Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Clayton's Quick Hits - Rams interested in Hakim?

April 26, 2005
    Hakim looking for right spot
    Az-Zahir Hakim received calls from around 20 teams after he was released by the Lions on Monday, said his agent, Rocky Arceneaux. The Rams expressed some interest about him returning to St. Louis, but the most interesting possibility could be Kansas City. Hakim could have a chance to work the middle of the field for Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders, who used to be his receiver coach in St. Louis. Hakim could be a factor in the right offense. The Panthers could also be an interesting possibility in trying to find a veteran replacement for Muhsin Muhammad.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Clayton's Quick Hits - Rams interested in Hakim?

I would love to have Hakim back, it's just unfortunate that this team has enough talent at WR right now, and issues at many other spots.

Too bad, he's a great slot receiver....one of the smoothest guys with the ball, ala Dione Sanders.

Using him as your wideout though, it not advised. He's very undersized and as Detroit found out, not durable for the whole load.

But actually, I was thinking that Detroit would have had the most talented young WR core before they released Hakim. Roy and Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, and would have been hakim as well.

majorram is offline Registered User

I bet he goes to the chiefs.......I just don't see the Rams signing him not with the depth at WR........OK, OK I know he fumbled on punt returns but when he held onto the rock he was electric......

steve :ramlogo:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by majorram
    I bet he goes to the chiefs.......I just don't see the Rams signing him not with the depth at WR........OK, OK I know he fumbled on punt returns but when he held onto the rock he was electric......

steve :ramlogo:
    I bet you're right, major. Hakim, along with countless others, will go where most former Rams looking to revive their career go...the loving arms of Dickie V.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

If you guys say the chiefs i believe you. We simply dont have a spot for him. No reason for him to replace shaun macdonald at this point and he certainly isnt as good as curtis. He is not going to sign with us to be the #5 guy when other people will pay him real money.

I liked az a lot when he was with us. Made some very electric plays and have a great superbowl 36. However, i have a really hard time getting over the fumble in the playoffs vs. the saints. If he catches that ball, we win that game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

Yeah that game vs the Saints still haunts me... I dont mind getting hakim back, but other teams will pay more and he'll go after the $$$
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

We sign him as our returner. I know he fumbled alot, but he was I beleive the last Ram to return a kick for a TD. It couldn't hurt to have him on the roster if the price is right.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

coy bacon is offline Registered User

No! I don't want him back. He fumbles too much. He's older, more injury prone, and probably getting slower.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't trust Hakim. Keep him away. He's the reason we have guys like Arlen Harris and Mike Furrey returning kicks.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Az Hakim...no way...please...just say no!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Chiefs | No Interest in Hakim - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:48:20 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have no interest in signing free agent WR Az-Zahir Hakim (Lions). "I'd love to have Az," head coach Dick Vermeil said. "The problem is, as I told Az, is that I already have Dante Hall. I also have another receiver who's not a big guy in Samie Parker. I just don't have room for another small wide receiver. I just wanted to visit with and explain that to him." Hakim played for Vermeil while with the St. Louis Rams.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

As good as he was for us (forget the saints game) there is no place for him now

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I would love to have Hakim back, it's just unfortunate that this team has enough talent at WR right now, and issues at many other spots.
    As easy as it is to try and relive past glories through refugees from the bygone eras, Hakim's time has come and gone. I'm satisifed with the current stable of Rams' receivers; and if I wasn't, I wouldn't be going back to "the little people's receiving corps". Rather, it would be to go after one of the other Detroit receivers that are bigger and stronger.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=general However, i have a really hard time getting over the fumble in the playoffs vs. the saints. If he catches that ball, we win that game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel[/QUOTE]

GC........weren't we still trailing when he fumbled?................I just dont think that we can blame 1 guy for that loss! If he'd sign for the minimum,why not see what he has left?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    We sign him as our returner. I know he fumbled alot, but he was I beleive the last Ram to return a kick for a TD. It couldn't hurt to have him on the roster if the price is right.

I for 1 agree wholeheartedly with you Ramman68

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast