Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: ClanRam Suggestion Box

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    This is something small. But kind of something that bothers me. I have only noticed it since about draft time. But having to scroll horizontally to see the posts now... I hate that. I used to like it before when the page would load and everything would be right there and only vertical scrolling was needed. Not sure why or exactly when it changed... but it bugs me.

Thanks. Still love the board!

GO RAMS!
    This doesn't happen to me. Maybe it's your computer settings?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I would like to see the return of the "smack" talk forum or something similar to it. I feel that we have lost some of the intensity and vigor that used to be exhibited when fans of opposing teams came by to extol the virtues of their respective teams (i.e. talk a little smack).

I do recall that sometimes the interaction with other fans got out of hand or even banal in some cases, but I believe that that is sometimes a small price to pay when other fans visit our site.

I am RAMarkable and I approve of this post.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Agreed. This is a close second behind my suggestion of allowing nudity (except for pics of Randy)

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I second the return of the Clannies. I saw the last one and thought it'd be so cool if I could win one, so bring em back so that I can hopefully do so!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by Itsguud
    This is something small. But kind of something that bothers me. I have only noticed it since about draft time. But having to scroll horizontally to see the posts now... I hate that. I used to like it before when the page would load and everything would be right there and only vertical scrolling was needed. Not sure why or exactly when it changed... but it bugs me.

Thanks. Still love the board!

GO RAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    This doesn't happen to me. Maybe it's your computer settings?

BBQ has a point.

I'm somewhat here, sorry.

About two, three weeks ago Microsoft updated Internet Explorer (to v.8) and that enabled a much better fit of the vast majority of web sites into WIDESCREEN monitors. Guud, are you using one of these widescreen LCDs?

It seems that the horizontal scroll bar, however, will remain under normal settings. I know what you mean about this bar being annoying (again, especially if you have a widescreen). But maybe the following info will help.

Whether widescreen or not, LCD or the older, conventional CRT monitor ... most likely you will have to adjust your screen resolution in order to accommodate the image to your preference; also, you might want to adjust the DPI setting to get a preferred font size.

I'm getting used to the horizontal scroll bar by moving it with the left / right arrows on keyboard. For the vertical bar I use 'Page up' / 'Page down' keys located above the arrow keys. I recently replaced my 17" CRT for a 20" widescreen monitor and after playing with it for a few days, i.e., trial and error, I've reached said compromise in image resolution and DPI and one thing is for sure: I now have a larger, easier (for me) to see display! Ha! ... bigger font, bigger - stronger RAMS!

In ClanRam I have this widescreen set to where the posts fit nicely in towards the right side of the screen, leaving the left column of the web site out of view but easily accessible with the horizontal scroll bar.

PS: Finally, it also seems that more and more web sites will compromise their own design to a happy medium point between widescreen and non-widescreen PC monitors.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-01-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Format + PS

supachump is offline Registered User

Technical request.

The color scheme is fine right now. But during the year you switch color schemes depending on whether it is a home or away game. I'd like the ability to turn that off and leave it like it is right now, permanently.

shower beers is offline Registered User

How about a "week in review" article at the end of each week, detailing all the important/semi-important events that happened around the clan and in Rams football. The article could mention everything in smaller scale to the original articles/events, and would provide someone with a quick up-to-speed account of all things Rams if they were unable to catch the news otherwise.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Agreed. This is a close second behind my suggestion of allowing nudity (except for pics of Randy)
    Shame on you Jack. Being so selfish and wanting to keep them all to yourself!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMcNasty View Post
    Less sub forums.

Why would you go on a Rams forum to talk about religion? Why not go to a dedicated forum for that purpose? If we had a forum to discuss everyone's interests the list of options would be huge and confusing. Actually, no, let's have...

Gordon Brown forum ; discuss Britain's hapless Prime Minister here
    Krispy Kreme forum ; What's your favourite KK doughnut? Best store?
    adidas sneaker forum; The best three stripe shoe ever? Tell us!
    Hull City forum ; Discuss Filthy's favourite 'soccer' team here!

Nah, keep it simple, either as it is or with slightly less sub forums, NFL talk could be football talk and then include Arena and other leagues as wella s general NFL stuff.

I do think posts containing stories copied from the media should be listed as such, so you can tell which posts are just fan opinion and which are people quoting the media.

100% Agreed...

As much as I enjoy it here, I've always found this site overly 'busy' with way too many sub-forums, countless options, privalige levels, posting rights, numerous additional options.. I really did, and still do find it waaaaaay to complex to take full advantage of.

This probably the reason for my low post count ratio when compared to time registered. I only ever use Ram Talk, and the Chat room on game days...period.

I still find it unbeliveably hard to find a straight forward 'two click link' to all my recent posts and responses. Unlike dare I say it, a Yuku site..

It's over complexity puts me off....but hey, you can't have it all.

Keep it simple sweetheart......(K.I.S.S.)

Still only my 2 quid

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Stop with the faux Bernie M posts. Infantile nonsense.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

BernieM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Someone has been impersonating me?

I agree... that has to stop!

MoonJoe is online now Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Actually infantile refers to "infant" which would mean that babies were writing those post's. I think you actually mean juvenile. Personally, sometimes I think the world could use a little more juvenile humor to break up the daily barrage of doom and gloom...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Actually infantile refers to "infant" which would mean that babies were writing those post's. I think you actually mean juvenile. Personally, sometimes I think the world could use a little more juvenile humor to break up the daily barrage of doom and gloom...
    In my limited experience infantile is generally regarded as childish, or weak.

A step up from that would be 'juvenile' (which can be a synonym for infantile) and then progresses up to 'sophomoric'(which again can be interchangeable with the other two).

Personally, I appreciate the humor and would miss it if it were to go away. Not to mention I'd be missing at least half of my rep points?
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -07-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    In my limited experience infantile is generally regarded as childish, or weak.

A step up from that would be 'juvenile' (which can be a synonym for infantile) and then progresses up to 'sophomoric'(which again can be interchangeable with the other two).

Personally, I appreciate the humor and would miss it if it were to go away. Not to mention I'd be missing at least half of my rep points?
    This infantile nonsense is so juvenile that it's sophomoric.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Not that I'm suggesting being a copycat, but what "Yahoo Answers" has is interesting, a rating system that shows how others feel not only about posts, but also answers, a thumbs up or down.

I feel this will encourage more research and careful thought out posts. The rep power system doesn't reflect efforts folks put in here and seems skewed. Check it out, see what you think.
    you can rate threads now.

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    How about someone set up a "Clanram Facebook Account", or at the very least a clanram group......I would't mind putting a face with a computer name.....Only for those willing to participate of course
    you can do that now by creating your own album in your usercp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast