Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam Suggestion Box

When the season starts, I think we should have a player of the week award.

It should be voted on amongst the members and we can put it on the left side of that page.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

i was thinking if during the season we have like everyone choose which teams will win each week.

And then at the end of the year, the one who got the most wins correct gets rep points.....
    Just a thought so some can get rep points up

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks for the thread AV -- on behalf of Dez & ClanRam Mods. Very thoughtful...

Some great ideas so far! As for my myself, for now, I'm just fine with the way ClanRam is. I'm proud of this most excellent Rams site and impressed that it is willing to get even better.

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful work.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Things I like:

This site, its graphics and colors.

The mods and how they let things flow for the most part.

The new schedule on the left.

The smilies.

Polls when they have thought and preparation.

Things I don't like:

Smack talk forum, it was fun at first, but it boiled down to "you suck, no you suck!" and that got old very fast.

Ads all over the place. I know it pays the bills, but it seems like there are too many these days.

Writing *****, I know it's a bad word, but why can't I just write that instead of Whiners or San Francisco?

Things I am indifferent on:

All the other forums besides Ram Talk
    NFL Talk

One last thing...you all suck!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

LARAM is offline Registered User

How about someone set up a "Clanram Facebook Account", or at the very least a clanram group......I would't mind putting a face with a computer name.....Only for those willing to participate of course

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

It should be voted on amongst the members and we can put it on the left side of that page.
    I like this idea. Not only does it keep people engaged, but it also boosts the positivity around here even if it turns out to be a rebuilding year. It'd be good if the players drop by and see that we're recognizing individual performances, too.

LifeLongRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    How about someone set up a "Clanram Facebook Account", or at the very least a clanram group......I would't mind putting a face with a computer name.....Only for those willing to participate of course
    Why don't you just take a pic of yourself and put it on your avatar??

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Let me first start by saying that this board is fine the way it is. Take the below for what they're worth, they're just my 0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

I really like this one.

My Suggestions:
    • Bring Back The Clannies
    • A 'where are they now' segment, which profiles some of the more underappreciated Rams of seasons past (And Present-- I'm watching you, David Vobora)
    • I want in on next year's Clanram mock draft and I'm sure we have some other non-mods who feel the same way.
    • I like the Rep Power system. I think that it's an accurate reflection of both quality and quantity of content.

dpier1mc is offline Registered User

AR
    add a technical post section where in-depth play analysis and discussion of
    o and d schemes. one of the best posts i've read was a detailed breakdown of a single play of spags' press defence on a third and short.
    thx
    dpier1mc

maineram is offline Registered User

How about an, "Inside the Locker room with Barry Waller" ???

He's got great stuff on all things Rams when I'm in St. Louis at the Bashes. Just love to listen to his observations as well as his take on players & coaches. Would be a big hit here with everyone I'm sure, when training camp starts !!!

Chat room questions once a week ?

Maybe a premium member access only ?

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

While we are at it, why don't we do a feature called "Member of the week"? Maybe we can highlight some of the people who have helped make ClanRam the best place on the net, and get to know each other a little better?

This could also extend into a year-long "Get to know your Rams" feature, with a player bio and other info. 52 weeks, 53 players. Of course, we would need a "Mr. Irrelavent".

We could also have a "Get to know your Opponent" feature before each week's game - IF we could find someone who knows our opponents well.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    While we are at it, why don't we do a feature called "Member of the week"? Maybe we can highlight some of the people who have helped make ClanRam the best place on the net, and get to know each other a little better?

This could also extend into a year-long "Get to know your Rams" feature, with a player bio and other info. 52 weeks, 53 players. Of course, we would need a "Mr. Irrelavent".

We could also have a "Get to know your Opponent" feature before each week's game - IF we could find someone who knows our opponents well.
    I like your ideas. The only thing about a "Member of the week" is how to determine which "member" it would be. It would appear to me, that certain members, such as Nick, Avenger & Co. would usually end up being the highlights of the week, and there would be no system to determine this. You cannot just pick another one each week, because with so many members, how can you even cover a tiny portion in 52 weeks? If there is a way to determine this, I am all for it.

I Do like the "Get to know your Opponent" idea, and as for "finding someone who knows the opponent," we can always designate (by volunteer) individuals to research and monitor all the teams, and then to come together and produce a summary of the teams, as well as possibly a little posting on "what the Rams have to do to win this game/what the ? have to do to win this game". This could become a nice little weekly newsletter of sorts.

As for the latter, I would be more than willing to help with the putting of a weekly newsletter for the clan. This is something I think could be interesting, and in it, we could cover alot of stuff, from "player of the week", to various other things going on. We could just have a single sub-forum that is updated once a week for this. We could make sure, that going up to that date, it gets polished and or contributed to, and at the end of the week, it could be opened up to the public clan members for their viewing pleasure.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I miss the Clannies and the online games that used to be on here which made for some fun competition among the members. I think the Premium forum was a good idea, but hasn't worked out and should be scuttled.

Oh, and "certain" MODs should not be allowed to pile rep upon one another to keep their numbers loftier than thou's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    How about an, "Inside the Locker room with Barry Waller" ???

He's got great stuff on all things Rams when I'm in St. Louis at the Bashes. Just love to listen to his observations as well as his take on players & coaches. Would be a big hit here with everyone I'm sure, when training camp starts !!!

Chat room questions once a week ?

Maybe a premium member access only ?

Maineram -
    Totally agree with Rick, it would be great if Our Good friend Barry could come bye MORE often, one of the best people to talk Rams and life too... Barry just has a superb insight into All Rams items past and present...

Could this be done...?? cheers

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

itsguud is offline Registered User

This is something small. But kind of something that bothers me. I have only noticed it since about draft time. But having to scroll horizontally to see the posts now... I hate that. I used to like it before when the page would load and everything would be right there and only vertical scrolling was needed. Not sure why or exactly when it changed... but it bugs me.

Thanks. Still love the board!

GO RAMS!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast