Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Clayton mentions Rams in 'Early Super Bowl Favorites for 2014'

demiurge is offline Registered User

Clayton mentions Rams in 'Early Super Bowl Favorites for 2014'

Nice to see the franchise get a little respect.

Of course, he mentions Seattle as the #1 favorite, San Fran as #2, and mentions the Cardinals as well. 8 teams get mentioned. But to even get in that discussion is a step forward for this team.

The NFC West is ready for a long dominant run, and the Rams should be right in the mix for years to come.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Clayton mentions Rams in 'Early Super Bowl Favorites for 2014'

If you can make the playoffs in the West I think you have a shot to win it.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

The NFC West is, by far, the best division in football. We're not Seattle just yet, but I'm pretty sure Clemens wound up scoring more points on MNF against the Seahawks than Peyton's team in the Superbowl. I don't know if that means anything but it sure seemed like we had their number at the time. I expect every NFC West game is going to be considered playoff calibur and just damn good games to watch. We've got a stingy defense in tact which should get even better following this offseason. It all hinges on our offensive line and whether Sam can deliver for us the way Kaepernick and Wilson are...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

While it means nothing towards the playoffs this year, I think its worth noting that the Rams had a lot of "quality losses." In fact, 6 of the team's 9 losses came against 10 win teams.

I can see that being viewed as as an "arrow pointing up" factor.
    Varg6 likes this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Im glad the Seahawks won the SB-- not because I like them, but for the simple reason that SB winning teams tend to have down years after the win-- and hopefully that bodes well for the Rams.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Im glad the Seahawks won the SB-- not because I like them, but for the simple reason that SB winning teams tend to have down years after the win-- and hopefully that bodes well for the Rams.
    Yep.

And I like what it does to their players salary demands going forward...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Seattle has maybe one more year before they come crashing back down. After next year they have three contracts that are going to explode, Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, and Russell Wilson's 3rd round contract renegotiation. This year they also have a few one year free agents that they need to make decisions on as well, so they're going to be hard pressed to keep their depth, not to mention starters.
    I believe!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The NFC West teams prove one key point--if your not a tough, physical and DOMINATE, team in some aspect, your chances of winning drop significantly.

The Powers in the NFC, like Packers, Saints, Eagles and so on, are good teams. But their records when pitted against NFC West teams are not that good. They have their QBs, they have their WRs, TEs, RBs and etc. but lack that physical dimension and all are softer on defense. Its this lesson that I think the rest of the NFC will take away from 2014.

For the Rams, this coming offseason will be a challenge. A lot of teams thinking themselves in contention for a Super Bowl, will be looking hard to gain that bit of NFC West edge currently enjoyed by the Seagulls/49whinners and yes, even Rams.

More, within the division lots of the 49Whinner/Seagull money woes will not come home to roost for several seasons yet to come. And it is not a certainty that those coming woes will materialize as how many might envision...who knows how either organization will solve them, or who or what they might find to keep themselves in contention. For the Rams they have to write their own destiny, regardless what the rest of the NFC West or NFC teams do

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

5 of our 9 losses came from our division. Had this year been 2013 we'd be in the playoffs and be a 12-4 team. If we can cut those losses in our division and win at lease 3 or 4 games we're a 9 or 10 win team next year. It's also important to remember we won 7 games with a scrub QB. This is a young team and now the core of our team will be in it's 3rd year, this coming year should be very interesting.

Unspoken is offline Registered User

I can't wait till R. Wilson and Kapernick need to get paid. Then we will see how good they are. Alot of the depth that they have right now, will be gone. Having a QB making nothing sure helps. I wish Bradford would take a paycut and help this team out.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
    I can't wait till R. Wilson and Kapernick need to get paid. Then we will see how good they are. Alot of the depth that they have right now, will be gone. Having a QB making nothing sure helps. I wish Bradford would take a paycut and help this team out.
    When people are calling for his job, he might not know how long his career in the NFL is. So no need for him to take a paycut. Make all the money from that rookie contract, cause tomorrow you never know.