Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If Spags can take the 2009 1-15 Rams team to 8-8 and a NFC West division title, how could he possibly not get coach of the year??
    I can think of two off the top of my head.

    One, Tampa will almost certainly finish no worse than tied with us at seasons' end, which puts them ahead of us since we gave them a game.

    And two, because 8 and 8 should probably be at least 10 and 6 if not for Spags IMO.


  2. #17
    chucknbob is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    31
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If Spags can take the 2009 1-15 Rams team to 8-8 and a NFC West division title, how could he possibly not get coach of the year??
    Because it's the NFC West. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as pumped to be on top of the division as anyone else, but don't forget we're still trying to get to .500 this week.

    I'm not saying that Spags won't deserve it by the end of the season, and I feel that he's done a great job with our young bruised up team thus far. I think it is going to boil down to how we finish the season, and how we look when/if we host our playoff game.

  3. #18
    Richbert88's Avatar
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    I disagree. Though I really like Spags, he is making mistakes still, such as time management, second half let downs with an overly conservative play calling regimen. Ultimately, he has to be the man responsible for this.

    Additionally, I think Bradford more than Spags is responsible for this turn around. His play sparks this entire team including defense. When he struggles, which there are limited instances, like in the later stages of games, you can see the defense wear down.

    Give Spags and DV credit for getting Sam, but making Spags coach of the year for the unbelievable play of a remarkable rookie. He's getting better, but isn't coach of the year, yet.
    Semper Fi!

  4. #19
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I can think of two off the top of my head.

    One, Tampa will almost certainly finish no worse than tied with us at seasons' end, which puts them ahead of us since we gave them a game.

    And two, because 8 and 8 should probably be at least 10 and 6 if not for Spags IMO.
    I'm getting the impression you're not a big Spags fan.

    We'll just have to agree to disagree about who deserves what, but a coach that takes the worst team in the NFL to a division title with a very young, talent deprived squad would be deserving of coach of the year IMO.

  5. #20
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm getting the impression you're not a big Spags fan.

    We'll just have to agree to disagree about who deserves what, but a coach that takes the worst team in the NFL to a division title with a very young, talent deprived squad would be deserving of coach of the year IMO.
    Spags appears to be an excellent coach, just not a fan of his philosophy. And the primary reason why he shouldn't win coach of the year is Tampa Bay.

    Let's not forget that Tampa Bay had the third pick in the draft, so obviously they've come a long way as well. They too are a very young group. And although the fact that they've already beaten us appears to be of no consequence to you for some odd reason, it will ultimately keep their coach ahead of ours.

  6. #21
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    gotta be Spags! Tampa just had a winning season in 2008 we haven't had one since 2006. Spags has turned this all around in dramatic fashion. we were the laughing stock of the NFL and now here we are looking at a potential playoff run, Tampa Bay might not even make the playoffs.
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  7. #22
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    gotta be Spags! Tampa just had a winning season in 2008 we haven't had one since 2006. Spags has turned this all around in dramatic fashion. we were the laughing stock of the NFL and now here we are looking at a potential playoff run, Tampa Bay might not even make the playoffs.
    Tampa Bay might not even make the playoffs because they're in a division with two teams that have 9+ wins. The Rams wouldn't be likely to make the playoffs under those circumstances, either.

  8. #23
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,141
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Spags is certainly in the conversation. Raheem Morris is the other logical guy that comes to mind. He's done a nice job with a Tampa team that was about as bad as the Rams last year. Saying Morris doesn't deserve it because "they haven't beaten a team with a winning record" is hypocrisy at its worst. Who have the Rams beaten? San Diego is the best team they've beaten, and they're 6-6. The West is terrible. And the Bucs beat us. Let's be objective, here.

    Spags and Morris are the two coaches who have engineered the biggest turnarounds with teams who weren't expected to do anything. Each is deserving. The winner will probably be the one with the better record at year's end.

  9. #24
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Why is everyone talking an 8-8 record? I like the way we play defense and we can be dangerous if Bradford and Alexander can hook-up frequently and S-Jax can pound the ball. I think we can compete with teams like the chiefs and saints.

    Speaking of the chiefs look at what Hailey has done. The chiefs were 4-12 with a 1-7 home record. This year they have the best running game in the NFL without a loss at home and are 8-4 right now. ANd the chiefs blewout teams and won some close games.

    I think we should be looking for a 10-6 record and be a competitive team in the playoffs not just a mediocre team the luckily made it in a bad division. Spags should show off how far the team has come in the next 2 weeks.

  10. #25
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Spags is certainly in the conversation. Raheem Morris is the other logical guy that comes to mind. He's done a nice job with a Tampa team that was about as bad as the Rams last year. Saying Morris doesn't deserve it because "they haven't beaten a team with a winning record" is hypocrisy at its worst. Who have the Rams beaten? San Diego is the best team they've beaten, and they're 6-6. The West is terrible. And the Bucs beat us. Let's be objective, here.

    Spags and Morris are the two coaches who have engineered the biggest turnarounds with teams who weren't expected to do anything. Each is deserving. The winner will probably be the one with the better record at year's end.
    saying they havent beaten a team with a winning record is not hypocrisy its a fact and they beat us with what 12 seconds to go,so how much weight does that really carry.Spags has done a better job of taking an awful team to respectability.

  11. #26
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,823
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    My vote goes to Wade Ph... I mean Brad Childre.... Josh McDan...

    I just don't know anymore!

  12. #27
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,141
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    saying they havent beaten a team with a winning record is not hypocrisy its a fact and they beat us with what 12 seconds to go,so how much weight does that really carry.Spags has done a better job of taking an awful team to respectability.

    What are you not getting, jk ?? The point is, the very thing you're saying about Tampa not beating a good team can be said about the Rams!! And saying Spags has done a better job than Morris of taking an awful team to respectability can be argued as well. Listen, I'd give Spags my vote, but only because I'm a Rams fan and a good argument could be made in his support. But the same can also be said of Morris, whose tampa Bay team was just as bad as St. Louis last year.

  13. #28
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    The fact that we're having this discussion is a great thing. I'm sure we'd all love to see the Rams continue to far exceed expectations and Spags earn the honor of NFL Coach of the Year.

  14. #29
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    I think Singletary just entered back into the race by announcing Alex Smith is going to be their starter.

    If he can pull off a 4 and 12 season for the ***** he will get my vote.

  15. #30
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    What are you not getting, jk ?? The point is, the very thing you're saying about Tampa not beating a good team can be said about the Rams!! And saying Spags has done a better job than Morris of taking an awful team to respectability can be argued as well. Listen, I'd give Spags my vote, but only because I'm a Rams fan and a good argument could be made in his support. But the same can also be said of Morris, whose tampa Bay team was just as bad as St. Louis last year.
    maybe your right and maybe I'm giving a homer vote but I thought the Rams were by far the worst team in football and given where they are now Spags deserves it in my opinion, who knows there could be other names in it before the season is over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thomas Chat --Jan 27th
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
  2. Gordo Live--Aug 11
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  4. Weekend quotes
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-11-2004, 08:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •