Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Clayton's Quick Hits - Rams interested in Hakim?

Yes we were still losing the Saints game when Hakim fumbled. That was NOT the reason we lost however. Remember that was in New Orleans and our defense was terrible that year. You remember we opened the year with like a 38-35 shootout with the Griese led Broncos. The defense was so bad that year and I believe that was the year with all the fumbles too. Somehow we managed to make the playoffs despite all those problems. Yes Hakim did fumble in the last 2 minutes but our defense let us down in that game.

I unlike some of you would love to have Hakim back. Healthy I think he is probably still just as good as Curtis if not better. He just isnt a 1 or 2 guy he has to be a 3 or 4 wr. I have no doubt he is better than Mcdonald. He already knows the offense and can be very explosive when he touches the ball. Neither Curtis or Mcdonald are as shifty as Hakim,Hakim is much better in traffic and making people miss than both of them.We do have depth at wr but I see no reason why we can't upgrade our #4 spot and go back to the greatest show days where we line up 4 wr's that are better than the db's that step on the field in front of them. Could you imagine having 4 really good wr's like we did with Proehl,Hakim,Bruce and Holt. I say it's worth a shot if we can get him at a discount price.Bruce,Holt,Curtis,Hakim, and Mcdonald thats scary.

Just Fix It

general counsel Guest

Talks to the angeles, there is PLENTY of blame to go around for that loss. The defense was a debacle of biblical magnitude. My point was that while we were losing, they were not stopping us at all at that point of the game and if he catches the ball, there was a very, very high probability we were going to go in and score and win. In all liklihood our defense was nowhere near good enough to repeat as champs anyway.

We really dont have a spot for a pure return man, he was never a kickoff returner anyway and we have 6 receivers, which doesnt even count furrey. groce can handle the punts.

general counsel

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

From an old article:

After going ahead 31-7 early in the fourth quarter, New Orleans (11-6) watched Kurt Warner drive the Rams to three quick touchdowns, shaving the deficit to 31-28.

After the final touchdown at the 2:36 mark, the Saints recovered the Rams' onside kick. The Rams (10-7) forced a punt, but Az Hakim muffed an easy fair catch at his own 11, and New Orleans recovered.

"My teammates were all very supportive of me," Hakim said. "But I felt we went out on that play."
    Yeah, our defense sucked, but Az provided the heart-breaker. And he was doing it all year.

AlabamaRam is offline Registered User

Always did like Az despite his fumbling problems....Just don't see him coming back with all the talent we have at the wideout position.

Anyhoo...Go Rams!

sbramfan is offline Registered User

How quickly we forget.

If not for AZ returning the prior punt (or kickoff?) 60 yards, we would not have been in that game at all.

thoey is offline Registered User

Sorry, off topic. I was going to send a message or email, but AlabamaRam has not enabled that.

AlabamaRam,

If that is your truck in your sig picture, we have to see more!

*** MODS *** Found a better thread to put this question in. Please delete my post...
    Last edited by thoey; -05-06-2005 at 02:02 AM.
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12