Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

ClanRam Suggestion Box

As we approach a new season, I thought I'd ask an open-ended question:

What would you like to see here at the Clan to make the best Rams fan site on the web even better?

More polls? Fewer polls? More contests? More sub-forums? Different sub-forums? More interaction with fans of other teams?

We want to hear your thoughts.

In responding, feel free to be critical (just be polite). I can't promise that we'll make all the changes you suggest, but its helpful to know what the members are thinking.

Have at it!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam Suggestion Box

A new "pro football" forum might be good, what with the new league and arena to talk about(when/if it comes back).

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What would you like to see here at the Clan to make the best Rams fan site on the web even better?

Have at it!
    At least one mandatory debate per week featuring Nick and Avenger - limited to the off-season if need be, as Av is getting up there and it wouldn't be fair to usurp his energy for a full 52 weeks merely for the Clan's amusement. Heck, now that I think about it, I should have made this a poll question ... Anyone else in favor??

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I would like to see the return of the "smack" talk forum or something similar to it. I feel that we have lost some of the intensity and vigor that used to be exhibited when fans of opposing teams came by to extol the virtues of their respective teams (i.e. talk a little smack).

I do recall that sometimes the interaction with other fans got out of hand or even banal in some cases, but I believe that that is sometimes a small price to pay when other fans visit our site.

I am RAMarkable and I approve of this post.

WHAT SAY YE?

sorry, smack forum will not return, way to much work for the mods.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

One of the better features I have enjoyed has been "Football 101". I think it would be a HUGE step if we could get someone, say D'Marco Farr, Coach Spag's wife's hairdresser, or someone else with an inside track to come on here once per week and not only give us the basics like the thread started by our esteemed moderator HUbison, but also to give us the whens and hows when a certain formation or play relates to the Rams.

I'll drive over by Parkview High while I'm on vacation next month, and see if I can't hit Grant Wistrom up to see if he might be interested.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

What about some more organized chats, not necessarily ones with special guests? Maybe once a week or so, for an hour, set a time, open the chat, let's get together, and just shoot the breeze real time ...

Richbert88 is online now Registered User

How about a forum specifically for the gamers (Maddon and Strat type) and a FFL Forum that can take all that talk as well as any of the league stuff, or possibly sub forums for Clan specific leagues.

I also think it would be kewl for a Google Earth specific to the Rams and the Clan. You can put placemarks for the NFL Stadiums, training facilities and maybe on a voluntary basis place marks for the Clan members. Some members may be very interested in whose around them, and it may spark more Rams fellowship, ..........or more fights.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -06-25-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Semper Fi!

rams#1 Guest

I think that this board is fine the way it is.. it's already the best, I couldn't imagine it getting any better. but I would like to see a forum on here kinda like the smack forum, "I understand dez said it wouldn't return" that's fine, but maybe aless intense version of the smack. like a friendly forum that we can use to talk to our opponets. or an "NFC West" sub forum where you can talk about all 4 of the NFC west teams.

I personaly would like to s a forum where you can talk about religion. I understand that it is touchy for some, but believe it or not, the ones that are deep in religion out number the ones that aren't. it might be something to consider. those that don't want to talk about it, can just pretend that it doesn't exist, "the religion sub forum"
    Last edited by rams#1; -06-26-2009 at 03:07 AM.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Less sub forums.

Why would you go on a Rams forum to talk about religion? Why not go to a dedicated forum for that purpose? If we had a forum to discuss everyone's interests the list of options would be huge and confusing. Actually, no, let's have...

Gordon Brown forum ; discuss Britain's hapless Prime Minister here
    Krispy Kreme forum ; What's your favourite KK doughnut? Best store?
    adidas sneaker forum; The best three stripe shoe ever? Tell us!
    Hull City forum ; Discuss Filthy's favourite 'soccer' team here!

Nah, keep it simple, either as it is or with slightly less sub forums, NFL talk could be football talk and then include Arena and other leagues as wella s general NFL stuff.

I do think posts containing stories copied from the media should be listed as such, so you can tell which posts are just fan opinion and which are people quoting the media.
    Last edited by FilthyMcNasty; -06-26-2009 at 07:21 AM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Oooh! Definitely the Krispy Kreme forum! Good ol standard glazed man!

I do like the game forum idea seriously, however. Good for us FF'ers and Maddenites.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

There actually is a forum that's used for Fantasy Football discussion...

FANTASY - The ClanRam Forums

live4ramin is offline Registered User

How about a "chat with the cheerleaders forum? We could have dedicated websites for each one with video "conferencing" and for a small handling fee we could get their personal addresses and access to their undergarm....... PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. SOMEBODY HELP ME. PLEASE.
    Prepare to be amazed.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Not that I'm suggesting being a copycat, but what "Yahoo Answers" has is interesting, a rating system that shows how others feel not only about posts, but also answers, a thumbs up or down.

I feel this will encourage more research and careful thought out posts. The rep power system doesn't reflect efforts folks put in here and seems skewed. Check it out, see what you think.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Not that I'm suggesting being a copycat, but what "Yahoo Answers" has is interesting, a rating system that shows how others feel not only about posts, but also answers, a thumbs up or down.

I feel this will encourage more research and careful thought out posts. The rep power system doesn't reflect efforts folks put in here and seems skewed. Check it out, see what you think.
    LAR, my only comment to that is then you get people trying to one up another. You see it now with rep points, number of posts, etc. To me, none of that matters. All members here serve some sort of purpose. Some provide insight, some entertain, others agitate. They all provide a little piece of the whole that is Clanram. As each member learns that it is not about "them" they become better to the site.
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast