Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Claude Terrell..........again.

"Team sources later said that offensive guard Claude Terrell "mouthed off" during practice at Linehan, which led to Linehanís outburst of anger. Linehan later declined comment on the matter." Jim Thomas - Post Dispatch

Though I think quite a few members here would like to mouth off at Linehan, I find this to be "another" example of poor and inappropriate judgement on the part of Dirt Claude. And I'll say it again, he should already be gone. It's addition by subtraction. Even as beat up as the Rams are right now.

Semper Fi!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Claude Terrell..........again.

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    It's addition by subtraction. Even as beat up as the Rams are right now.
    Normally it would be, but who do we replace him with? McCollum is playing center while Romberg is out. Behind Terrell is... Leckey, who is also backing up McCollum? We have had too many injuries to the O-line to be able to have the luxury of cutting someone, but he should not have a future here IMO.

I understand you point completely Nick. But, I am in history mode now, I've not been a Terrel fan for a while. He should have been cut loose several months back, and that would have made getting a competent OG team player type guy more of an issue. Now we're stuck with a malcontent who knows we need him. Who would we have gotten, I don't know, but having him kept us from thinking to seriously about getting someone else.
    Semper Fi!

chiguy is offline Registered User

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Rumors that Claude's statement to Linehan was "SLOP says hello!" are unconfirmed at this time.

denverram is offline Registered User

For whatever reason these guys do not get along. As a coach you have to show the team that you are in complete control no matter what the cost. I understand the concerns about not having anyone to replace him with but what is cutting him going to cost us...Its not like we have a banner season going anyway. Now is the perfect time to make this kind of statement. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by cutting him

If you do not cut Terrell you not only lose games, which we seem to fairly good at, you lose RESPECT from the rest of the team.

If linehan has any self repect he would cut this clown and deal with the ramifications.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    For whatever reason these guys do not get along. As a coach you have to show the team that you are in complete control no matter what the cost. I understand the concerns about not having anyone to replace him with but what is cutting him going to cost us...Its not like we have a banner season going anyway. Now is the perfect time to make this kind of statement. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by cutting him

If you do not cut Terrell you not only lose games, which we seem to fairly good at, you lose RESPECT from the rest of the team.

If linehan has any self repect he would cut this clown and deal with the ramifications.
    Despite the dire nature of the OL situation, I completely agree with you here denverram. What Terrell is doing underminds Linehan and hurts the team. Your observation that this is the perfect time to make this kind of statement is spot on IMO. Terrell needs to go, the sooner the better. There is just no place for a player showing a defiant bad attitude when the team is struggling to get back on track.

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Why hasn't Dustin Fry been promoted from the practice squad? Then he could play centre and we slide McCollum over to guard.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

And what exactly has Claud Terrell done that is worse than what Leonard Little has done? Oh yeah, I forgot, he is our premier pass rusher.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    And what exactly has Claud Terrell done that is worse than what Leonard Little has done? Oh yeah, I forgot, he is our premier pass rusher.
    Well, just what did Little do that is relevant to FATBOY's issue?

And another thing, I don't recall L. Little ever acting like a disrespectful ass to the HC. FATBOY Terrell has shown his true value (no, not the hardware store) and needs to be dealt with quickly if Linnysham wants to retain any scrap of credibility.

WHAT SAY YE?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Honestly, WTH does Little have to do with this. We're discussing an individual that has shown a continuous lack of judgement and a poor attitude, in the context of "his job", actually on the field or in the facility. Any comparison is ludicrous.

And I agree, the Rams are in the midst of a poor season and Linehan needs to show strength and control in order to be the leader in this situation. So Dirt Claude looks primed to be made an example of. Wouldn't bother me a bit. He also needs to work with some vets to get some players stepping up as leaders. I the past when this sort of thing happened, their were vets speaking up and butts got canned. Can't remember the exact instance at this moment, but I think it was in the Vermeil era, something with a DLman free agent from KC.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -10-19-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Semper Fi!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I have to agree with most of you, this could be a turning point for this team,back that yelling up with some action,can we afford the lose of another lineman,no but it would send a strong statement.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Terrell clearly needs to be reprimanded. I recommend no more snacks between snacks until we finally win a game.