throwback week

View Poll Results: Who was the Rams' MVP in Week 1?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steven Jackson

2 4.65%
  • Cadillac Williams

40 93.02%
  • Quintin Mikell

1 2.33%
  • James Laurinaitis

0 0%
  • Justin King

0 0%
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

ClanRam Rams MVP - Week 1 Poll

Time to get this thing started!

It is always difficult to select an MVP after a tough loss, but there are always players who distinguish themselves even in defeat. This week, I have selected the following nominees for MVP of the week:

Steven Jackson
    It seems odd to select a player who was in for only two plays, but Jackson did score the Rams' only TD on a fantastic 47 yard run. It is a shame that he injured himself in the process. Hopefully, he'll return soon and have more plays like that.

Cadillac Williams
    Williams came off the bench and did a nice job filling in for Jackson with 17 caries for 91 yards and 5 receptions for 49 yards. If Jackson can't play this week, Williams is a viable option for the short term.

Quintin Mikell
    Mikell had a good showing against his former team with 4 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble. He had a tough time staying with DeShaun Jackson on his TD, but there aren't many DBs who can stay with Jackson.

James Laurinaitis
    Laurinaitis finished with six tackles and a fumble recovery. When the Eagles ran standard running plays between the tackles, he seemed to be in the vicinity of the ballcarrier every time.

Justin King
    The prospect of King filling in for Ron Bartell is definitely scary, but he was an active player last Sunday, registering seven tackles and a sack. King has always been a good athlete. Hopefully his talents can be harnessed this year.

Get your votes in now! The poll will be open until Sunday.

P.S. Please do not "write in" candidates. Only votes on the poll will be counted.

Rampingitup Guest

Re: ClanRam Rams MVP - Week 1 Poll

Wow so far Cadillac is running away. I would have voted for SJ if he had been able to stay in. That TD run was awesome, but he was only in for 2 plays. The others did well, but I really like the Caddie!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Cadillac Williams
    Williams came off the bench and did a GREAT job filling in for Jackson with 17 caries for 91 yards and 5 receptions for 49 yards.

I don't think we will have a drop off at all this week, with Williams and Norwood.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Cadillac Williams by far, WDE!
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Caddy stepped up big time.

I just wonder what this game would have been like had Jackson not got clipped by that diving Eagle just as he crossed into the end zone

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Cadillac had a consistant all around game against the Eagles. MVP's shouldn't be handed out in losing situations, but Carnell definitely deserves a game ball for his efforts against the Eagles Sunday.
    Rams should ride this Caddy like a Fleetwood if Jax can't go on MNF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TekeRam is offline Registered User

As the first one to vote for NOT Cadillac, I figured I should make my vote heard through words and not just a button.

One, Cadillac is just about the kind of backup that I wanted in that I knew we needed someone who could carry the load if Jax went down. That's why Sproles and Bush never made sense to me. They both did well in week one, but not in the way that Cadillac was needed. He looked fresh and like the first rounder he was drafted as. I love having him on our team.

BUT. Despite his wonderful performance, he didn't score and wasn't able to break anything the way that Jax did. Jax only touched the ball twice, but he set the tone against their defense and then we weren't able to keep it up after he left. We played well, but not great.

Also, when our receiver, Gibson I think, got pushed 15 yards out of bounds on the Eagles' sideline in the 3rd quarter and a fight almost broke out(which I loved because two of our guys almost started a fight with 46!), Jackson was out at the numbers, ready to go over there and finish it while the rest of the team just watched from the sideline. Even hurting, he was ready to bring it.
    I believe!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Easiest poll ever. Cadillac by a mile. SJ knew it as well before Williams even touched the ball. Last year, SJ would have tried to tough it out & hurt the team on the day & possibly well into the season. SJ's faith in him was justified in the performance. No run game= a Sam sack fest.

Goldbrick got his usual buttwhipping on the goal line play that denied Carnell the score he and Dahl deserved for their whole performance. I'm talking about Harvey, of course. Don't even get me started on Craig....

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Props to Cadillac for stepping up in a big way when Jackson went down. I'm tempted to give it to Jackson for scoring the only TD in very limited action, but this one could have been a lot uglier if Cadillac hadn't been able to move the ball through the ground game.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Cadillac ran hard, he got my vote. But the holes made by the OL were big help for him.? So a shout out goes to Justin King, who had a much more difficult job.? Considering the talent across from him, he played to a decent level and flashed some nice speed. I just hope he continues to improve.?
    GO RAMS
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-17-2011 at 08:26 PM.