Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleveland Holds Key To Rams Draft Plan

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: Cleveland Holds Key To Rams Draft Plan

Disappiontment has been free agency this year. The way I look at is that had the Rams fixed its WR woes in free agency and perhaps more secondary help it would help the Rams draft situation in the eyes of other teams. One draft pick is one guy where as the Rams need multipal players. I have been studying this comings draft and I think the depth of the draft really stops at top 14 top spots woth the money teams are planning to spend.

Just how Cleveland plans to solve their woes with the Redskins and Tampa Bay in the mix I don't know. Had the Rams solved a few more needs, it would have strengthen its bargining position if teams wish to trade up with the Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If Claiborne is as advertised, I'd take him over Blackmon if they were both there at 6 (virtually impossible), particularly if the Fortuniners sign Peyton Manning.

If that happens, we'll need shut down corners on both sides of the field and in the middle.

Besides in this rebuilding process, I'm thinking Jeff Fisher will be more likely to solidify the defense first anyway.

Which makes no sense to me, because although we certainly need some upgrades defensively, it is in better shape than our offense, which is a complete disaster. Now Lloyd is gone. I'll say it for the billionth time: WE NEED PLAYMAKERS.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

I was the biggest Blackmon fan before the combine. But a 6' 3/4 guy who runs a 4.5 on a pro day after skipping the run in the combine doesn't back up his college numbers. Great leaps in college, but will that translate to the NFL at a 6th pick . If both Claiborne and Blackmon are available I say got Defense with 6 and look for Hill in the 2nd round (6'5 4.4). No replacement for size and speed. Dont get me wrong, we NEED offensive help, but getting Claiborne gets us a lock down corner. Getting Blackmon gets us a young Antoine Bouldin. Is that worth the 6th pick? Not to mention Claiborne returns punts.........WE NEED A THREAT ON SPECIAL TEAMS (SEE PATRICK PETERSON RAM HIGHLIGHTS)
    Last edited by ram1906; -03-19-2012 at 07:42 PM.

richtree is offline Registered User

comparing Claiborne to Peterson's special team skills is just dumb....Cliaborne is a much better cover corner., but has no return skills at the NFL level....

average ST skills at best

Whats even dumber is having NO threat on punt returns for the past decade....And I never compared their SKILLS on sp...just lack of sp threat on our team. Claiborne did return punts in college and minus Mathew, probably would have returned punts full time. And if picked would be the Rams punt returner day 1 with " average ST skills at best"

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    Whats even dumber is having NO threat on punt returns for the past decade....And I never compared their SKILLS on sp...just lack of sp threat on our team. Claiborne did return punts in college and minus Mathew, probably would have returned punts full time. And if picked would be the Rams punt returner day 1 with " average ST skills at best"
    Didn't Amendola break a couple of Rams return records two seasons ago?

Yes he did based on overall return yards. None to the house. Which to meet is attributed to more heart than true ability.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    The only way they ever get a true #1 receiver is this pick this year? Why would you say that?
    I think the operative phrase missing here is "for Bradford". And when you reinsert this the context becomes much more important. Bradford needs help and help now. He's got to have a couple of stud WRs be there to bail him out when the ball's high or fluttering 'cuz he released it in order to avoid the rush. If BradfordNail has another season like last, for any number of reasons outside his control, his days are numbered. It's this year. Personally, I'd try to find a way to go get both Blackmon and Floyd. Give him some hands on the other side of the pass; otherwise, find some more excuses why his numbers suk again ...

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    I was the biggest Blackmon fan before the combine. But a 6' 3/4 guy who runs a 4.5 on a pro day after skipping the run in the combine doesn't back up his college numbers. Great leaps in college, but will that translate to the NFL at a 6th pick . If both Claiborne and Blackmon are available I say got Defense with 6 and look for Hill in the 2nd round (6'5 4.4). No replacement for size and speed. Dont get me wrong, we NEED offensive help, but getting Claiborne gets us a lock down corner. Getting Blackmon gets us a young Antoine Bouldin. Is that worth the 6th pick? Not to mention Claiborne returns punts.........WE NEED A THREAT ON SPECIAL TEAMS (SEE PATRICK PETERSON RAM HIGHLIGHTS)

Antoine Bouldin

Antoine Bouldin

ANTOINE BOULDIN

Lol its Anquan Boldin my friend. But yes, we need a playmaker on offense, Blackmon. Our offense was embarrasing last year. I hear rumors that we may be looking to take Richardson, and if that happens, I will be VERY pissed.
    Last edited by Ahmedrams81; -03-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12