Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ClanRam Wall of Fame

Talking ClanRam Wall of Fame

You will notice a new link added at the top (The ClanRam Forums - ClanRam Wall of Fame) where you can now view ClanRams wall of fame.

Note that 2012 is missing.

I will now take nominations for ClanRams 2012 inductee.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam Wall of Fame

I nominate:

Two Time NFL MVP

and

Super Bowl XXXIV MVP

Kurt Warner

Last edited by Curly Horns; -11-06-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: added credentials

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'd like to see BRUUUUCE, but I guess we'll see!
    ramsbruce likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page updated again, check it out

Oh, and remember the rep

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'd like to see BRUUUUCE
    As would I.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Although Warner and Bruce are both worthy candidates, I'd like to see old Rams legends who established the Rams name and who are in the HOF in Canton before I recognize those more recent. There will be time for guys like Warner and Bruce. But let's not forget those players who wore the Rams horns years ago, and helped establish the Rams as a relevant NFL organization. If we don't honor them now, when?

I can think of three such candidates that are not on the Wall:

Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch
    Norm Van Brocklin
    Bob Waterfield
    RamDez likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Although Warner and Bruce are both worthy candidates, I'd like to see old Rams legends who established the Rams name and who are in the HOF in Canton before I recognize those more recent. There will be time for guys like Warner and Bruce. But let's not forget those players who wore the Rams horns years ago, and helped establish the Rams as a relevant NFL organization. If we don't honor them now, when?

I can think of three such candidates that are not on the Wall:

Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch
    Norm Van Brocklin
    Bob Waterfield
    Well, if you were familiar with the history of the ClaRam Wall of Fame it would be more understandable in how the list evolved.

I have commented on this in the past and I stand firm in my belief that a Wall like this should start with a core group of players. Those would be Rams players that played their entire career with the Rams and then landed in the HOF.

Those players would be as follows:

MERLIN OLSEN
    BOB WATERFIELD
    TOM FEARS
    LES RICHTER
    TOM MACK
    JACK YOUNGBLOOD
    JACKIE SLATER

Now I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying. However, since the Wall took another path in the way it came to currently be Kurt Warner has earned the right to be on the current Wall as much and IMO more so than some of the other players on the Wall.

I mean, come on!! He is a two time NFL MVP with the Rams, and what's more, he is the only Super Bowl MVP in the history of the franchise. If that does not earn a player a spot on the ClanRam Wall of Fame; then what the hell does?

macrammer likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

to the only QB that got us to the SB promised land.........I second the nomination of Kurt Warner

I have taken the decision to pick the first name on the wall of Fame.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Well, if you were familiar with the history of the ClaRam Wall of Fame it would be more understandable in how the list evolved.

I have commented on this in the past and I stand firm in my belief that a Wall like this should start with a core group of players. Those would be Rams players that played their entire career with the Rams and then landed in the HOF.

Those players would be as follows:

MERLIN OLSEN
    BOB WATERFIELD
    TOM FEARS
    LES RICHTER
    TOM MACK
    JACK YOUNGBLOOD
    JACKIE SLATER

Now I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying. However, since the Wall took another path in the way it came to currently be Kurt Warner has earned the right to be on the current Wall as much and IMO more so than some of the other players on the Wall.

I mean, come on!! He is a two time NFL MVP with the Rams, and what's more, he is the only Super Bowl MVP in the history of the franchise. If that does not earn a player a spot on the ClanRam Wall of Fame; then what the hell does?

I totaly agree with you that Kurt Warner (who is one of my all-time favorite Rams) should be on the wall. As does Bruce. I simply feel that although the current list includes some of the old greats, it is missing some very important players that helped build the Rams name and history.

Warner is not far-removed from the game, and his time WILL come. I just feel that in the big picture, guys like "crazy-legs" cannot be forgotten or ignored.

...or maybe it's just because I'm old too. LOL!!
    RamDez likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I totaly agree with you that Kurt Warner (who is one of my all-time favorite Rams) should be on the wall. As does Bruce. I simply feel that although the current list includes some of the old greats, it is missing some very important players that helped build the Rams name and history.

Warner is not far-removed from the game, and his time WILL come. I just feel that in the big picture, guys like "crazy-legs" cannot be forgotten or ignored.

...or maybe it's just because I'm old too. LOL!!
    I understand.

Personally, I don't like the way the list came to be. I think it should have been my previously mentioned core group and then the old-timers.

But, like I stated, it did not go that way. So the damage has been done with a recent guy like Faulk, a somewhat recent guy like Ellard, and a somewhat questionable guy like Irvin all getting on the list before some of the old-timers.

Anyways, I respect your opinion and I don't generally disagree, it's just that the list is already "out of order" so to speak, in my opinion. I and a few others have been arguing about this thing since it started and I think we have been heard because Dez has made some major improvements in the last few years.

I guess the thing that gripes me the most is that Faulk is on the list. I'm not that oposed to waiting on Warner to get the old-timers, but if Warner has to wait then Faulk should have had to wait.

And since he did not, it would only be fitting that the dynamic duo, (as they were often referred to) should go on in successive years.

Forever linked together.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I understand.

Personally, I don't like the way the list came to be. I think it should have been my previously mentioned core group and then the old-timers.

But, like I stated, it did not go that way. So the damage has been done with a recent guy like Faulk, a somewhat recent guy like Ellard, and a somewhat questionable guy like Irvin all getting on the list before some of the old-timers.

Anyways, I respect your opinion and I don't generally disagree, it's just that the list is already "out of order" so to speak, in my opinion. I and a few others have been arguing about this thing since it started and I think we have been heard because Dez has made some major improvements in the last few years.

I guess the thing that gripes me the most is that Faulk is on the list. I'm not that oposed to waiting on Warner to get the old-timers, but if Warner has to wait then Faulk should have had to wait.

And since he did not, it would only be fitting that the dynamic duo, (as they were often referred to) should go on in successive years.

Forever linked together.

"FOREVER LINKED TOGETHER"

You're not getting all romantic on us are you Ferter?
    Curly Horns likes this.

I used the start date of 1997 for the wall of fame as that was when ClanRam started.

HOWEVER

I became a Rams fan in 1979.

SO, I am toying with the idea of changing the start date to then It is my site after all LOL

What are the thoughts of the Clan?
    Curly Horns likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I used the start date of 1997 for the wall of fame as that was when ClanRam started.

HOWEVER

I became a Rams fan in 1979.

SO, I am toying with the idea of changing the start date to then It is my site after all LOL

What are the thoughts of the Clan?
    1979 was a good year to become a Ram fan I think your idea is great and the open years could be used to honor old time Ram greats
    RamDez and Curly Horns like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast