throwback week

Thread: Claude Terrell

RamsFan16 Guest

Claude Terrell

Another person brought this to me. We see all of this talk of our Poor Oline play and us needing to Target an Offensive Guard in the upcoming draft, but where does this man fit in? I mean last season, he filled in well for us I thought.

Opinions.

chipperjones Guest

Re: Claude Terrell

Not sure, I thought he played fairly well also.I think we should go after a DT.I really like Claude though.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    where does this man fit in?
    As a back-up. I do not envision him as a starter at either guard position, but he'd make for a nice back-up. He has to get his weight under control.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As a back-up. I do not envision him as a starter at either guard position, but he'd make for a nice back-up. He has to get his weight under control.
    Well assuming that his wrist heals and he does the smart thing and gets his weight under control and shows up at the 2007 training camp in shape do you think that he has a shot to start for us. Do you also think that with the drafting of Matt Setterstrom is officially setting our goals for Claude Terrell as a backup. Unless Claude is supposed to be the future starter who will end up taking the place of our fan favorite Mr. Timmerman.?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    Well assuming that his wrist heals and he does the smart thing and gets his weight under control and shows up at the 2007 training camp in shape do you think that he has a shot to start for us. Do you also think that with the drafting of Matt Setterstrom is officially setting our goals for Claude Terrell as a backup. Unless Claude is supposed to be the future starter who will end up taking the place of our fan favorite Mr. Timmerman.?
    I would hope not. He was okay in 2005 but I don't recall being exceptionally impressed. Again, I consider Terrell a solid back-up at this point, and until something changes that's the same way I feel about Setterstrom. I like his potential, but our line is so poor that we can't just sit back and start unproven guys to see if they work out. We need studs on this line, which is why I think a guard either in free agency or in the draft (or both) is where we need to look this spring.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Country Guest

Terrell is our fifth best OL on the team and i expect him to be starting at RG next year. I think it is time for Timmerman or McCollum to be put out to pasture their ages make them to big of an injury risk.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Terrell is our fifth best OL on the team and i expect him to be starting at RG next year.
    Starting based on what though? Like Nick said he wasn't that impressive in 2005 and this year he came in fat and his injury put him on the shelf. I think it's hard to just pencil him in as a starter next year based on what we know so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.