Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Claude Wroten Reminds Me Why Victor Adeyanju Is One Of My Favorite Rams

Claude Wroten. A ton of talent wasted due to an inability to stay away from a certain herb. A guy who could have been a star in this league who, instead, will be lucky to get a gig in Canada next year.

Victor Adeyanju. A limited amount of talent but, by all accounts, a great work ethic. A guy who exudes an appreciation for his opportunity to make a living playing a game.

When picking our favorite players, its not always about talent. Give me a player who'd run through a brick wall for the team. Give me more Victor Adeyanjus.

Ironically, Adeyanju may be the solution for Wroten's folly. At 6'4, 280, and with good skill as a run stopper, he may be the best candidate to provide depth and rotation help at DT.

One thing I know. If the coaches ask him to line up inside, he'll sprint to the huddle.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Claude Wroten Reminds Me Why Victor Adeyanju Is One Of My Favorite Rams

Amen dude. And another great thing about it is Victor dosent do it for himself. He does it for his father. They moved from Nigeria to America and his dad became a cab driver. He says when he gets enough money he's giving it to his dad so he can retire. He's a hard working, blue collar, family man. Those are always good to have.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I must have missed something. Where are we getting this "ton of talent" thing from for Wroten? Are you talking about his college days? Because as we all know- talent in college is certainly no sure thing to equalling talent in the NFL. If that were the case, drafting would be a hell of lot easier and Ryan Leaf would be posing for his bust in the HOF. Wroten has shown absolutely nothing at the pro level other than he has no control over himself or his actions.

Josh Guest

Ryan Leaf wasnt A bust.. He was a victim of the Situation. he had the talent. he just didint get to use it in the right way. the chargers should take some of the blame upon themeselves. he was thrown in to be the starter way before he was ready. unlike Peyton manning, Ryan did not have A Marshall Faulk or a Marvin Harrison to Play with.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Ryan Leaf wasnt A bust.. He was a victim of the Situation. he had the talent. he just didint get to use it in the right way. the chargers should take some of the blame upon themeselves. he was thrown in to be the starter way before he was ready. unlike Peyton manning, Ryan did not have A Marshall Faulk or a Marvin Harrison to Play with.
    Ryan Leaf was most certainly a bust, talent or no talent around him. There's a reason that whenever talk of busts comes up, his name is always mentioned. The two are nearly one in the same.

Sucks about Wroten though. Some people just gotta party.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    First off, I think he most certainly was a bust and 99.9% of anyone who watched him play would agree with that. Secondly, I didn't call him a bust in my statement, I said that if college talent is what everyone is basing their "ton of talent" and "boatloads of potential" on, then they're crazy. If that really mattered, Ryan Leaf would be posing for his BUST in the Hall of Fame and not be golf coach at West Texas A&M university now.

Josh Guest

who's to say that with a better team around him he wouldn't have been like or better than peyton manning? you can't tell me that a quarterback with NO Talent Around him would still be sucessfull. Dude had all the tools, but he didnt have the Talent around Him. That's all there is to it. Put peyton manning in an offense with.

WR 1- Mike Williams
    WR 2- Charles Rogers
    WR 3- David Boston.

Thats just a list of some of the bigger busts at the wr position. I don't care who the Quarterback Is. Peyton manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, (06) You will not be successful. Put him in peyton mannings Offense And you Might see another ryan leaf Than what your used to.

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    First off, I think he most certainly was a bust and 99.9% of anyone who watched him play would agree with that. Secondly, I didn't call him a bust in my statement, I said that if college talent is what everyone is basing their "ton of talent" and "boatloads of potential" on, then they're crazy. If that really mattered, Ryan Leaf would be posing for his BUST in the Hall of Fame and not be golf coach at West Texas A&M university now.

I Knew what you were Implying though. He was a star in college, but didnt show up in the pros. that's it.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Josh, Surely you josh about Ryan Leaf. He is the biggest bust of all time, A head case that couldn't read a complex defensive scheme if he had to, O wait a minute he did & you saw the results. Be serious, when the play book was thrown to him he couldn't comprehend half of what was in it. This is why he no longer plays in the NFL. If he had any kind of knowledge of how to play in the NFL he would still be in the league, at least as a backup.

Josh Guest

You saw what happend to david Carr. he came in with the texans and now is considered a Bust.. Thats not fair because he got drafted to an expansion team, and by the time he got weapons around him he was screwed. Maybe Ryan Leaf didnt care enough about the NFL, But I simply don't like the BUST Lable.

Josh Guest

I respect all of your opinions, but I have a problem saying a player is a bust. even if he does suck.

chiguy is offline Registered User

David Carr's situation is vastly different than Leaf's, starting with the fact that he isn't completely selfish and shows no talent for getting himself in trouble.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Wow, this guy Josh must be related to Leaf or something...

Anyway, to stay on topic, Adeyanju has been a decent (but not great) player so far, this could be the year that he breaks out. I agree with Avenger that he could be a very good option to line up inside with his skillset, I would definitely try that out if I were Haslett. And now that we have Long on board we aren't as pressured to keep Adeyanju at end just because we have no one else. We are still thin at DE though but they should try out Adeyanju inside - he could end up as a great backup/situational player who can play all the spots along the D-line whenever someone needs a breather or goes down with injury.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I just looked up the word "IDIOT" in the dictionary.

There's a picture of Claude Wroten!

Unbelievable!!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Going back to Moloch's original point, how can you say that Wroten doesn't have loads of talent? Just because he hasn't exhibited that talent at the NFL level does not mean he doesn't have it. He had the potential for being a huge bargain in the 3rd round when we drafted him, because he had shown constant 1st round talent in college. He dropped in the draft because of drugs and now will lose his place in the NFL because of it. Not because of a lack of talent.

It won't happen, but I wish that the Rams would hang a poster of him on the wall in the locker room, with the saying "Don't let your talent go up in a cloud of smoke" or something like that. Wroten could have been great, he just didn't feel like it.

That's the difference between Wroten and the guy on the chargers, Luis Castillo. Before the 2005 draft he was found positive for steroids because he had gotten injured and it was offered to him to be able to perform fully at the combine, which he did. Instead of trying to fight it, Castillo manned up and wrote a letter swearing to every coach and GM that he would return his whole signing bonus if he was ever found positive again. AJ Smith and Schottenheimer too the chance on Castillo and he has since been one of the hardest workers on the Charger's D Line and has since signed a long term, high paying deal if I remember correctly.

That could have been Wroten, but only if Wroten had decided to grow up, which obviously he hasn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast