Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Clayton comments on camp 7-31-07

He had this to say about Carriker

Clayton said : What has gotten in to Adam Carriker? He was a 290 lb college DE coming into the draft. And now he is a 310lb monster at nose tackle for the Rams. I watched him throw around interior offensive linemen today. Maybe it was working with Howie Long this offseason, I don't know. It looks like the Rams should be able to stop the run, finally. It looks like the Rams finally nailed it on a DT after drafting so many busts.

Also said Bulger looks as accurate as he has ever seen...

Rams are focusing on Red Zone offense... Bennett and McMicheal getting alot of balls

And Jackson is preparing for a big year... wants 2,500 Total yards
    Last edited by RamWraith; -07-31-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Clayton was a camp 7-31-07, talking Carriker

Speaking of Howie Long, is his boy coming out next year? DE?
    Semper Fi!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

(sing it with me now)
    "just a good ol' boy... (dum do be dum do be dum) throwin' 'round the O-line...
    (dum do be dum do be dum) "never in trouble with the law, workin out on days off, to help this team stuff the run..." dum do be dum

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yes, Howie Long's son is a senior at UVA, so he'll be out next year. I happen to know this well because my parents usher for events at UVA including football. My dad's seen Howie a few times at basketball games too.

BigDaddyPace Guest

YES!!!!! This is just the news I have been wanting to hear out of camp all week long!

Country Guest

Re: Clayton comments on camp 7-31-07

Its nice to hear from a guy that always does solid reporting. Carrikers strength and intensity should autimatically be an upgrade over Jimmy Kennedy who was about as soft as you can be on the nose.

Carriker will have his rookie struggles, but I am guessing that by week 6 he is playing like a vet.

p.s I would love to get Chris Long in the draft next year that would provide the Rams with an intense DL.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Man, the season can't start soon enough. I'm buying a new jersey and I'm contemplating what number to get. But I'm getting close to choosing one.

...what number is Carriker wearing?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Man, the season can't start soon enough. I'm buying a new jersey and I'm contemplating what number to get. But I'm getting close to choosing one.

...what number is Carriker wearing?
    He's been wearing 90 in camp, and most stores are selling his jersey as 90, so unless something major happens (bring in a famous vet who also wears 90), he will be wearing 90 during the season.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    He had this to say about Carriker

Clayton said : What has gotten in to Adam Carriker? He was a 290 lb college DE coming into the draft. And now he is a 310lb monster at nose tackle for the Rams. I watched him throw around interior offensive linemen today. Maybe it was working with Howie Long this offseason, I don't know. It looks like the Rams should be able to stop the run, finally. It looks like the Rams finally nailed it on a DT after drafting so many busts.

Also said Bulger looks as accurate as he has ever seen...

Rams are focusing on Red Zone offense... Bennett and McMicheal getting alot of balls

And Jackson is preparing for a big year... wants 2,500 Total yards
    So let me get this straight. A couple of weeks ago Bar-bq started a thread in the NFL Talk forum regarding Clayton's 5 teams to make a turnaround. The RAMS weren't one of those teams.

So

Mr. Clayton,

You're saying the RAMS look like they should be able to stop the run? However won't be able to improve on an 8-8 record from the 2006 season?:x Might be time to rewind and edit you're 5 teams to make a turn around eh?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So let me get this straight. A couple of weeks ago Bar-bq started a thread in the NFL Talk forum regarding Clayton's 5 teams to make a turnaround. The RAMS weren't one of those teams.

So

Mr. Clayton,

You're saying the RAMS look like they should be able to stop the run? However won't be able to improve on an 8-8 record from the 2006 season?:x Might be time to rewind and edit you're 5 teams to make a turn around eh?
    Hopefully he will be forced to eat a rather large slice of humble pie come February..

39thebeast is offline Registered User

2 espn people on board on the rams boat.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I don't think AC will struggle, he's been used to working like a pro at Nebraska. It's been a easy transition for him. I also think with the addition of AC we'll see a reprise of Glover. I think we now have a top 10 D line.

Keenum is offline Registered User

It looks to me like a lot of people think the Rams are able to do something this year, but nobody wants to take a chance on them.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    He's been wearing 90 in camp, and most stores are selling his jersey as 90, so unless something major happens (bring in a famous vet who also wears 90), he will be wearing 90 during the season.
    Short of a trade for Julius Peppers (no, that's not going to happen), Adam Carriker = #90.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I keep waiting to wake up from this dream. Haven't seen nor read a single thing that concerns me in any way regarding Carriker. In a world of Tanks, Pac-Mans, Odells, and (unfortunately) Fakhirs, it is almost inconceivable to have a guy like Carriker whose only apparent desire is to better himself on the field.

I carried Kennedy's water for a long time, and painfully waited to hear just a small level of consistent effort coming from him. Were he still here, I'd still be hoping for it. But with Carriker, I've already seen more desire for superiority in one summer than in all of Kennedy's time here.

Hopefully, all this hype is translated to the field, but all signs are good at this point.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast