throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Coach Jim Haslett November 7

Rams Head Coach Jim Haslett

November 7, 2008

(Opening Remarks)

“I’ll give you an injury update real quick, I guess you guys want to know about (RB) Steven (Jackson) obviously he didn’t practice so he won’t go this week. (RB) (Antonio) Pittman practiced and he’s a go, he’ll go with the other two running backs. Eric Moore is out and I guess that’s it. (RB) Travis (Minor) passed his test, but we’re going to hold him until next week.”

(On who will start at running back)

“Right now, (RB) Ken (Darby) will start at running back.”

(On if RB Ken Darby and RB Sam Gado are exciting about playing)

“Well, they should, I mean, you have to talk to them, but yeah. I think they should be. I know Sam’s excited about it and obviously Ken this will be his first opportunity, so I would think they would be that way.”

(On if he has seen anything this week that would lead him to believe that RB Ken Darby and RB Sam Gado are ready)

“I know they’re excited about having the opportunity to play this team and obviously going against the Jets with the great run defense they have this will be a great challenge for them.”

(On if RB Antonio Pittman will have any restrictions)

“No, he’s ready to go. He’s fine.”

(On if it surprises him that RB Antonio Pittman has recovered so quickly)

“It surprised me how fast he came back, but he told me he was going to be ready all week. I said, ‘Are you going to go out and practice Friday,” and he came out and did it. We’ll decide, I think Ken is going to start, but we’ll decide if Pittman’s ready obviously he’ll be the guy also, but all three of them are going to play.”

(On if WR Derek Stanley is going to do returns)

“Yes.”

(On if DE Leonard Little is 100 percent)

“I don’t know, I don’t think anybody out here is 100 percent. Probably not, but Leonard’s a tough guy and has made it through all this and I’m proud of him, the way he’s handling it.”

(On why LB Chris Chamberlain wasn’t at practice)

“He’s sick, he got the flu. We sent him home, he’ll be alright though.”

WR Torry Holt

November 7, 2008

(On what he sees from the young running backs and their impact of the offense)

“We’ll see. Practice tempo is definitely different from game tempo. Samkon (Gado), though, I saw him play several times since he’s been in the league. He runs the ball extremely hard, practices hard, and the same with (Ken) Darby. He’ll get an opportunity to get in the game and hopefully break some runs for us. We have to run the football and most importantly, like I’ve always said, we have to run the football effectively. Not only run it, but run it effectively. I think that will help our offense.”

(On having a busy second half last week and if he thinks that can carry over to this week)

“We’ll see. Like they say, coverage dictates what’s going on, so we’ll see how they play us, but in the meantime, just try to do what we can do on the outside, on the perimeter, as far as getting open and once we get an opportunity, to try to make the most of it.”

(On the Jets forcing the Rams to run the ball)

“Absolutely. It will be interesting to see how they adjust, on how they make us adjust and what their game plan will be. Regardless of whether they force us to run or they don’t, we have to run the football and we have to run it effectively.”

(On if they have shown a lot of Cover Two in the past)

“It’s been a couple of years since I’ve played the Jets. I can’t quite remember, but I don’t remember seeing as much Cover Two and ‘2-man’ as they play now. They do a little bit of everything. They match, they zone man, they play Cover Three and bring the safety down. They do some blitzing a little bit. They do a little bit of everything, so we definitely have to be (prepared) as far as recognizing what’s going on in the secondary and also going on up front.”

(On Jets CB Darelle Revis being a good young talent)

“He is. I like him. Watching him all week on film, he’s been very impressive, really good feet, very strong, plays the ball well, tackles well, gets off blocks. I would assume that he’s definitely a DB coach’s dream. He seems like he’s a studious kid but at the same time very talented, very skilled and he goes out and played very hard on Sundays.”

(On if he likes playing up in New York)

“I do. I like the New York atmosphere. Ever since I’ve been going to New York City and playing there, I’ve always felt like they’ve shown some love and respect. It’s good. The crowd definitely loves their Jets and they love their Giants. They love their New York sports, period. It’s always fun going up to the Big City, the Big Apple and having an opportunity to showcase your talents.”

RB Antonio Pittman

November 7, 2008

(On how he feels)

“I feel pretty good. I got out there yesterday and wanted to see if I could open up and burst. I felt pretty fine coming off yesterday and waking up this morning. I went out there today and I will be ready for Sunday.”

(On how much playing time he thinks he can handle Sunday against the New York Jets)

“I would not put myself out there if I could not do it all. I think I can go.”

(On if he is surprised that he is ready to play)
    “I don’t think I am surprised. I am a guy that is always like, if it is not broken and I am walking, then I am running. I am going to go out there and give it all I can.”

(On if his leg is giving him any problems)
    “No, it is fine. I am going to stay on my treatment with that and stay on the treatment with my hamstring and get my body back in shape and ready to go out there and roll this week.”

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Coach Jim Haslett November 7

(On if he has seen anything this week that would lead him to believe that RB Ken Darby and RB Sam Gado are ready)

“I know they’re excited about having the opportunity to play this team and obviously going against the Jets with the great run defense they have this will be a great challenge for them.”
    Hmm. No indication if Haslett thinks they're ready. They're excited about the opportunity? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for either Darby or Gado. I sure hope they're ready, because Bulger needs help.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Coach Jim Haslett November 7

Any update on Carriker???!?!?!?!