throwback week

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

ClanRam Live Draft Discussion Rules (2014 Edition)

We are less than 24 hours away from the start of the 2014 NFL Draft, and it goes without saying that there's been a lot of interest in the draft in the last couple of months, perhaps moreso than I can remember on the Clan for other past drafts.

I don't think I'd be going out on a limb if I said we'll have a lot of traffic and topics to discuss this weekend as the draft occurs. But to maintain some sort of order this weekend, we're going to put a few NFL Draft rules in place, as we have in previous years.

1) Live draft discussion will be restricted to two places: (a) the ClanRam Chat Room and (b) a moderator-started Draft Discussion Thread. Please do not create new threads as a means of talking about the draft as it happens. New threads will be merged/deleted without notice so that we can keep discussion centralized and not clutter the board with repetitive new topics.

2) For each Rams draft pick, a moderator will start a new thread announcing the selection in the Rams Talk forum. Once a moderator has started a thread announcing a Rams pick, discussion can take place in that thread regarding the player selected. This is, again, to centralize all discussion on the prospect that has been selected. We donít need 20 threads announcing the Ramsí picks as people try to ďscoopĒ one another.

3) Be on your best behavior on the board and in the chat room. That means if the Rams draft someone you didn't want them to select, don't overreact. Donít curse like a sailor. Donít jump into your bunker because the sky is falling. Itís okay to be frustrated by something your team does and to express that frustration, but do it in a respectful and civil way that adheres to our board rules. If you canít do this, then you may find yourself venting your feelings somewhere else for a while.

With two first round picks and a competent group of leaders in charge of the organization, this is shaping up to be an exciting draft for the Rams! Letís get excited and enjoy a great draft weekend, Rams fans!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MACD is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam Live Draft Discussion Rules (2014 Edition)

That answers my question about whether the Chat Room will be open. So, it sounds like you want all things done in decency and order.

Looking forward to a really fun night.