these awards go to the members who are not mods. However, I do like the fact that our site does have active involvement from its' mods. To me, that makes our site unique and special. I think the mods do a fine job and are an asset to the site, therefore, they are well worth consideration for these awards. I would also like to thank anyone for any nominations or considerations, that I might receive. I will accept any nomination with humility and rest assured I will not take a politicians approach and vote for myself in any category that I might be nominated for. The nominations are a mere formality. The members will decide who wins by casting their votes.

I am going to give a short synopsis of my nominations, because I want it known that I have given these nominations some thought. That is not to say that others have not given thought into their nominations, rather, I simply feel better doing it this way. I hope I don't overlook any member and having said that, if you have posted at ClanRam you can bet I know of you and have read your posts. One more thing, before I begin. To me, time counts, so those who have been here a full year will get the strongest consideration from me.

Most Valuable Poster
    Well this one is the easiest for me. There are several worthy members for the MVP, but one stands above all, in my mind. For starters, where would we be without RamDez? He is the one who makes all this happen, however, as much as he is worthy of any award, this is the award for Most Valuable Poster. txramsfan is a strong consideration along with Nick Seiler and general counsel, as of late. Personally, Ramtime is also very valuable, to me, but I must look at this from an overall perspective. (BTW Ramtime, if you happen to be lurking, please join us, I miss you, my friend). And now, without further ado, I present AvengerRam. Certainly Avenger is the complete package. In my mind he could easily be given any one of these awards. From his avid posting of Rams football optimism, polls (yes I said polls) and controversial topics, to his humor, knowledge, congeniality and on through his Book of Spiral Horns, AvengerRam is my nomination for Most Valuable Poster.

Most Knowledgeable Poster
    This is a rather tough decision here, but when I factor in the Rams long and illustrious history, the decision becomes quite clear. There are so many knowledgeable Rams fans here at ClanRam. The list is indeed long and I have learned many things from so many of you. Moklerman, Nick Seiler, txramsfan, Wisconsin, AvengerRam, general counsel, r8rh8rmike, Yodude, Jake, RW, and adarian, to mention a few. This topic isn't specific, but since we are all Rams fans, I have to consider Rams knowledge, past and present, as strongly as I do general football knowledge. Nick is a strong candidate here, but considering my previous statement and length of time served over the past year, I must go in a different direction. With his unparalleled knowledge of Rams football, past and present, (and I would say he definately knows a thing or two about football and people, in general) Ramtime is my nomination for Most Knowledgeable Poster.

Funniest Poster
    Well you have all made me laugh a time or two over the years and I think almost everyone here has a good natured sense of humor. To me, that's what it's all about, friends having fun and making each other laugh. I know at this point I should try and say something funny or witty, but I'll leave that to the master of wit, that I am about to nominate. With his uncanny humor and his never ending quest to whip us all with his wit, adarian is my nomination for Funniest Poster.

Most Congenial Poster
    Oh man, where do I begin? So many congenial members and quite frankly that is what makes this the greatest Rams talk forum on the planet. Everyone, give yourselves a hand for this one! Geez, another endless list here. Real Ram, Wisconsin, RamDez, 28rulz, RammieGirl, txramsfan, RW, r8rh8rmike (bro, special commendation to you for always staying cool in the heat of a debate), moklerman, Nick Seiler, HUbison, general counsel, radjohns, coy_bacon, RamMyrow, maineram, Ramman68, Yodude, Ramtime, Bob L. Head, shale, MajorRam, sprtsmac, tanus, vicdan, RamsFamily, sorry, I just can't name you all or I would be typing a mighty long time. This is the hardest category, it really is, I don't think I have ever heard RealRam say a bad thing about much of anything. Same thing for RammieGirl. Yet, there is one name I have not mentioned, someone who has withstood everything I have thrown at her in the way of good natured teasing. Someone who likes to hang with the guys and be a friend. With her charming smile and her always good nature, but sometimes feisty attitude, to match her screen name, UtterBlitz is my nomination for Most Congenial Poster.

Best Thread Starter
    Anyone who can start a thread is an asset to the site. I know every thread is not successful, but there are those who never give up and are constantly trying to throw things out there for us. RW does this as well as anyone and I appreciate his efforts, but I just don't think he is the best thread starter. Ramtime, AvengerRam, general counsel and Moklerman are some of the best. Trout used to be one of, if not the best thread starters until he was overcome with some form of bitterness. With his often controversial themes, meticulous writing style and his excellent knowledge of our Rams and the NFL, Moklerman is my nomination for Best Thread Starter.

Most Controversial Poster
    Well I suppose the usual suspects will creep into most members minds for this category. You know, Trout, adarian, elacky, Avenger, coy_bacon, tta, FargoRamsFan, just to name a few. But there is another guy that you might not consider right off the top of your head. He is everyones best buddy. We all love him. Have you seen his picture? He has such a genuine and friendly smile. How could you not want to be his friend? But boy does he ever like to stir the pot. He will probably be the first to say otherwise, but I have been reading him for over two years now and I think I know different. Let me add that in no way do I consider him to be a negative poster. I just think that he likes to get things going with some controversial football banter. With his friendly attitude, vast knowledge of football, penchant for controversy, and everyones favorite mod, txramsfan is my nomination for Most Controversial Poster

Thread of the Year
    Well it's too bad we don't have the hot topics available. This is going to be tough having only recent memory to reflect on. The april fools thread was a classic, but not that many different members got in on that. I really wish I could see something from the past season. I liked the controversy of some of the Warner threads. Hmmmmm? Well for lack of a better choice and just to get some variety on the ballot, The 2004 Draft Day Thread gets my nomination for Thread of the Year.

Summary

Most Valuable Poster - AvengerRam

Most Knowledgeable Poster - Ramtime

Funniest Poster - adarian

Most Congenial Poster - UtterBlitz

Best Thread Starter - Moklerman

Most Controversial Poster - txramsfan

Thread of the Year - 2004 Draft Day Thread

RamWraith is offline Registered User

MVP - Dez - Without him this place doesn't exist

Knowledge - Coy Bacon - This was a tough one. Everyone knows their stuff here. But, Coy will call you on your spelling, grammar, stats and if he doesn't believe what you’re saying, he will fight you till the bitter end.

Funniest - Bob L. Head - Have been reading his post for years and there is ALWAYS a touch of sarcasm in them. You have to appreciate the fact of just changing his name to be funny. Right; DentheDeacon.

Nicest - 28rulz - Although lost in who knows where. She would bend over backwards for you just to make you happy and would do anything not to rock the boat. Next vote would be ferter…MY BUD!

Thread Starter - Tx - First Ramtime came to mind, but I believe he has chosen another path and has stayed at that "other" site so I can’t justify giving him a nomination. Avenger came to mind, but a guy can only do so many polls. So I think of who through the years has added some of the best conversation, and I would have to say Tx.

Most Controversial - Elacky - Trout came to mind at first, but I don't want him to be rewarded for being nasty to people for just disagreeing with his views. Elacky gets my vote. He would challenge the Pope to religion if he had the chance.

Thread of the Year - April Fools
    - Bar none - WE GOT YOU SLACKERS!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -06-18-2004 at 04:14 PM.

Okay, we're off to a decent start.

Here's how it stands so far (nominees who have received two nominations and thereby clinched a spot on the polls are listed in bold):

Most Valuable Poster:

TxRamsFan (2)
    RamDez (2)
    general counsel
    AvengerRam

Most Knowledgeable Poster:

NickSeiler (2)
    RamHog
    RamWraith (fka JRams)
    RamTime
    Coy Bacon

Funniest Poster:

adarian too (2)
    Ferter
    AvengerRam
    RamDez
    Bob L. Head (fka The Deacon)

Most Congenial Poster:

Ferter (2)
    HUbison
    Rammiegirl
    Utterblitz
    28Rulz

Best Thread Starter:

RamWraith (fka JRams) (2)
    AvengerRam (2)
    Moklerman
    TxRamsFan

Most Controversial Poster:

BlackTrout (2)
    AvengerRam
    adarian too
    TxRamsFan
    elAcky

Thread of the Year:

April Fool's Thread (4)
    Why Do I Love The Rams
    2004 Draft Day Thread

Keep those nominations coming!
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -06-18-2004 at 04:20 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

These would be my votes, if I had to narrow it down. Obviously there are multiple people who could fall in every category, but here's the final list.

-Most Valuable Poster: Dez. I agree with what Wraith said. It's easy to make the case for a guy like Dez.

-Most Knowledgeable Poster: general council. There are a lot of guys that I think supply a vast amount of knowledge on this board, but a name that hasn't been mentioned that I think needs to be is GC.

-Funniest Poster: Avenger. Can't tell you how many times I've honestly laughed out loud because of stuff of his I've read.

-Most Congenial Poster: Ferter. Ferter and I got into an argument, probably more my fault than anything else, not too long before we all moved here. One of the first things I saw whenever I got here was a compliment by him on my sig and avatar. I have a lot of respect for him, and he seems to be one of the nicest guys on here.

-Best Thread Starter: Wraith/JRam. Seems to be all over new threads, getting us the latest info or starting off a lot of good discussions.

-Most Controversial Poster: elAcky. It would have been easy to say Trout here. Heck, I've stirred the pot a number of times and wouldn't have been surprised to see my name here, heh. But I think elacky has created a bit of controversy with his opinion on Faulk among some other stuff, so I went with him.

-Thread of the Year: April Fool's. Hands down.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Here are my votes.

I was going to wait a bit to see if things took off but it looks like we need to put them together and post now

Most Valuable Poster: I am going to give Philip the nod for this. Txramsfan has been around with me for some time now and although he has slowed of late, I believe he will come storming back as the season closes.

Most Knowledgeable Poster: I am going with general council but could easily went with Nick Seiler / RamHog / Ferter or several more but gc has been pretty consistent

Funniest Poster: AvengerRam. I thought about this and Avenger nearly blew it with all those polls sucking away his credibility. Bob L Head came close to stealing his thunder but in the end, David piped him at the post.

Most Congenial Poster: after considering him for funniest poster, I also thought, hey, he fits this category as well so I vote for Bob L Head. Honorable mention to Ferter Rammiegirl 28rules Utterblitz and RealRam

Best Thread Starter: JRam. Nuff said

Most Controversial Poster: adarian too. Trout would also have been a choice for me but unfortunately he likes to insult posters rather than talk them into a corner

Thread of the Year: April Fool's. no contest here

general counsel Guest

Here are my nominations, although like many, i find it very hard to single people out to the exclusion of others. There are so many great Rams fans on this board, we really need a weekly meeting with ziggy, martz and charlie to provide input to the squad. Annually with shaw would be ok.

MVP- Has to be Dez, we do not exist without him. Dez would also be a leading nominee for best looking, but that was not posted as one of the categories.

Most knowledgeable- NickSeiler. I think that Nick offers us the most well rounded and reasoned arguments. He balances ram player personnel assesment, cap impact, common sense and impact in the club house with his general knowledge of the nfl. I especially find his knowledge of the afc impressive, a conference that i tend not to focus on when the teams are not on our schedule (i figure you can deal with the afc champion when and if you can make it to the Big Dance).

Congenial- Ferter. I strongly considered ferter for most knowledgeable as well, but i went congenial since ferter manages to combine his encyclopedic knowledge with a talent for not offending people personally, even in the midst of some of the most heated debates on the board.

Thread Starter- Tx. In addition to a vote for tx personally, this is also a vote for the defensive squad, which is often neglected. Tx provokes conversation, and makes sure the "other side of the ball" on the rams is never forgotten.

Thread of the Year- Why I love the Rams

Funniest- I vote Avenger, mainly because i love the biting sarcasm and dry sense of humour that seeps through in his posts and responses.

Controversial- ElAcky. For me personally, following the post advocating the immediate waiver of Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, I have no choice but to vote for ElAckly. I certainly respect his right and willingness to speak his mind even when his view is not the majority position.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Most Valuable Poster: txramsfan - He's all over the place.

Most Knowledgeable Poster: moklerman - Even though I may disagree with him sometimes, he always puts a lot of thought into his posts and certainly deserves to be nominated.

Funniest Poster: AvengerRam - His jokes are sometimes taken a bit too seriously, but he still maintains that witty (at times, even corny) sense of humor.

Most Congenial Poster: RealRam - Jorge has always been a positive, agreeable, and very respected poster.

Best Thread Starter: RamWraith - He loves to initiate most of the conversations around here, whether the threads float or sink.

Most Controversial Poster: elAcky - A fearless poster who would stand his ground even if he knew he was wrong.

Thread of the Year: Why I Love the Rams - There were some great stories that really dug to the core of all Rams fans' hearts.

Okay, time for an update...

Let's go to the big board...

Most Valuable Poster:

TxRamsFan (4)
    RamDez (4)
    general counsel
    AvengerRam

Most Knowledgeable Poster:

NickSeiler (3)
    general counsel (2)