Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Clemens has to be benched

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: Clemens has to be benched

Right now Clemens is on my short list...the Rams could have won--SHOULD have won the Seagull game if he tried to run it--thus the Illegal man down field penalty. He wouldn't been in the NFL if he didn't have skill sets.

I just watch him throughout preseason it it was painful to watch. I watch how the team responds to him when he is on the field, and that is pitiful to watch--least they try and play for Bradford.

Honestly I don't think the team has any belief in Schotty. And sadly he has sparks of brilliance followed with total ineptness in play calling. Seriously I honestly think as an organization the Rams need to fire Jeff Fisher now--it sends a message, from the owner that he will not tolerate this kind of garbage

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Right now Clemens is on my short list...the Rams could have won--SHOULD have won the Seagull game if he tried to run it--thus the Illegal man down field penalty. He wouldn't been in the NFL if he didn't have skill sets.

I just watch him throughout preseason it it was painful to watch. I watch how the team responds to him when he is on the field, and that is pitiful to watch--least they try and play for Bradford.

Honestly I don't think the team has any belief in Schotty. And sadly he has sparks of brilliance followed with total ineptness in play calling. Seriously I honestly think as an organization the Rams need to fire Jeff Fisher now--it sends a message, from the owner that he will not tolerate this kind of garbage

citr92 is offline Registered User

fisher's not the one that needs to be fired...come on....there's other coaches too (that aren't doing their job well i might add)

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Fisher and his coaches are not much different than what we have seen in the last eight years. They are carrying on the losing tradition.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Fisher doesn't deserve to be fired, but I do blame him for hiring our OC and apparently sharing in his philosophy. And also for all the penalties and lack of discipline on the O'line and on special teams. Ultimately, all his fault, and more than anything, are the factors in the poor record thus far.

I think that with a winning season slipping away, they will (or should) get Davis in there towards the end of the season to see what he's got for next year's considerations, but at the moment, in trying to fix other issues, they will stick with Clemens, who is holding his own as a backup. But I too would like to see Davis since I am one who thinks that even if Bradford is our guy next year, may just be injury prone and we need to find another QB so our season is not over if he goes down, and just to see how we look with a different style QB since it can't hurt at this point.
    Last edited by renrawtruk; -11-04-2013 at 01:32 AM.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Fisher doesn't deserve to be fired, but I do blame him for hiring our OC and apparently sharing in his philosophy. And also for all the penalties and lack of discipline on the O'line and on special teams. Ultimately, all his fault, and more than anything, are the factors in the poor record thus far.

I think that with a winning season slipping away, they will (or should) get Davis in there towards the end of the season to see what he's got for next year's considerations, but at the moment, in trying to fix other issues, they will stick with Clemens, who is holding his own as a backup. But I too would like to see Davis since I am one who thinks that even if Bradford is our guy next year, may just be injury prone and we need to find another QB so our season is not over if he goes down, and just to see how we look with a different style QB since it can't hurt at this point.
    having the same philosophy is one thing

it's another to be bad at that philosophy like schotty is

he didn't hire a good DC this year, but last year he had a better hire but there were other circumstances involved so it didn't work out

i can't see fisher wanting to move forward with schottenheimer as much as most people do not want to see another OC leaving and being hired....again

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    I just watch him throughout preseason it it was painful to watch. I watch how the team responds to him when he is on the field, and that is pitiful to watch
    Bernie Kosar, is that you?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

While most of us agree that Clemens wasn't the goat here, it's hard to see him as anything but a dead end. I think the only legit reason to keep him in is the vet leadership thing.
    I'd rather see Davis & the kids romp around than another plucky but inevitably futile performance by Clemens. I doubt Fisher will indulge me.

RuffRams is offline Registered User
    I think we should see what Austin Davis is made out of

Sent from my Samsung using Forum Runner

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    I think you see Austin Davis week 13 at Arizona.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    While most of us agree that Clemens wasn't the goat here, it's hard to see him as anything but a dead end. I think the only legit reason to keep him in is the vet leadership thing.
    I'd rather see Davis & the kids romp around than another plucky but inevitably futile performance by Clemens. I doubt Fisher will indulge me.

it took how many games and offseason workouts/practices for Fisher to realize that Pead and Richardson arent really the answer to the RB situation?

How many games do we think Fisher will watch before he realizes Clemens is may not be the answer?

I am seriously starting to think that there is something suspect and amiss in St Louis. I wonder what happens in practices during the week?

We used to call some guys 'half-speed all-americans' because they performed great in practice and terrible on game day. I wonder if this applies to some of the players the Rams have now?
    Last edited by punahou; -11-04-2013 at 01:42 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

This isnt about Clemens not playing well or doing the best he can. This is about letting a younger guy get on the field and show what he can do with a starting unit. We already know who Clemens is and he will never be starter quality. Do we really know what Davis is? Sure Kellen has been a decent game manager the last two weeks and we have lost both games. So what does it really hurt to let a younger guy with potential upside replace an aging guy with zero upside. Whats the worst that will happen? We might lose which is what we are already doing. This season is lost with Clemens at the healm so i see no reason to keep him on the field.
    bruce4life and punahou like this.
    Just Fix It

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Wondered how long it would take for fans to turn on Fisher. 25th game.
    Expect more of it as the season progresses.

The Rams haven't made the playoffs since Martz was forced out and some fans still claim he was to blame for all the problems.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    This isnt about Clemens not playing well or doing the best he can. This is about letting a younger guy get on the field and show what he can do with a starting unit. We already know who Clemens is and he will never be starter quality. Do we really know what Davis is? Sure Kellen has been a decent game manager the last two weeks and we have lost both games. So what does it really hurt to let a younger guy with potential upside replace an aging guy with zero upside. Whats the worst that will happen? We might lose which is what we are already doing. This season is lost with Clemens at the healm so i see no reason to keep him on the field.
    So you are saying that our season is lost? Even with Sam, our record was not stellar up until this point. I don't agree that our season is lost, but I will admit our having lost Sam doesn't help the cause. We have an abundance of young players who can and hopefully will develop as our season continues. These kids (on both sides of the ball) need to develop, and as they do, our entire team should improve.

Clemens like it or not, has the best knowledge of Schotty’s offense. He may not have the best arm in the NFL, but he did show some leadership, mobility and accuracy early on in the game. Kellen has not been afforded the opportunity to go through multiple reps with the 1st team as Sam has been healthy until the Panther game, and therefore garnered the lion’s share of reps with our first team skill players. Clemens is no doubt doing his best to play catch-up.

I am not implying Kellen will lead us into the Promised Land, but he is not singlehandedly responsible for the Rams being outscored by the opposition in their last two games by a whopping 12 points. His familiarity with the offense allows Schotty to use as much of the playbook as the limited experience of the young skill players warrants. Clemens is getting in his reps as we speak. Maybe if our defense can stop the run more efficiently, generate a few more 3 & outs during games, Kellen will look better.

This is after all a team sport. Kellen doesn’t play defense, and neither can he guarantee receivers won’t drop the ball, or tip it into opposing defender’s hands. Certainly there are some among us who question Schotty’s offense/playcalling – same with Tim Waltons defensive calls. That’s all fine and well, once again however, Kellen is not in control of those decisions.

Do I like the idea of Kellen being the Rams’ starter? No – I much prefer Sam. Since Sam’s out, Kellen is our guy. Austin Davis? Brady Quinn? If Clemens gets hurt or begins to unravel, one or both of those guys will get a look. I say - be careful what you wish for. If either of those two are called upon to start, do we really think Schotty won’t dumb things down? Whether we like Schotty or not, I’d rather have the option of utilizing most if not all of the offensive playbook, than a limited amount. Kellen gives us that option at this point - which of course is why he is the Rams’ #2.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    So you are saying that our season is lost? Even with Sam, our record was not stellar up until this point. I don't agree that our season is lost, but I will admit our having lost Sam doesn't help the cause. We have an abundance of young players who can and hopefully will develop as our season continues. These kids (on both sides of the ball) need to develop, and as they do, our entire team should improve.

Clemens like it or not, has the best knowledge of Schotty’s offense. He may not have the best arm in the NFL, but he did show some leadership, mobility and accuracy early on in the game. Kellen has not been afforded the opportunity to go through multiple reps with the 1st team as Sam has been healthy until the Panther game, and therefore garnered the lion’s share of reps with our first team skill players. Clemens is no doubt doing his best to play catch-up.

I am not implying Kellen will lead us into the Promised Land, but he is not singlehandedly responsible for the Rams being outscored by the opposition in their last two games by a whopping 12 points. His familiarity with the offense allows Schotty to use as much of the playbook as the limited experience of the young skill players warrants. Clemens is getting in his reps as we speak. Maybe if our defense can stop the run more efficiently, generate a few more 3 & outs during games, Kellen will look better.

This is after all a team sport. Kellen doesn’t play defense, and neither can he guarantee receivers won’t drop the ball, or tip it into opposing defender’s hands. Certainly there are some among us who question Schotty’s offense/playcalling – same with Tim Waltons defensive calls. That’s all fine and well, once again however, Kellen is not in control of those decisions.

Do I like the idea of Kellen being the Rams’ starter? No – I much prefer Sam. Since Sam’s out, Kellen is our guy. Austin Davis? Brady Quinn? If Clemens gets hurt or begins to unravel, one or both of those guys will get a look. I say - be careful what you wish for. If either of those two are called upon to start, do we really think Schotty won’t dumb things down? Whether we like Schotty or not, I’d rather have the option of utilizing most if not all of the offensive playbook, than a limited amount. Kellen gives us that option at this point - which of course is why he is the Rams’ #2.
    Your post seems as though you got to our season is lost and stopped reading. I have not blamed Kellen for anything. I am simply stating that I would like to see Davis given a shot with the starters. He has been in this system other than going to Miami after pre-season. Yes our season is lost and if you think otherwise your fooling yourself. Clemens also knew this offense in New York and lost the job to Sanchez. My point is what does it hurt to see what Davis has? I too prefer Sam and have to say Sam would have thrown a td vs the Seahawks there is no doubt in my mind. Like I said I'm not blaming Kellen but what good is he really doing? He's 30 years old with zero upside. How about we give a guy who is 24 in his 3rd year a shot in real game action. If Davis sucks at least we know but everyone thought Warner sucked before he took over. Everyone thought Brady was just a back up when he took over for Bledsoe. I'm not saying Davis is either of those but if all he ever gets is snaps in pre-season no one will ever know. Like I said i'm not blaming Kellen for anything. He has been serviceable, but I would have to think Davis would be just as serviceable and has a potential upside. Kellen isnt to blame in either of the last two games however the ball was in his hands with a chance to win one game and tie another and we got what you would expect from a career back up, two losses.
    Last edited by rammiser; -11-04-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Just Fix It

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast