Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

If the Rams finish 8-8 and win the west,then who is more deserving than Spags, I heard on a radio show today that Morris from Tampa was the frontrunner,they have not beat a team with a winning record and still have 7 wins to show for it which tells me they are playing a crappy schedule.to go from 1-15 to 8-8 or better with a rookie QB starting from game 1 I think our guy should get the award,now lets hope we can get to 8-8.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

I will say this, I think Spags is locked in as our coach for probably another two years after this season. No more hot seat talk. The coordinators may or may not change though.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I will say this, I think Spags is locked in as our coach for probably another two years after this season. No more hot seat talk. The coordinators may or may not change though.
    There was hot seat talk? I love having Spags as our coach, I think he is a natural leader and handles everything well. Whether a 1 win season, new franchise qb, wins etc.; I think we can all agree he needs more seasoning in certain game time situations, but as far as coaching I really like the small things he does like looking reporters in the eye and addressing them by name. Don't know if anybody has seen the movie, "Forever Strong"(great movie) but he reminds me of highlands coach, especially with the four pillars.

I hope he's locked in for more than 2 years, it looks to me as if we have the right pieces in place for many great seasons and I'm looking forward to every one.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Spags will certainly get my vote....just keep winning baby!!!

GO RAMS!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    If the Rams finish 8-8 and win the west,then who is more deserving than Spags, I heard on a radio show today that Morris from Tampa was the frontrunner,they have not beat a team with a winning record and still have 7 wins to show for it which tells me they are playing a crappy schedule.to go from 1-15 to 8-8 or better with a rookie QB starting from game 1 I think our guy should get the award,now lets hope we can get to 8-8.
    Well, they beat us, so....

At this point, I'd probably have to go with Morris as well, but we'll have to see how the season closes out. If Spags can get the Rams to 8-8 with a playoff appearance, after getting just one win the year prior, it'd be tough to find a better person to vote for.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Spags may have gotten in his own way as far as that award is concerned. I believe Spags' philosophy clearly cost us at least 2 games, maybe more. For that reason he cannot be the coach of the year IMO.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Spags may have gotten in his own way as far as that award is concerned. I believe Spags' philosophy clearly cost us at least 2 games, maybe more. For that reason he cannot be the coach of the year IMO.
    So if you blame him for 2 losses is it also okay if I blame him for five (hopefully eventually 8) wins?

I thought the "hot seat" talk before the season was moronic, and even if we lost all of our games this year I would still think it is moronic.

Which is why I see this turnaround as fantastic as is truly is.

In case you guys forget, the Rams were terrible, like franchise cripplingly terrible. Most teams can never recover from being that bad, or at least it takes them a real long time to do it. Ie, Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Bengals, Chargers, Buccaneers. Those teams were bad for decades. The Rams, thanks to Mr Spagunolo and Mr Devaney, were only horrid for three years.

Coach of the Year?
    I think so!
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -12-04-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: well forgot to put wins in there, oops

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If Spags takes a 1-15 team to the playoffs, in one year, he definitely deserves to be the COTY, over a Raheem Morris who may have a better record, but doesn't make the playoffs. We were moribund going into the year, and yes, we may be a part of the worst division, but the fact is, if we win it, it goes to the coaching.

ninehater: what two games did his philosophy lose?
    I believe!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Morris has done well..but i think he really has rode his luck and the Bucs have won every game they have played anything near decent football in..
    where as if we had the same amount of luck in winning the games we played decent football in,we would have been 10-1 now.

i try not to be a homer and i don`t think i am being one now..but i`d give it to Spags if he can guide us to a 9-7 record.

Todd Haley should be in with a shout of it also...

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    If Spags takes a 1-15 team to the playoffs, in one year, he definitely deserves to be the COTY, over a Raheem Morris who may have a better record, but doesn't make the playoffs. We were moribund going into the year, and yes, we may be a part of the worst division, but the fact is, if we win it, it goes to the coaching.

ninehater: what two games did his philosophy lose?
    Tampa Bay and SF immediately come to mind, but to be honest, probably all but Atlanta and Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    So if you blame him for 2 losses is it also okay if I blame him for five (hopefully eventually 8)?
    By all means, if that's the way you feel.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    By all means, if that's the way you feel.
    Re reading my post, I meant to put "wins" in there, almost comes off as me saying I want the Rams to lose 8 games!

But yes, I believe he and Billy have stuck to their guns and built this team the right way (against many fans' wishes... this poster not excluded!), and Spags has definitely put his stamp on our defense.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well, they beat us, so....

At this point, I'd probably have to go with Morris as well, but we'll have to see how the season closes out. If Spags can get the Rams to 8-8 with a playoff appearance, after getting just one win the year prior, it'd be tough to find a better person to vote for.
    yes they did and if we don't make the playoffs that might be the game that cost us the chance,I know we have lost some close ones but that game was there for the taking and they just didn't finish it off.

thermobee is offline Registered User

If we win the West plus one playoff game, he might be a lock. Turn 1-15 team into a playoff winning team is deserving of Coach of the year award.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

If Spags can take the 2009 1-15 Rams team to 8-8 and a NFC West division title, how could he possibly not get coach of the year??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast