Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Claude Terrell: Where's the Truth!?!?!?!

Okay, folks... let's review.

On March 31, the following was posted by Nick Wagoner at StLouisRams.com:

I saw guard Claude Terrell briefly Wednesday and he looks good. He has dropped some weight and seems to have added some muscle. There is still plenty of time between now and the season for him to get all the way into shape, but it's good to know that he's off to a good start. He is potentially a very important player to this offense this season and in the future.
    Then, Jim Thomas chimed in with a far-less favorable report on Terrell:

Claude Terrell - showed up for offseason conditioning much heavier than expected.
    Now, Wagoner seems to have changed his emphasis:

Rams | Terrell not out of the picture
    Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:19:37 -0700
    Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports despite <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl">St. Louis Rams G Claude Terrell arriving at camp overweight and out of condition, he still has the inside track to be the team's starting left guard. While a punishing run blocker, the team is concerned about his ability to move in space.
    Um.... what the Hell!!?!?!?!?!?!

Terrell "looks good," "dropped weight," "added muscle," and yet, arrived at camp "overweight and out of condition."

Does that mean he was so out of shape before that even after losing weight and gaining muscle he's still a big fat slob? And, if that is the case, why would Wagoner say he "looks good" and why mention the weight loss/muscle gain, much less LEAD WITH IT!?!?!?!

Bad reporting?

Propaganda?

Split personality?

Or... could it be that the people that report on their team really don't know what the Hell they are talking about?

You be the judge.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Claude Terrell: Where's the Truth!?!?!?!

Sometimes, I'm not sure Wagoner exactly knows what he's talking about. LOL
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I watched a movie called "where the truth lies" tonight and that movie was bad enough to frighten me. There comes a time when all actors should give up the naked scenes and move on.....
    but who knows perhaps it is a big thrill to be naked on the big screen. :tut

But you are talking about Nick Wagoner and where his thoughts are......

Perhaps he got the player's names mixed up and he was talking about someone else.....

Mabye he was throwing out general impressions without thinking about last year in detail.....

Maybe he said something and realized it was not correct and he changed his mind....

Avenger, you must be good at playing a lawyer, since you love to look at the details, and find flaws in the consistancy of the material....

Is it necessary to give the writers a hard time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Maybe. Just maybe. Someone needs contacts or glasses. I'm guessing he showed up overweight because of Muscle.
    RamsFan16

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Cant trust the media.Some reporter saw Claude Terrel all wrapped up in warm clothes because it might have been cold outside"Oh Claudes out of shape and fat".Same day.Claudes in the gym,takes of his gear and hes a lean mean blockin machine."hey Claude Terrell is in great shape.Now this is why we call them the drive by media.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

RealRam is offline Registered User

Self-quoted from the "Some KFFL notes", by .Ramfan. thread:

Thanks for the report, .Ramfan.

Yes, good to learn about Richie Incognito being in 'great shape'. It may be sooner than later that he is placed as a regular on our OL.

As for Terrell, I trust the Rams training department will get him into form. Seems he's a naturally BIG man, so I wonder how much he weighs when he's considered "overweight"?

350? hone:

It's the offseason -- give or take 30 pounds!

As RF16 and Psycho have said, it could all be a matter of being "HEAVY" due to mean, monstrous MUSCLE. Muscle, heavier than fat, everyone knows that!

Just out of curiosity, however, I'd like to know how much our good friend Claude weighs right now. 360? Again, he is normally a big, low-center-of-gravity guard. Last year he was playing at 345 lbs.

He's also a very smart individual. I'm not at all worried about his physical condition in terms of weight or 'shape'. He and our elite trainers will have him ready to play football, not to mention his veteran peers and coaches.

Do your thing CT! :clanram:

This season Terrell will continue learning how to make nice pancakes, too!

The youngster made some mistakes last year and I'm sure he's intelligent and responsible to prepare mentally and physically from here on. I believe he'll carry his weight well, pun intended.

Hey, maybe No. 75 is one of our massive secret weapons! :angryram:

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Is it necessary to give the writers a hard time?
    Absolutely.

We don't get access to the team like they do, and the least they can do is provide us with accurate and consistent reporting.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Good thing you aren't a fan of a NY team AV, with 50 beat writers or what seems like that many for one team would drive you crazy.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I'm excited to see how Terrell performs this season.
    Remember,the guy can bench press an elephant.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

coy bacon is offline Registered User

What's wrong with you guys! Beating up on sports writers again! Shame on you.

Why do you expect something that they are not going to deliver? Geez, they're only sports writers. If as Sgt. Friday you expect to get "the facts ma'am", you're going to be disappointed.

"O Accuracy, Truth, ! wherefore art thou?"

Plaheeze.

Cut them some slack, and lower your expectations, it'll keep your blood pressure down. I've told you guys time and time again, they have to write for a living, and the quality of their work is often not very good.

For example, how many of you have had a good laugh at Mel Keipers (sp) draft predictions / analysis?

Take anything they write with a big grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Cut them some slack, and lower your expectations
    I'm reminded of a great line from the movie Broadcast News:

"What do you think the Devil is going to look like if he's around? Nobody is going to be taken in if he has a long, red, pointy tail. No. I'm semi-serious here. He will look attractive and he will be nice and helpful and he will get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation and he will never do an evil thing... he will just bit by little bit lower standards where they are important."

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

"Remember,the guy can bench press an elephant."
    Maybe so psycho but I just hope he doesn't eat him afterwards. I'm really hoping that I don't have to break out that old title "FAT BOY" again. I was so glad to be done with it after Pace finally signed, (and I know GC was too). C'mon Claude, don't be a "clod" and get yourself in shape. The dreaded "FAT BOY" moniker is an ugly thing to deal with.

The truth? WE CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH!

As Coy just mentioned, it is all a matter of taking it with a grain of salt...

The so-called professional attitude of many "writers" today is akin to the scavenger-like attitude of the paparazzi, vultures among vultures jumping in on a piece of decomposed meat, fighting their way in just to take a shot at coming up with what they consider 'a prize', an article.

:clanram: It's up to us, the intelligent readers, to believe -- or not -- everything we read. Thus we learn to be selective.

Now, here's Wagoner's latest explanation:

-Terrell's physical conditioning must get better. When he arrived, he did look better than he did at the end of last year, but that must have just been some flattering clothing. He is clearly not in the shape the coaching staff had hoped for and he needs to put in the time and effort if he wants to get to that level. Todd Steussie worked some at left guard in the first practice.
    So, the mystery is solved! It was the "flattering clothing"!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Man, I need to find out where Claude shops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast