sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Clayton a lock to be back?

"Free agent Mark Clayton (knee surgery) is expected to re-sign with the Rams, according to ESPN's John Clayton.
    Clayton, who is coming off a patellar tendon tear, worked out for the Rams on Wednesday. Even though an early-season impact is unlikely, it appears the Rams are ready to stash him on an incentive-laden deal. Clayton is a good bet to start the year on the PUP list, leaving him off the fantasy radar."

If he is good to go for the beginning of the summer, damn. Imaging Clayton and MSW on opposite sides of the field? This competition continues to get thicker if he returns, unless he is put on the PUP list. Then 6 weeks into the season he finally gets a chance to play. I'd like to see him back, but were going to have to let someone with a lot of potential go.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Clayton a lock to be back?

I've been thinking it's a no brainer for a while. We sign him to a vet minimum deal to save money up front, but then load up the incentives to something reasonable, and then we stash him on the PUP list until he can practice(preaseason), OR until week seven where either DX's knees have blown, someone else is hurt, or we just need a kick in the pants mid season. This way we get him locked up and in our meeting room to learn the offense, and in our trainer's office to make sure he's rehabbing fine.

Now go get him signed, PUP him, and watch him come back and have an Ed Reed year and get 10 TD's in 10 games!
    I believe!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Clayton a lock to be back?

Also, Clayton is completely wrong: he'll make an excellent addition to sneak onto my fantasy roster mid year after I lose someone to injury.
    I believe!